---

• GO TO

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • THE TIEBREAKER THREAD

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Legend of Zelda

Link & Zelda: No idea right now. I'd say get two unknowns but I'll probably think of somebody between here and until the end of the round. I say go with the strategy of putting two no names in the leads and have huge stars supporting them. So there.

Ganondorf: Rufus Sewell
kt_CT5788.jpg

This guy is evil with a capital E. I know Ganondorf is supposed to be Middle Eastern or something. He'd be perfect as the big bad guy of the film.

Darunia: Michael Ironside
06-11-06_MichaelIronside_01.jpg

It's all in the voice for this character. Ironside's got a more dominating voice than most actors and he can play the grizzeled leader of the Gorons great.

Impa: Angelina Jolie
angelina-jolie-wallpapers2.jpg

She's got the face, the lips, the body. She has a kind of tough *** attitude that Impa has about her. Yah she'll do just fine.

Dampé the Gravekeeper: Donald Sutherland
250px-Donald-Sutherland.jpg

Sutherland can play the cookie characters (watch Beerfest). Dampe's gonna come off as a nut to everyone else, but when Link meets him, he realizes he's a genius.

Ruto: Isla Fisher
isla-fisher-picture-6.jpg

So Link has a stalker fish-girl come after him, great. Watch Fisher in Wedding Crashers, you'll get it.

I liked all of Mole's except for Roberts. I think Link and Zelda should be unknowns, and ROberts is a little too bubbly.

I don't think being a known is a problem, just Roberts herself. She just doesn't seem to have...."it" for being Zelda.

That was my reasoning. There are probably several people that are known that could play Link or Zelda.

I may try and participate in this round.

This will be my first time.

Hmmm....I'm gonna do a cast....but I haven't played a Zelda game since the original NES trilogy.

That said, I think I've devised a cast that captures the essence of the characters.

The Legend of Zelda

Link: ???

?

I feel like there's no way to cast a name actor in the role of Link. It's like casting the video game equivalent of Superman. Link is the courageous, silent warrior, gifted and selfless. I can't think of a 15-20 year old actor who could pull off what's required of the kid who plays Link. So, I say go for an unknown.

Princess Zelda: Keisha Castle-Hughes

94346__keisha_l.jpg

Another very, very difficult role to cast. Zelda, like Link, is not your average teenager. She's strong-willed and wise beyond her years. Again, the average teen actress isn't really suited to a role like this. When racking my brain for serious young actresses, the first name that popped into my head was Keisha Castle-Hughes. She's a 17-year-old actress that chooses her roles carefully, and is the youngest Academy Award nominee ever (For Whale Rider). Though, I don't think she's perfect (They might be better off with an unknown), she's certainly one of the more competent actresses her age.

Ganondorf: Malcolm McDowell

heroes-mcdowell.jpg

A choice based more on acting than physical appearance. Everyone knows by now that Malcolm McDowell is just excellent at playing villains (To the point where they seem to be the only characters he plays). He knows how to be sinister and just strikes me as the perfect choice for the badass dark sorcerer side of Ganondorf. Of course, he's not the most physically imposing choice, but I feel that he'd make up for it by being psychologically imposing (The costuming and whatnot would also add a lot to his appearance). Plus, I imagine he's not too old for a fight scene or two with Link, which wouldn't happen until the very end of the film anyway.

Biggoron: Brendan Gleeson

Gleeson_SW018628_150x200.jpg

I sat down and thought of everything I know about the Gorons, and then I strained as hard as I could to imagine what one would sound like if it opened its mouth and Brendan Gleeson's voice came out. You might remember him from 28 Days Later or as Mad-Eye Moody in the Harry Potter films. Everyone seems to be basing their choice for this role on toughness, but remember that the Gorons are peaceful and quite light-hearted. I think that Gleeson's voice could capture this perfectly.

Impa: Tilda Swinton

18464263.jpg

Another seemingly unlikely choice. Impa is both a warrior and a mother figure, and though there are plenty of actresses who would fit this role, I wanted to go with someone a little unexpected. I think that Tilda Swinton could pull it off. Though it may seem odd, I can kind of see some of those mother/warrior traits in her character in The Chronicles of Narnia, all be it wrapped around a crazy/evil core. But I think it's there. Also, Impa is supposed to be a passer of ancient knowledge, the person who taught Zelda everything she knows. Swinton's more ethereal qualities just signify to me that she'd work well with that part of the role.

Dampé the Gravekeeper: Michael Caine

michael-caine.jpg

And finally, Michael Caine as Dampé the Gravekeeper. As a kind of mentor figure to Link, Dampé would logically be played by one of Hollywood's roster of venerable old actors. However, Dampé has a somewhat "kooky" side as I understand it, and I think Michael Caine has the sense of humor to pull off both aspects of the character.

And there you have it, my first Dreamcast.

Please be gentle. :(

I actually read like that cast except for Keisha Castle-Hughes (who I despise anyway). Good job.

Another very, very difficult role to cast. Zelda, like Link, is not your average teenager. She's strong-willed and wise beyond her years. Again, the average teen actress isn't really suited to a role like this. When racking my brain for serious young actresses, the first name that popped into my head was Keisha Castle-Hughes. She's a 17-year-old actress that chooses her roles carefully, and is the youngest Academy Award nominee ever (For Whale Rider). Though, I don't think she's perfect (They might be better off with an unknown), she's certainly one of the more competent actresses her age.

And yet she decided to get knocked up at age 16. Smart move, Keisha!

Latest posts

Back