Dreamcasting: Adaptations #7 - The Venture Bros.

Victor Von Doom

Fist of teh Internets.
Rules To Live By:

1) The winner of the last round becomes the moderator of the round, and thus gets to choose the property or story in question to be adapted. Winner may also declare whether this property is an animated film, or a live-action one. He must also name the core characters to be cast, which should be at least 4, but no more than 9.

2) Participants may not use actors who have played the role before in the same medium before. Voice talents may not reprise their role, nor can film/TV ones.

3) After the time period set by the moderator, the round is declared closed. People will vote via PM and send it to the moderator, who will count the votes and declare winner. Like the Ultimatization Game, you CANNOT vote for yourself.

4) The winner declared gets to choose the property in the next round.

General Idea:
Say the writers of this genius show were gonna do a movie.....but the only stipulation is that it's gotta be live action.....but the upside is that they have a VERY large budget.

The Cast:
You can actually use any villain(s) or supporting cast members you want. So long as you have the following people cast...

Dr.Thaddeus S. "Rusty" Venture - Super scientist with delusions of granduer

Henry Allen "Hank" Venture - the blonde idiot son

Dean Venture - The brown haired twit of a son

Brock Samson - The kill happy bodyguard who loves Zep and mullets.

The Monarch - archnemesis of Dr.Venture........who happens to dress like a butterfly.

Dr.Girlfriend - sexy assistant/girlfriend to The Monarch......who may or may not have a bigger sack than me.

For a full list of other characters you can use....check it here!

GO TEAM VENTURE!

I'll be skipping this one , I hadn't even heard of this till now and have no idea how to do it.

You need to see it. Your life will be poorer without it.

I might watch it , depends if it's shown over here (might be , we are getting adult swim here now , though I only liked robot chicken of the ones i had seen)

You can find a bunch of clips on Youtube. Hell---the Venture Bros thread here on the UC has the henchmen singing clip.

I'll put up the rest of the cast with pictures when I'm ready.

Dr. Thaddeus "Rusty" Venture - John Malkovich
I'll explain my reasoning in Monarch's description.
john-malkovich02.jpg

Hank Venture - Michael Cera
They sound alike, they look around the same age, they're both blonde....
georgemichaelbluth-maebytonight.png

Dean Venture - ????
I guess just cast an unknown....

Brock Samson - The Rock
Warburton is ****ing perfect for Brock. Ron Perlman is the next best thing. However, since I can't use either, I'm going to have to go for the Rock.

The Monarch - John Malkovich
Malkovich is the only person I can see playing Monarch. I also saw him as Rusty, and couldn't think of anyone else to play either. In the show, I always saw Rusty and the Monarch as being alike in a lot of ways, like a Charles Xavier and Magneto kind of thing. So I thought, **** it, why not just use an Austin Powers/Dr. Evil angle to it. Rusty and Monarch wouldn't even be in a lot of the same scenes in my movie anyway.

Dr. Girlfriend - Carla Gugino
Just add in some guy's voice.
guginocarla.png

Dr. Jonas Venture JR. - ????

Dr. Orpheus - Larry David
I originally had Jeffrey Tambor in mind for the role (ha), but decided on the Curb Your Enthusiasm star instead. He doesn't really fit, but I don't really care.

Triana Orpheus - ????
An unknown.

Jefferson Twilight - Richard Roundtree
Shaft slaying blaculas. 'Nuff said.
Rou1262.gif

Molotov Cocktease - Milla Jovovich
There's really no need for explanation here.
199930790_ca28931a5e.jpg

#21 - Dan Fogler
Dan Fogler is perfect. Overweight and nerdy (he's in Fanboys, isn't he?). Plus, he sounds like #21. He's in Balls of Fury (in case you didn't know).

#24 - Neil Flynn
I dunno, I always picture Norm MacDonald as #24, but he's too old. Flynn kind of looks like 24.

Master Billy Quizboy - Rainn Wilson
He's the only guy I can think of. Geeky, average guy. I can't think of anybody for Pete White though (except for friggin' Seinfeld).
dwight2.jpg

Phantom Limb - David Bowie
I know Bowie is on the show, not played by him, but casting Bowie as Bowie in the film would be kind of unfair. The character of Bowie would not be in my film. The real Bowie, however, would play Phantom Limb.

Myra Brandish - Molly Ringwald
I originally thought Cameron Diaz, but Molly seems more like Myra now that she's older (she got old fast).

Dr. Jonas Venture - Charlton Heston
There's a VERY large budget, huh? Well, one of the creators of Venture Bros. said that Jonas Junior's vocal patterns were patterned after Heston's. So I cast Heston as Jonas Senior.
_40139910_heston_rifle_ap.jpg

Baron Underbheit - Arnold Schwarzenegger
Yeah. Just a cameo (who else could play him?!?!?!).

Last edited:
I'm not sure if I'll be able to do this one. Something tells me that Team Venture works better as animation and that no live-action cast could accurately capture the characters.

But I must say that Michael Cera as Hank is pretty damn good.

320x240.jpg

Dr.Thaddeus S. "Rusty" Venture - Robert Picardo
I felt he would be pretty good, has a voice that can have that whiny guy with illusions of grandeur

SeannWilli_Wargo_10366495_400.jpg

Henry Allen "Hank" Venture - Seann William Scott
I can just picture him saying the lines that Hank would say.

medium_Transformers%20-%20Shia%20LaBeouf%202-2fzwh6lk.jpg

Dean Venture - Shia Lebeauf
This was the second toughest for me, but Shia has the skill and charisma to pull this off

RonPerlman_Pimen_10335714_400.jpg

Brock Samson - Ron Perlamn
Duh.

jim1-80.jpg

The Monarch - Jim Carrey
The toughest for sure, Not too excited about this one, but picturing Jim Carrey in a butterfly suit makes me chuckle.

060117_swank_vmed_2p.widec.jpg

Dr.Girlfriend - Hilary Swank
She played a transexual once, why not again? Type cast FTW!

famke-janssen-picture-1.jpg

Molotov Cocktease - Famke Janssen
Why, you ask, for all mankind that's ****ing why.

neeson3.jpg

Dr. Byron Orpheus - Laim Neeson
Just because Liam can really act with diginty which would make Orpheus even funnier as he is constantly made fun off

Last edited:
I like that cast a lot. Good job. I really like Jim Carrey as the Monarch. :lol:

Seriously, just have most of the VAs do their big screen roles, have you seen them??

Doc Hammer IS Dr Girlfriend :lol:

But in all honesty, it's one of those things that's better served in aimation.

Although, Seinfeld and Smith as Agents 24 and 21 would make me see a live action movie in a heartbeat.

PS: Patrick Warburton IS Brock ****ing Samson. He's big enough to play him in Live Action as well.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back