Dreamcasting #23 - The Immortal Iron Fist (Round ends 12-22)

thee great one

Master of TOG-fu.
THE RULES------------------------

1) The winner of the last round becomes the moderator of the round, and thus gets to choose the property or story in question to be adapted. Winner may also declare whether this property is an animated film, or a live-action one. He must also name the core characters to be cast, which should be at least 4, but no more than 9.

2) You may not use actors who have played the role before in the same medium before. Voice talents may not reprise their role, nor can film ones.

3) After ten days, the round is declared closed. People will vote via PM and send it to the moderator, who will count the votes and declare winner. Like the Ultimatization Game, you CANNOT vote for yourself.

4) The winner declared gets to choose the property in the next round.

THE IMMORTAL IRON FIST

CAST

IronFist-1.jpg

Danny Rand, The Current Iron Fist

Randall.jpg

Orson Randall, WWII era Iron Fist

Wu-Ao-Shi.jpg

Wu Ao-Shi, 1500's Pirate Iron Fist

LukeCage.jpg

Luke Cage

MistyKnight.png

Misty Knight

ColleenWing.jpg

Colleen Wing

SteelSerpent.jpg

Davos, The Steel Serpent

OPTIONAL

ImmortalWeapons.jpg

The Other Immortal Weapons

Fat Cobra

The Bride Of Nine Spiders

Dog Brother #1

Tiger's Beautiful Daughter

Last edited:
Awesome!

The visuals are exciting enough, got any good resources or character bio links for us? :D

THE IMMORTAL IRON FIST​

Danny Rand, The Current Iron Fist – Jason David Frank – I wanted Ray Park but I know he is meant to play him in an up coming film. So I wanted an actor who knew martial arts but was relatively unknown , Yes he was a power ranger so this choice will have cost me round but seeing him in that and the fall guy movie I think he can be a good actor and fits Danny Rand I feel so I stick by this choice

Orson Randall, WWII era Iron Fist – Jet Li – I think his name could help to sell the film and I see the WWII thing as an introduction BUT if treated like a small movie e.g A credible Iron Fist it would help make the film so much better.

Wu Ao-Shi, 1500's Pirate Iron Fist – Ziyi Zhang – I really like this actress and although I know nothing about the character besides a few little details , I believe she can play her well

Luke Cage – Leonard Roberts – He is more than capable of playing the tough guy that is Luke Cage , I didn't even need to second guess this choice , hopefully I'm right.

Misty Knight – Beyoncé Knowles – I really can't explain this choice , it just came to me based on her in Austin powers , I really can't say if this is a good choice or really bad one

Colleen Wing – Lucy Liu – The character from what I read is much like Alex from Charlies Angels , who was played by Lucy Liu so I thought this was perfect.

Davos, The Steel Serpent – Ken Watanabe – I really really like him as the bad guy. think for this character he could work out as a good choice

The Bride Of Nine Spiders Kelly Hu – This choice is based on her as death strike in X-men , I looked at the character and this is just who popped to mind

YES!

Not just YES. But YESS with the double S to emphasize the yessiness of this round!

TGO, or TOG, or whatever acronym you choose... thank you for this round. Now, I'm going to prepare my cast and own everyone.

I will have to agree with Willverine here.

Also......I think I'm gonna have to get new darker blinds/curtains. How else would TOG know that I was heavily eyeing Iron Fist because it was the only way for me to work in a Misty Knight/Colleen Wing dreamcast?

And for the record....before anyone calls it....

Kerry Washington as Misty Knight.

what does everyone think of my cast? I've not read the iron fist comics but thought I would try anyway

i've been waiting for this for a long time

i'll post mine eventually

Mole yours is okay, but Jet Li as Orson makes no sense, and Beyonce being Misty screams "Foxxy Cleopatra"

Danny Rand, The Current Iron Fist
Paul Walker:
249153.jpg

hear me out, outside the Kung Fu skills, Danny is a very light hearted character, think Spidey meets Sleven Kelevera (Lucky Number Sleven), and i can't think of many actors who meet the physical description and can pull of the light heartedness, Walker wouldn't be my ideal choice but i couldn't find anyone else, teach this guy some Kung Fu and have major fight scenes done by a stunt double in costume (Ray Park)

Orson Randall, WWII era Iron Fist
Bruce Willis:
039_15135~Bruce-Willis-Posters.jpg

read IIF and then try and argue this

Wu Ao-Shi, 1500's Pirate Iron Fist
Fan Wong:
fann_wong2.jpg

Jackie Chan's sister from Shanghai Knights, she fits the bill

Luke Cage
Lynn Williams:
150px-Jax_movie2.jpg

Jax from Mortal Kombat Annihilation, i really think he could pull this off, he's got the physique and attitude for the part

Misty Knight
Tracie Thoms:
0000034870_20061021022917.jpg

from Grindhouse's Deathproof, there is no better choice

Colleen Wing
devon-aoki-picture-1.jpg

Devon Aoki: from Sin City, another perfect choice in my opinion

Davos, The Steel Serpent
JetLiBeckons.jpg

Jet Li: if he fought more like he did in Unleashed and emphasize the brutality, and teach him to be a little bit more of a loud mouth he would be great for this part
i've never done this before can i update my list with the additional's later? would it be a problem if i were to cast Lei Keng, Yu-Ti, Jeryn Hogarth, etc?

Last edited:
Oh ****! I have to do this now, there's no way out of it. Good choice TOG!

what does everyone think of my cast? I've not read the iron fist comics but thought I would try anyway

Ken Watanabe was an excellent choice, not too keen on the others though.

Additional Castings:

Dog Soldier #1:
warrior.jpg

Antonio Banderes: if you've seen "13th Warrior" you might see why i picked him

Bride of Nine Spiders
chiaki_kuriyama.gif

Chiaki Kuriyama: Gogo Yaburi from Kill Bill, i think she could play this perfectly

Fat Cobra
peter-navy.jpg

Peter Navy Tuiasosopo: hey he played E. Honda

Tiger's Beautiful Daughter
zhangziyi11.jpg

Ziyi Zhang: had to swipe her from mole, she's perfect for this part

Last edited:
Awesome!

The visuals are exciting enough, got any good resources or character bio links for us? :D

I add some links, my bad.

I was going to do a straight up Heroes for Hire. Using some characters from the Daughters Of The Dragon, Purple Man, and some from this. But I decided just to keep this one.

Gemini, I can see Walker. Willis is brillant. Your Immortal Weapons are top notch. No to Cage and Colleen. I was thinking the same for Misty. Jet Li could be awesome.

Mole, You have the exact choice I'm doing for the old Iron Fist chick. I don't like the rest. Especially Beyonce. Ken is a great choice but overused.

Mole, You have the exact choice I'm doing for the old Iron Fist chick. I don't like the rest. Especially Beyonce. Ken is a great choice but overused.

Ken Watanabe ironically was a last minute choice , Originally I had Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa (Shang Tsung from mortal kombat) Until I realised how old Cary looked now.

Ken Watanabe ironically was a last minute choice , Originally I had Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa (Shang Tsung from mortal kombat) Until I realised how old Cary looked now.

i'd use Cary for Yu-Ti the August Personage in Jade

Dibs!

and dibs on Chow Yun Fat for Lei Keng the Thunderer aswell

Gemini, I can see Walker. Willis is brillant. Your Immortal Weapons are top notch. No to Cage and Colleen. I was thinking the same for Misty. Jet Li could be awesome.

thanks, i had a real hard time thinking of one for Luke i'm not exactly thrilled with my choice either, i just wanted someone who looks like he could run through a wall, and deliver the overall character well enough, i was thinking of going with a football player but then this guy kinda hit me and i went with it, Misty was another hard choice, i can only pick so many asian chicks without using lucy liu and i didn't want to use lucy liu

Mole yours is okay, but Jet Li as Orson makes no sense, and Beyonce being Misty screams "Foxxy Cleopatra"

Foxxy Cleopatra = Bad?

Also what's wrong with Jet Li as Orson?

because he's an old angry white guy.

And that is part of his character.
I would opt to rewrite the character.

Hell, I wouldn't mind a white Orson Randall being the first Iron Fist, and an Asian Danny Rand as the modern Iron Fist, in a reversal of the traditional "Asian bad-*** teaches white guy how to fight" making it "Sagely kung-fu white man teaches Asian how to be bad ***."

Latest posts

Back