Dreamcasting # 12 - The Flash

Dr.Strangefate

He Sees You When You're Sleeping. He Knows When Yo
RULES

1) The winner of the last round becomes the moderator of the round, and thus gets to choose the property or story in question to be adapted. Winner may also declare whether this property is an animated film, or a live-action one. He must also name the core characters to be cast, which should be at least 4, but no more than 9.

2) You may not use actors who have played the role before in the same medium before. Voice talents may not reprise their role, nor can film ones.

3) After two weeks, the round is declared closed. People will vote via PM and send it to the moderator, who will count the votes and declare winner. Like the Ultimatization Game, you CANNOT vote for yourself.

4) The winner declared gets to choose the property in the next round.

-----

flash3-3.jpg

The Flash: Fastest Man Alive
Big Budget Summer Blockbuster

Wally West, The Flash III - The Former Kid Flash, who rose to replace his predecessor when

Barry Allen, The Flash II - Its the call of whomever's casting, but I assume Barry would primarily play a role during flashbacks.

Linda Park - Wally's Journalist Girlfriend

Pied Piper - Ex-Villain and close friend of both Wally and Linda's

Len Snart, Captain Cold - The leader of the Rogues since Barry was The Flash, has a freezing gun.

Evan McCulluch, Mirror Master - Scottish Hitman who can use Mirrors as portals

Digger Harkness, Captain Boomerang - A Marksman with an array of Boomerangs

Hunter Zolomon, Zoom - Zolomon trusted Wally to use Barry's Time Traveling Treadmill to go back in time, to save him from the loss of his legs. Wally refused and Hunter tried to use it himself, getting knocked out of synch with the natural timeline of the world.

Similar to the JSA, Flash is a story of legacy. It would be about Wally West starting his career as the Scarlet Speedster and taking over for his late uncle. The film would show Wally's love with Linda, falshbacks to training with Barry, and the coming battle between him and the Rogues of Barry and himself.

Wally West, The Flash III – Ryan Reynolds
blog_bradley_ryan.jpg

Ok, this one's kind of a cop-out. Everyone's screaming for Reynolds as Wally West and I honestly can't see anyone else playing him as well. I'm thinking of Smoking Aces Reynolds here, not VanWilder Reynolds. He has a snappy humor, energetic attitude and can even pull down the serious stuff when needed. Imagine the pissed off Reynolds from Smokin Aces and see him using that at super speed against one of the Rogues.

Barry Allen, The Flash II – Aaron Eckhart
aaron_eckhart.jpg

I see Barry being around 35 or so when training Wally. He's a good guy, a family man. And if there's anything Barry can do well, it's inspire Wally as a teenager. Watch Eckhart in Thank You For Smoking and watch how he interacts with his son. Even though Barry is shown as a shy quiet man, this is Wally's film, and as such the flashbacks will show how he interacts with his nephew.

Linda Park – Kelly Hu
KellyHu_Ausse_6259668_400.jpg

Linda Park has to be a knock-out, I mean she's dating tthe Flash for Pete's sake. As Wally's love interest, she has to deal with the pressures of living with a superhero and the biggest celebrety in the world. Hu can be sweet and kind to Wally and kiss his boo boos after he's been in a fight. But she definetly won't put up for his bull**** that Wally constantly spews.

Pied Piper – Paul Bettany
1334759128.jpg

Piper is the movie's sympathetic villain. He's deaf (In this version), gay and isn't really sure about his status as one of the Rogues. Emerging about twenty years old when Barry Allen was in his heyday, Bettany was beatdown pretty easily by the veteran hero. After a retirement and return due to nudging from Captain Cold, Piper still isn't sure about what to do. Now imagine Paul Bettany pulling together all of those conflicting feelings and emotions together as a Rogue.

Len Snart, Captain Cold – Kurtwood Smith
KurtwoodSm_Devan_5056023_400.jpg

Captain Cold is the blue collar criminal and leader of the Rogues. Seeing him as a family man with a wife and kids, Snart doesn't really enjoy murder and torture like some of his fellow Rogues. Cold leads the team with an iron fist though, and doesn't take **** off of any of the other Rogues. Loud Boisterous and sometimes mean, Kurtwood Smith can play the leader of the Rogues to a tee. People try and play up the cold aspect of Captian Cold but that's not what he's like, he's just a regular joe. Smith might seem too old to play the Rogue, but I think he would be about 15 years older than Barry and almost 40 years older than Wally. You could even show him as a kid watching Icicle fight the elder Green Lantern on TV, giving him inspiration for his identity. It would explain the motive and age aspects.

Evan McCulluch, Mirror Master – Clive Owen
clive%20o.jpg

Cold, merciless, a total badass. How else do you describe Mirror Master. The mercenary on the team, Mirror Master killed the original and stole his identity, earning him the emnity of Wally West. McCulluch has to be a total ******* for his character to work. Clive Owen is to a tee Mirror Master. Watch Sin City and try and denie his awesomeness. Now just imagine Linda in her bathroom to look up as Owen grabs her from the other side of the mirror.

Digger Harkness, Captain Boomerang – Hugo Weaving
HugoWeavin_Kambo_1107278_400.jpg

Like Mirror Master, Captain Boomerang is a douchebag. He's a womanizer, a murderor and a thief. He's the guy on the team you just have to hate. Aussie actor Hugo Weaving is fantastic at playing completely hatable characters (Agent Smith, Megatron). He's got the accent, the receding hairline and even is around the same age that Barry would have been. Give Weving some boomerang lessons and he's good to go.

Hunter Zolomon, Zoom – Bradley Cooper
BradleyCoo_Ausse_10495511_400.jpg

Nevermind Boomerang and Mirror Master, Zoom is the character you loathe. Former friend of Wally's, Zolomon becomes a cop for the Central (or Keystone) City police. After a mishap involving one of the Rogues, Hunter is left paralyzed. Since Wally refuses to use the Cosmic treadmill to give Hunter his legs back, he decides to do it himself. After it backfires and Zolomon is given superspeed, he dawns the costume of the man who killed Barry Allen, Zoom. If anyones seen Wedding Crashers, they know he can play a total ***. With his eccentric even sometimes insane rants, Cooper could be the true villain of the Flash film. Him and Reynolds even resemble each other so that helps.

Bonus: Jay Garrick, The Flash I- Martin Sheen
0000001938_20060919152544.jpg

It was posted earlier by DSF in the JSA round that Sheen should play the elder Flash. I think this would be a great choice and therefor I think that Sheen could show up in a flashback (no pun intended) with Barry and Wally, and at the funreal of Barry. I also think it would be touching to see him running in to help Wally at the last second against the Rogues. Good pick DSF!

Dr. Michael Amar, Murmur- Crispin Glover
glover_crispin2

I felt there weren't enough creepy serial killers on the Rogues so I added Murmur to the list. None of the Rogues like him and frankley he scares them ****less. He could join in on the attack of Linda Park with Mirror Master, adding suspense to the fight with the Rogues. Crispin Glover is freaky as hell when played right. I think he'd be much more appropriate here than as the Joker.

Wow. That was tiring.

There are some awesome choices in there.

There are some awesome choices in there.

Pied Piper and Wally were the hardest by far. I didn't want to pick Reynolds because he was kind of the obvious choice so I buckeled and picked him anyway. I picked Bettany because he's just amazing.

Last edited:
Wally West, The Flash III – Ewan McGregor – My first choice was Chris Evans but I figured he's human torch that logically if this was a movie that would be problem. Then my mind whent straight for Ewan McGregor , He has the look. He is a great actor , Could play the role well.

Barry Allen, The Flash II – Jensen Ackles – Not a fan of the actor that much but I think he could make a good Barry Allen which is all that really matters in this film. I may not like him but can see his acting is good and right for role.

Linda Park -Sandra Oh – Ok I've seen her in very few things but I think it's a pretty good choice to play Linda.

Pied Piper – James Marsters – This was mainly for him playing Spike so in flash backs we can see him as villain and acept it as he can play the villain but he can also play the good guy which is important.

Len Snart, Captain Cold -Michael Boatman , I liked him in Spin city and his quest spot on scrubs. I personally would be very interested to see how he does a villain in a movie like this so I picked him.

Evan McCulluch, Mirror Master -Kevin McKidd , He's Scottish and even if I'm not a big fan of Trainspotting , He was very good in it. Don't know the character all I know is the character is Scottish so this was my first choice.

Digger Harkness – Cuba Gooding Jr. – Another choice based on the fact I think he's great actor and want to see him in a good movie not something like Daddy Day Camp. I've not seen him as the bad guy much so that could be a good thing to see

Hunter Zolomon, Zoom – Ryan Phillippe – This is because I may be wrong but reading on it it sounds like Zoom is close to flash but made wrong decisions like he went left and the flash went right. So I needed a good actor who looked the same age as my flash and could turn. I just think this is a pretty damn good choice

Director - Bryan Singer - I may hate Superman returns but I love what he did with X-men , This has some very cartoony , cheesy charracters so I want someone who ground them in to a realistic setting

Story - David S. Goyer - He helped make Batman begins similar to comics but more realistic which is important to help new fans out

Mole I can understand that you picked the villains because they were greatm actors but you don't really give an explanation of why they're right for it. If you're going to turn two of the characters black then maybe give an explanation of the change. Ewan McGregor would be an alright Wally but I don't see the reasoning behind making him older than the guy who plays Barry. I could understand you choices better if you gave more than they're good actors. The only one I really see working would be your Zoom, but I think Phillipe is way too nice to be him. He was kind of the only one you described though.

Last edited:
Phillipe is damn good at playing total asses, see Igby Goes Down for an example.

Honestly though, he'd be a good choice for Wally, not so much Hunter...

Cuba Gooding Jr. as Captain Boomerang???

Seriously?!

You don't like?

Mole I can understand that you picked the villains because they were greatm actors but you don't really give an explanation of why they're right for it. If you're going to turn two of the characters black then maybe give an explanation of the change.

I didn't turn them black , They were black on justice league and Boomerang was black in identity Crisis. So I went with it.

Ewan McGregor would be an alright Wally but I don't see the reasoning behind making him older than the guy who plays Barry.
Why should age matter if one if for flashbacks? I picked who I thought could do the role well

I could understand you choices better if you gave more than they're good actors. The only one I really see working would be your Zoom, but I think Phillipe is way too nice to be him. He was kind of the only one you described though.

Have you seen him in movies like Cruel Intentions? He can play a dick and a nice guy.

My choices are based on reading up on any I wasn't sure about and just felt they were right the role. Shouldn't need too much explaining.

Might be a crap list but I like it.

I didn't turn them black , They were black on justice league and Boomerang was black in identity Crisis. So I went with it.

Captain Cold and Captain Boomerang have never been played as Black... Especially in Identity Crisis...

Here is a picture of Digger from IC -
Boomerang.PNG

(Mole is totally skrulling it up)

You don't like?

Captain Cold and Boomerang have never been black. They only showed up once on Justice League and Cold was a middle aged white guy and Boomerang was a cheezy Australian guy. I don't even see him looking remotely black in Identity Crisis.

Why should age matter if one if for flashbacks? I picked who I thought could do the role well

I understand that, I just think he's a little too young for any version of Barry. It would make him too close in age to Kid Flash.

Have you seen him in movies like Cruel Intentions? He can play a dick and a nice guy.

He was the choie I liked. I forgot about Cruel Intentions so you're right there. I do agree with DSF though that he would be a better Wally.

My choices are based on reading up on any I wasn't sure about and just felt they were right the role. Shouldn't need too much explaining.

Might be a crap list but I like it.

I never said it was a crap list. You just didn't give enough explanation on the characters for me to understand why you picked them.

Captain Cold and Captain Boomerang have never been played as Black... Especially in Identity Crisis...

Here is a picture of Digger from IC -
Boomerang.PNG

(Mole is totally skrulling it up)

See that picture looks black to me

as did

I may of been wrong then but they looked black but I'm keeping my choices. Worked for daredevil's kingpin could work for my list

I never said it was a crap list. You just didn't give enough explanation on the characters for me to understand why you picked them.

I know , I don't the charracters that well just read up on them. I'm not a big flash fan besides tv show , I just wanted to do a list for this one as I skipped last one.

I know you didn't say it was crap but I know my list will crap when I don't know the charracters

as for Ryan Phillippe better as the flash Ironically that never even came to me untill I was picking Zoom and wanted some one who could play the flash as Zoom to keep them similar.

Last edited:
See that picture looks black to me

as did

I may of been wrong then but they looked black but I'm keeping my choices. Worked for daredevil's kingpin could work for my list

I don't see it but go ahead it's your list and I'm not going to insult your opinions. (Even though I never did really)

:shock:

Just getting into the swing of it and then took a brief look at the other entries... and Bluebeast has totally stolen Ewan McGregor from me.

Now I have to start all over again... :x

:shock: Not a single one of those pictures even REMOTELY looks black.

they do in comparison to say

might just be a tan but skin is darker so I thought black

I don't see it but go ahead it's your list and I'm not going to insult your opinions. (Even though I never did really)

Didn't say you did insult them , It's cool dude I prefer it when someone says "Wait that wouldn't work because ..." as you did , so if there is another flash one I can learn from it

Latest posts

Back