• ProjectX2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thor

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Wade_Wilson

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Kitty would be the main character of this movie. It would deal a little with the origin of Brion and Maggen and also look at the future of Rachel Grey. I would either have it as a really long solo movie or break it up into two films. I'd include all of the villains who are after Phoenix in the film. Gatecrasher wants her to rule the world, Sat-Yr-9 thinks she can use her to control Captain Britain, Ahab wants to return her to their timeline so she can't alter it and Mojo wants her for ratings on his TV show.
I decided that this would be a huge superheroes meets fantasy film like Bass said. I wanted people who could work well in an ensemble cast and could also portray the characters well.

Captain Britain: Jonathan Rys Meyers
For the captain, I wanted an actor who could pull off the nobility of Braddock, and also play someone believably bookish in his life. While he hasn't broken all the way through the Hollywood strotosphere, Jonathan Rys Meyers has all of the qualities to bring Brian Braddock to the screen.
220px-Jonathan_Rhys-Meyers.jpeg

Meggan: Bryce Dallas Howard
Meggan is the innocent character of Excalibur. She is the one who captures others' eyes and fills them with a good feeling. Howard plays very likable and even mysterious characters in her roles. She can easily pull off the British accent needed for the role.
doc463efff2212e9129644861.jpg

Nightcrawler: Alan Tudyk
Watch any of Tudyk's roles and say that he isn't the lighthearted spirit of the group. He's excellent in ensembles casts such as Knight's Tale and Dodgeball. To play Nightcrawler, an actor has to make use of his eyes. Tudyk could only rely on his eyes and voice to give a good performance in I, Robot. There's always that bonus of him playing the swashbuckling cmoical character in his films. I don't want him to be there for comedy, but as the guy who lightens up the room while inspiring his teammates because he's essentially a good guy.
alan_tudyk.jpg

Shadowcat: Rachel McAdams
The movie is set a few years after Kitty first joined the X-Men so she is older in this than in other incarnations. Shadowcat has powers that aren't very combative, so McAdams can play the sweet girl act. Shadowcat's also trained by Wolverine in martial arts so McAdams can pull out the tough part needed.
rachel-mcadams02_0.jpg

Phoenix: Claire Danes
Phoenix is a mystery to her teammates. She's from a terrible future which she's trying to change and she inherited the powers from the most powerful mutant on the planet. Claire Danes has kind of an otherworldly look to her. She can also bring about a lot of emotion when she's letting out the Phoenix Force.
claire.jpg

Gatecrasher: Kathy Bates
To play the queen from Alice in Wonderland, you need to be possesive and torturous. Watch Misery and you get that feeling from Bates. She's an actor who can be comical without being silly.
KathyBates_Grani_11789858_400.jpg

Mojo: John Goodman
I want the actor to play Mojo to be imposing both physically and vocally. John Goodman is a man that can play off the look (there would be a load of cgi) and bring out the sleazy TV producer aspect of Mojo.
0000011910_20060921025736.jpg

Sat-Yr-9: Michelle Pfeiffer
Michelle Pfeiffer can play a witch, she can play Catwoman, so she can play a Nazi. She's very good at playing bad people and she has the look, if only a little aged.
Michelle%20Pfeiffer.jpg

Ahab: Sean Connery
I don't know if Ahab if Scottish in the comics, but I'll make him that in the movie. I also thought that Connery had the attitude and toughness to play a character as sadistic as Ahab. I can picture Connery with a pipe and cybernetic leg also.
connerygg56.jpg

Last edited:
mmk

Captain Britain- Matt Salinger (this guy is GOOD- just see Captain America)
Meggan- Liv Tyler (shes already played an elf lady well)
Nightcrawler- Alan Cumming (dude, he IS the character- he's got the look down and everything)
Shadowcat- Ellen Page (see above)
Phoenix- Famke Janssen (again)
Mojo- Mike Myers (yeah baby!)
Ahab- Patrick Stewart (already played a different ahab in Moby Dick)

I win.

for mojo's voice, i would use the guy who did the parrot's voice in the alladin movies. it just seems to fit for me.
Gilbert Godfried?

I looked at this like this "X-men 1-3 are too new for this to ignore , too new for this to be a remake , Alt-dimensions would confuse people." So I looked at mine from film universe

EXCALIBUR

Cast

Captain Britain – Christopher Eccleston , From how you described Captain Britain he reminded of The doctor in the first season of the new Doctor who. Christopher Eccleston was perfect for that type of role and seeing him in stuff like "Heroes" ""Cracker" and other stuff I know he is a pretty good actor and from England so In my mind a cool Captain Britain

Meggan – Alyson Hannigan , This was because how naive and a little weird Meggan is reminded me of Willow in first few seasons of buffy. She has also been in "How I Met Your Mother" , 3 episodes of "Veronica Mars" and the "American pie" trilogy (not including the direct to dvd ones when I say that)

Nightcrawler – Crispin Glover (Back to the future) The reason for this is the guy who played him in the movies was so perfect that getting someone to be him would impossible so for my one I wanted an actor who could play a darker more surreal (that was what was wanted of the film) Nightcrawler different to what we had read or seen before.

The change would be explained by what happened to him during tie in game to X-III. Hopefully you'll get what I was going for here and I explained it well.

Shadowcat – Summer Glau ( "Firefly") She may or may not be a little too old for the part but she looks young enough and IMO is a pretty good actress which is most important thing. I think she could play kitty and would be intrested in seeing her do it. Also I would explain her been older by having this set after the X-men movies.

Lockheed – it's a dragon so cgi

Phoenix – Erin Cahill (Power rangers time force , "Free Ride" .) Damn this would be hard to explain her film wise. I would need a scene at the beginning explaining Jean had a baby in her that cut out when she died or something.

See I want this movie to fit in with the films of X-men so I limited my self to what I could do. This choice I needed I fairly unknown actress. She needed to be an ok actress (no not judging her acting on power rangers lol) and look like she could be the daughter of Famke Janssen and James Marsden. Erin Cahill was the only one who could pull it off to me anyway.

Young Phoenix for flash back near start showing who's child she is – Haley Ramm , She played young Jean on X-men III so having comeback as a younger version of Jeans daughter would be a great link up and further what I wanted.

I also chose Mojo as the villain. I would do him a mixture of cgi and live action e.g Gollum on LOTR. I would have Andy Serkis act out the scenes to get the cgi to look good like he did as Gollum and kong. However the voice would be done by Hugo Weaving.

Why Hugo Weaving? I like his voice as V and What I heard of Megatron. I want this film to have the same tone as previous X-men films so while having some sill bits it needs to have a serious tone to it.

And I added

Directors – Bryan Singer

Story writers – Bryan Singer and Steve Kloves

Those choices are for Bryan Singer to bring his X-men vision and Steve Kloves the fantasy elements e.g dragons. That he has on the Harry potter films.
Holy wow. I really like your entire cast.

Blubeast, yours as well is a good cast. Nice job guys.

Last edited:
Bluebeast's is really great except for Rachel McAdams. Otherwise, it's perfect, at least for the Excalibur team itself. I don't know the villains that well.

Bluebeast's is really great except for Rachel McAdams. Otherwise, it's perfect, at least for the Excalibur team itself. I don't know the villains that well.

Agreed and I'm not sure about Claire Danes either. I think of Shop Girl. Just get the girl who palyed Kitty in X3

Last edited:
One of the rules was that you can't choose people who already played that role.

So you know Marvelman, you can't have Alan Cummings as Nightcrawler or Famke Janssen as Phoenix.

Some of these are great indeed. I love Christopher Eccleston as Captain Britain. It's an inspired choice. Some great choices too for Meggan, particularly Alyson Hannigan and Liv Tyler. Alan Tudyk as Nightcrawler is definately my fave Nightcrawler at the moment. The villains also got some brilliant casting - John Goodman, Kathy Bates, Sean Connery, Michelle Pfeiffer, Mike Myers, and Patrick Stewart are all amazing choices.

I also loved that SSJMole bothered to case a young Phoenix for a flashback. Extra points for effort there I think!

Last edited:
Agreed. Unless someone does better which I don't see you got my vote Bluebeast

I liked all of your choices except for Crispin Glover as Nightcrawler. He just doesn't seem right. Allyson Hannigan is a great choice to play a fairy though.

So you know Marvelman, you can't have Alan Cummings as Nightcrawler or Famke Janssen as Phoenix.

Technically Famke Janssen would be allowed as this Phoenix is a diffrent charracter.

Some of these are great indeed. I love Christopher Eccleston as Captain Britain. It's an inspired choice. Some great choices too for Meggan, particularly Alyson Hannigan and Liv Tyler. Alan Tudyk as Nightcrawler is definately my fave Nightcrawler at the moment. The villains also got some brilliant casting - John Goodman, Kathy Bates, Sean Connery, Michelle Pfeiffer, Mike Myers, and Patrick Stewart are all amazing choices.

I also loved that SSJMole bothered to case a young Phoenix for a flashback. Extra points for effort there I think!

Thank you

I liked all of your choices except for Crispin Glover as Nightcrawler. He just doesn't seem right.

That's why. Like Marvelman said Alan Cumming IS nightcrawler so I decided make nightcrawler insane , darker a different person so someone else could play him well with out fear of been out shined by Alan Cumming's version.

but thank you for Allyson comment

Hands down, this has been the most challenging round, so far! Here's what I've got...

Heroes

captainbritain.jpg

Paul Bettany as Captain Britain. As I see it, the good Captain is both a tortured rogue (like Silas the monk in The DaVinci Code) as well as an arrogantly likeable English bastard (like the protagonist in Wimbledon), making this guy my ideal choice for Brian Braddock.

meggan.jpg

Audrey Tautou as Meggan. Yes, I realize that Tautou is French -- so sue me! I chose to reinvent Meggan's origins (which were pretty damn ambiguous, to begin with) to accomodate my unconventional choice of actress, while remaining fundamentally true to the character's original personality. Anybody who has seen both Amelie and A Very Long Engagement knows that Tautou exudes the mix of naivete, charm, playfulness, and magic needed to play Meggan. (And yes, she speaks English just fine, in case you didn't bother to watch the DaVinci Code movie.)

phoenix.jpg

Clea DuVall as Phoenix. Phoenix is fundamentally a combat-wounded vetetran from a possible-future dystopia, who's been given a second chance at a new life; in other words, she's a cosmic-powered version of Tank Girl on anti-depressants; a natural thrill-seeker dealing with heavy emotional baggage. IMHO, that makes Clea Duvall (Carnivale, Heroes, various indie movies) a shoo-in for the role.

nightcrawler.jpg

James McAvoy as Nightcrawler. Depending on your tastes and preferences, you know McAvoy as Mr. Tumnus the faun from the Narnia movie, or as Leto II in Children of Dune. He's also slated to play Wesley in the upcoming movie version of Mark Millar's Wanted (meaning he's got the basic athleticism necessary to play Nightcrawler). I chose him mainly on the strength of his perfomrance in under-rated coming-of-age film Starter For Ten, where he displayed precisely the kind of unrelenting joy de vivre that makes him an ideal choice to play the dashing, swashbuckling version of Nightcrawler.

shadowcat.jpg

Jena Malone as Kitty Pride. Cute? Check. 'Everygirl' quality? Check. Vaguely Jewish? Check. Malone has made a name for herself by playing the ordinary girl who gets caught up in weird circumstances largely beyond her control, in films like Donnie Darko, Dangerous Lives of Altar Boys, and Saved. I have no doubt that she'll bring Kitty to life perfectly.

Villains

gatecrasher.jpg

Dame Judi Dench as Gatecrasher. Look... if you're going to make a character as stupid-looking as Gatecrasher into a credible villainess, she needs to carry an air of commanding majesty, and a sense of legitimate threat. Dench (best known as spymaster M, in the 90s James Bond films) could bestow a sense of regal menace onto a character who could easily be dismissed as a kitschy buffoon. She (and her gang of technologically-enhanced yes men) are pursuing Phoenix through alternate realities. However, Gatecrasher is far too imperious and eogtistical to realize that she's being played by the REAL Big Bad of the Excalibur movie franchise...

courtneyross.jpg

Portia de Rossi as Courtney Ross/Sat-Yr-9. Here's the deal -- Ross is initially introduced as Brian Braddock's estranged former lover. In fact, she has been replaced by Sat-Yr-9, an alternate reality counterpart, who is the one really pulling the strings behind the events of the first movie. There are hints about it, throughout the film, but the big reveal about Ross' identity doesn't happen until the very end. For this role, I cast an actress who is not unfamiliar with playing duplicitous, manipulative *****es -- the able Portia de Rossi, of Arrested Development and Ally McBeal fame (who could most likely feign a convincing British accent for the part).

Last edited:

dammit. i guess i just suck at this dreamcasting thing... :(

also, im being incredibly facetious with my casting, but thanks for the compliments on the liv tyler and pat stewart choices... though they were completely jokes :?

Compounds list may have just beat bluebeasts...

Gods only know how im going to come up with a decent list.

Latest posts

Back