Dreamcasting # 16 - Further Entries in the Batman Begins Franchise

Comic book fans should make T-shirts that say, "Everything I learned about Batman I learned from Batman: The Animated Series".

DC writers on the other hand, should be mandated to wear "What Would Bruce Timm Do" wristbands.

I'm certain this is both an insult and compliment. I don't know whether to sling hurtful racial epiteths your way.....or bask in the radiant glow of your approval.

Sigh....

I love Adrien Brody, and not because of his Academy Award-winning performance in The Pianist, which I've never seen, but because of his characters in largely unheralded pictures like The Jacket and Hollywoodland.

I like how he has this beaten old puppy dog look which plays to the whole "I'm a sad sack who wants to be a player" that he does in the latter, and benefits his down-trodden likability in the former. Those are the aspects that serve any Batman villain well, but particularly The Riddler... who has to be devious yet patently insecure.

I'm so glad you get my casting choice. And his roles in both The Jacket and Hollywoodland are 2 of my fav roles for him.

But that holds true for a lot of actors. I'll tend to love their smaller, unacclaimed works.....and then feel meh about their bigger budget, high profile gigs.

I'm certain this is both an insult and compliment. I don't know whether to sling hurtful racial epiteths your way.....or bask in the radiant glow of your approval.
It's a compliment, to the extent that everyone in the universe who don't know their Batman should follow your example. And anyone who DOES know their Batman? Still a requirement to wear those shirts and wristbands.

Victor Von Doom said:
I'm so glad you get my casting choice. And his roles in both The Jacket and Hollywoodland are 2 of my fav roles for him.

But that holds true for a lot of actors. I'll tend to love their smaller, unacclaimed works.....and then feel meh about their bigger budget, high profile gigs.
I don't mind their big budget high profile roles, but they should be used to further understand everything else in their body of work.

An actor can't just be defined by one role, you have to analyze their schtick and look at how it's played out in various ways to varying effects with various tones to really understand how to use them.

This is why people should stop thinking, "Oh there's that quirky actor, that tough actor, that hard-nailed actress, that angelic beauty..." and start breaking down the elements that make up those VERY GENERAL archetypes.

I mean, obviously, Steve Buscemi has taught us in films liek Living In Oblivion and Ghost World that he's not just the smarmy motormouth... but he still plays to good effect in larger pictures like The Island.

In the opposite direction, actors like say, James Gandolfini, should have their most prominent defining gigs like his role in Sopranos be understood as a culmination all their previous character work.

Last edited:
I have no clue. I'm sure if you've already made your coting decision, you can just send DSF your vote now and he'll tally it up with all the others when its time.

I do it quite often.

I'm just excited to get dreamcasting again. I've already worked out like 3 projects for this and the adaptations version.

I've not i was tempted to to start on it but I figure nah I'll wait till it's picked the only one I do have is David Boreanaz as Batman BUT that's only because I always say he should play batman

Mole... I want to slap you really hard right now. Not punch... because I don't punch Nancies... but slap.

I suppose that the round is OVER!

Send in your votes, and I will announce the winner around this time tomorrow!!

You people suck.

What part of "round ends Friday....you vote Saturday...winner announced Sunday" did you not understand.

Now I gotta wait a whole other day to start dreamcasting.

Ourchair already knows of my project choice for the next round, should I win. He wholeheartedly approves and is excited. Don't disappoint Ourchair.

Jeez someone vote already, I'm ready for next round. And I say we shorten it to 7-10 days, no waiting.

You people suck.

What part of "round ends Friday....you vote Saturday...winner announced Sunday" did you not understand.

Now I gotta wait a whole other day to start dreamcasting.

Ourchair already knows of my project choice for the next round, should I win. He wholeheartedly approves and is excited. Don't disappoint Ourchair.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Do the right thing!

It's for the good of your children... especially the sexay prepubescent ones.

I know if I ever win again, the comic I choose will please ourchair, moonmaster, TOG, compound, Baxter and meself.

vote for me.
image558769x.jpg

I would vote, but I don't particularly enjoy anyone's cast overall. I like bits and pieces from each one.

Doom is the winner with two whole votes! out of six!

Seriously, if you entered in the round, you should ****ing vote people...

*stabs the universe*

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back