• ProjectX2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thor

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Wade_Wilson

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The way I see it - Excalibur are pretty lame. They don't have any awesome villains, and they're all pretty much heroes from other titles (mainly X-Men). So I see them as more humourous than they probably are. So using this logic, and my knowledge of British comedy, I have prepared this.

Actually, I'm just making this up as I go, but I thought about some of the choices.

Spaced was a parody of popculture. Shaun of the Dead was a parody of zombie movies. Hot Fuzz was a parody of action movies.

Excalibur will be a parody of superhero movies. Edgar Wright directs, with:

Simon Pegg playing Captain Britain. Just because it would be hilarious.

Ashley Jensen plays Meggan. She's played a Maggie, now she's playing a Meggan. Plus they're both blonde ditzes, so it will be good fun.

Christopher Eccleston as Nightcrawler. He was The Doctor when Simon Pegg was a villain, so it would be neat to have this dynamic back. Plus I see them arguing all the time.

No one will play Shadowcat. Mainly because I can't think of anyone in particular. Let's just say the plot of the film revolves around her phasing through a wall and getting stuck in the middle of it. Excalibur have to figure out how to get her out. Yeah. Let's do that.

Lockheed can be CGI.

Phoenix. Phoenix will be CGI, and will constantly be on fire. However, Nick Frost will provide the voice, just because it would be hilarious.

And now, for my villain... Mojo. And who else can play the ultimate villain but the ultimate human? David Bowie voices him, and is covered in a bodysuit and CGI.

And guest starring John Cleese as Merlin!

Also, Ricky Gervais fits in somewhere. Maybe he's Shadowcat. Or maybe he voices Lockheed. But he's in there somewhere.

Last edited:
This is by far the Hardest Casting we've had to do thusfar...

Im giving up for tonight... Hopefully i will get some ideas in my sleep.

I also chose Mojo as the villain. I would do him a mixture of cgi and live action e.g Gollum on LOTR. I would have Andy Serkis act out the scenes to get the cgi to look good like he did as Gollum and kong.

Now I can't stop thinking about Andy Serkis pretending to be a fat spineless man with spiderlegs.

Compound. I love you. You picked Jena Malone. and I have a huge thing for her. She's got that girl next door thing.

Judi Dench as Gatecrasher is superb.

As is Simon Pegg as Captain Britain. :lol: (Seriously, it's such a different film compared with him as Captain Britain! Love it!)

Ricky Gervais can be Tweedledum. :p

Last edited:
Compounds list may have just beat bluebeasts...
Wow! I'm honored because I REALLY like BlueBeast's picks, and I can openly say that I'd most likely vote for him, if this round ended, right now.

The only choice I feel iffy about from BB's cast is Michelle Pfieffer, partly because of her recent inactivity, but mostly because I have a difficult time imagining her as the lover of Jonathan Rhys Meyers (who is an AWESOME pick, as Captain Britain, by the way). Also, I'd worry about Connery attempting to hog the spotlight, although I do think he fits the role of Ahab quite nicely.

Otherwise, BB's choices are totally inspired! I actually had Bryce Dallas Howard in mind for Meggan, but opted not to repeat his selection, since I was genuinely torn between picking her and Audrey Tautou.

Of course, things are just getting warmed up, and we haven't even seen the promised dream-casts from DSF, VVD, and Baxter yet. So the competition might just get better.

Wow! I'm honored because I REALLY like BlueBeast's picks, and I can openly say that I'd most likely vote for him, if this round ended, right now.

The only choice I feel iffy about from BB's cast is Michelle Pfieffer, partly because of her recent inactivity, but mostly because I have a difficult time imagining her as the lover of Jonathan Rhys Meyers (who is an AWESOME pick, as Captain Britain, by the way). Also, I'd worry about Connery attempting to hog the spotlight, although I do think he fits the role of Ahab quite nicely.

Otherwise, BB's choices are totally inspired! I actually had Bryce Dallas Howard in mind for Meggan, but opted not to repeat his selection, since I was genuinely torn between picking her and Audrey Tautou.

Of course, things are just getting warmed up, and we haven't even seen the promised dream-casts from DSF, VVD, and Baxter yet. So the competition might just get better.

Paul Bettany as Captain Britain is acctually a really good choice. I thought he was the hardest character to pick because I wanted a really good Brititsh actor (even though Meyers is Irish) who could fit the part well. I think your choices are great. Any reason you didn't cast Mojo and Ahab?

Any reason you didn't cast Mojo and Ahab?
The proposal was for the first film in an intended franchise, with Gatecrasher as the primary villain and Sat-yr-9 hovering in the background as the secret puppet-mistress, as it were. She would be the main antagonist of the next two films, which would also introduce Mojo (in the sequel), and Ahab (in the third installment).

However, Bass' original mission statement implied that we were only casting the first movie:
The way I see it, as a bit of a shake up, I'm gonna give you four villains. You can pick and cast as many as you choose - but the idea is depending on who you pick, that determines the film's plot. See, if this is a franchise, the cast has to hold up to multiple films and what not. So I thought this could be fun. Cast all four for some kind of major doomsday thing, or one for one cool story. You just have to give a sentence or two on the type of plot the film would be with.

So I decided to keep things simple, for now, and stick with the most basic requirements.

Last edited:
The proposal was for the first film in an intended franchise, with Gatecrasher as the primary villain and Sat-yr-9 hovering in the background as the secret puppet-mistress, as it were. She would be the main antagonist of the next two films, which would also introduce Mojo (in the sequel), and Ahab (in the third installment).

However, Bass' original mission statement implied that we were only casting the first movie:

So I decided to keep things simple, for now, and stick with the most basic requirements.

I put all of the villains in because I thought they would each have a reason to attack the members of Excaliber. Gatecrasher would see Meggan as Alice from Alice in Wonderland. Sat-Yr-9 would go after Captain Britain to make him her own. Mojo would take Nightcrawler and Shadowcat on his hit show "Murderworld" where they would have to face their greatest fears, eg. Nightcrawler would fight Mystique, Stryker, the Sentinels. Shadowcat would have to confront Rogue and Iceman and would have the big face off against Colossus. I thought it would be kind of funny to have Shadowcat make a deal with Mojo to let them gso he could get better ratings. The big fight at the end would be Gatecrasher's army, Sat-Yr-9 and Ahab trying to capture the other people in Excaliber while Mojo would film the whole fight between them and get his greatest ratings ever.

Heheh. Shadowcat orchestrates the big fight to get out of Mojo's trap and hopefully end all their problems simultaneously. That's quite a "do or die" moment. I like it. :D

Well alright, I am going to try my hand at this game. I'd like to say that I have made all of the character a little older.

Captain Britian-Clive Owen (He is British, he is awesome, and he's a pretty good actor.)
owen.jpg

Meggan-Isla Fisher (She was the younger sister is Wedding Crashers, the won who married Vince Vaughan. I think she is cute and playful, and would work for the role of Meggan)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/13673975@N00/390325939

Nightcrawler-Alan Tudyk. (Honestly he is crazily similar to Nightcrawler and is a perfect choice. It sucks because I have to copy someone else's cast.)
Alan%20Tudyk.jpg

Kitty Pryde-Missy Peregrim (She plays Candice on Heroes right now, so I am sure some of you know who she is. She is definitely cute enough for the part and she can definitely play a younger part e.g. Stick it!.)
peregrym_missy.jpg

Phoenix-Bridget Moynahan( She played the brunette on Coyote Ugly and the doctor lady on I, Robot. She is definitely hot enough and she looks similar to Famke, so I am sure it could work.)
BridgetMoynahan1.jpg

Villains

For the villains I would like Mojo to be the main villain, mainly because the concept of his TV show is just awesome. Secondly I would have Ahab be one of his A-list hunters and he will be sicced upon the team later in the film. For Sat-Yr-9, I have no idea what she did in the comic so she could be a hunter who has an interaction with Captain Britian, or the person who has Mojo in her control.

Mojo-CGI but with Danny DeVito as a voice. (Danny DeVito with a slightly darker voice is pretty much what I hear when I see this character. He could definitely pull off the voice of a psychotic, TV host.)

Ahab-Michael Ironside (Many of you will know Ironside from his voice. He plays Sam Fisher in the Splinter Cell games and Darkseid on JLU. I think he would do a great job at the role, especially voice-wise.)

http://www.imdb.com/gallery/hh/0000...th=pgallery&path_key=Ironside, Michael&seq=12

Sat-Yr-9: Peta Wilson (She is basically a taller, thicker, and darker Amy Smart. This Sat-Yr-9 character seems to be a dominant woman and Peta Wilson definitely has that characteristic down. You probably know her from LXG as Mina Harker the vampire lady, but she definitely looks a lot better as a blonde. She's hot, dominant, and it she gets my pick.)

33954.jpg

Alright, that's my cast.

Last edited:
That's a ****ing great cast too! You're right - your Phoenix DOES look like Famke Janssen! Kudos Thor! :D

And Michael Ironside! Darkseid! Yarrr! :rockon:

Last edited:
My cast is a little late, as I kept forgetting (was too lazy to) post it.

DanielCraig.jpg

Daniel Craig as Captain Britain. Man, I have such a huge man-crush on this guy...and it shows in ALL of my castings. I always put him as something...but I actually think he'd be perfect here.

KimRaver.jpg

Kim Raver as Meggan. I really don't look much like this character, but she's a good actress and her role on 24 seems to fit the part. She seems to look like Meggan as well.

TonyJaa.jpg

Tony Jaa as Nightcrawler Yeah, he's not a great actor. He looks nothing like Nighcrawler and can barely speak English. Fix that with CG and a voiceover. If you've seen Ong Bak, you know why this guy's perfect for the roll. He is easily the best acrobat/martial artist/actor in film today. Watch This, and tell me he shouldn't be playing Nightcrawler. By the way, there were no wires or stunt-doubles used in that scene. It was just Tony Jaa showing off his acrobatic skill.

natalieportman.jpg

Natalie Portman as Shadowcat. Natalie has a history of playing loopy and confused Woman...like say...Kitty Pryde? She can play the "smart girl" well, also, and looks and seems like Kitty Pryde.

VeraFermiga.jpg

Vera Fermiga as Phoenix She's too old. Yeah, I get that. But that's what taking liberties in the script is for. There aren't enough young, actresses that I'd feel confident enough in to pull this off.

SamNeil.jpg

Sam Neil as Ahab. Ok, I'll admit that I changed this last minute once I saw Planet-man's post. I'm a dirty thief. Whatever...I don't care. This casting is very good, and much better than whatever crap I had down for Ahab.

Sam Neil and Daniel Craig are excellent ideas.

I am unsure - how and when does this competition wrap up? :?

Latest posts

Back