Dreamcasting # 16 - Further Entries in the Batman Begins Franchise

You know what else could be a fun round?

I know we all dig Nolan's universe, but an interesting DreamMovie might be to pitch and cast and pitch a new reinterpretation of the franchise, distinct in style and tone from Nolan's films.

That could be interesting, but I still think we should stay within the bounds of the Nolanverse while we are all still charged from seeing The Dark Knight.

You know what else could be a fun round?

I know we all dig Nolan's universe, but an interesting DreamMovie might be to pitch and cast and pitch a new reinterpretation of the franchise, distinct in style and tone from Nolan's films.

I'd much rather have everyone cast and pitch the next movie. Without any restrictions as to new characters that are introduced.

That could be interesting, but I still think we should stay within the bounds of the Nolanverse while we are all still charged from seeing The Dark Knight.

Don't get me wrong. The Nolan sequel's first priority. I already have most of my villains picked and explained.

Last edited:
Basically we can center it around re-casting The Joker, and we can all structure our own Third movie in the BatNolan franchise.

I wouldn't re-cast or even re-use the Joker. But if I DID have to do such...I'd use

Jospeh Gordon-Levitt

Not only is a he a great method actor....but he kinda looks like a bit like Ledger. Add some heavy scarring and some make-up and you're set.

Also.....I REEEAAAALLY love my cast. And I want a third movie centering around the return of Ras w/ his daughter Talia.

If it was any other franchise I wouldn't want a repeat round in dreammovie, but TDK is so damn good and the nolanverse is like the early UU Plus Awesome

I wouldn't re-cast or even re-use the Joker. But if I DID have to do such...I'd use

Jospeh Gordon-Levitt

Not only is a he a great method actor....but he kinda looks like a bit like Ledger. Add some heavy scarring and some make-up and you're set.

Here is me pointing that out in January. Just so nobody thinks that I am stealing this idea when the round begins.

What if everyone casts Javier Bardem as Bane and Joseph Gordon-Levitt as The Joker?

I personally don't like the idea of JGL as the Joker, but still.

then, since this is a DreamMOVIE round, we will have to vote on the quality of the story.

Personally, Bane isn't going to be in my Batman movie.

What if everyone casts Javier Bardem as Bane and Joseph Gordon-Levitt as The Joker?

After I see TDK on Saturday I won't be using Joker or Bane. Why? Because I want to use my favourite batman villain Poison Ivy. I see me combining what I had with the ideas of how she could work from IGN's list.

I'll possibly do Harley Quinn too but Poison Ivy will be my main villain.

I've been toying with the idea of Bane, Riddler and Black Mask and possibly having Batman locked up with the villains he's captured in Arkham. Kind of mix Knightfall, Arkham Asylum and a little bit of Hush.

Everyone casting Javier Bardem as Bane... surely that means I have to win the round by default since it was my idea?

Everyone casting Javier Bardem as Bane... surely that means I have to win the round by default since it was my idea?
I believe you are mistaken.

Stop forcing us to believe your revisionist histories. I came up with Bardem as Bane, and the Nazis didn't win World War II, so get over it.

I believe you are mistaken.

Stop forcing us to believe your revisionist histories. I came up with Bardem as Bane, and the Nazis didn't win World War II, so get over it.

Ahem.

In 2007.

I think that was actually the notion's first mention on the site.

I'm reading these posts in my head to the voice of Comic Book Guy from the Simpsons. It seems appropriate.

Everyone on IMDB talks about how they want Bardem as Bane too.

Latest posts

Back