DreamMOVIE #7-The Moon and Serpent Grand Egyption Movie Theater of Marvels

Is "The Killing Joke" fair game for this round? I've never been a huge Alan Moore fan (shock! horror!) but I loved The Killing Joke. It's one of the best Batman stories not written by Frank Miller.

:lol: funny you said that. I was going to ask that but I thought I would just be using the batman i have in the last 2 dreammovies so I chose something else.

But that should be ok as it's his work

Well since no one objected I'm going forward with is. Got some of the story done based on anything I could find of Twilight of the Superheroes. Not done casting or anything yet but I think it'll be pretty cool. It wont win but will be cool at least.

I don't see how anyone could object to it, seeing how Moore had the entire story sketched out and a good bulk of detailed notes written up. I imagine it would be about the same sport as casting Fashion Beast or doing an adaption of Big Numbers and adding to the story.

I don't see how anyone could object to it, seeing how Moore had the entire story sketched out and a good bulk of detailed notes written up. I imagine it would be about the same sport as casting Fashion Beast or doing an adaption of Big Numbers and adding to the story.

True, I figured since it's unreleased it's off limits but it's cool

I ended up deciding against both Watchmen and The Killing Joke. Here goes nothing...

For The Man Who Has Everything

012.jpg

Batman, Robin, and Wonder Woman visit the Fortress of Solitude on Superman's birthday, only to find him in a vegetative state, a large alien plant stuck to his chest, its tendrils wrapped around his body. As they analyze the situation, the alien Mongul steps into the scene, revealing the name of the plant (the "Black Mercy") and how it has put Superman into a coma, feeding him an extremely realistic and plausible dream based on his "heart's desire". As he explains, Mongul touches the Mercy while wearing a pair of protective, oversized gauntlets. Interspersed with the scenes in the Fortress are pages of Superman's dream of living a normal life on his long-destroyed home planet of Krypton, happily married with two children.

While Wonder Woman battles Mongul, whose power is shown to exceed hers, Batman and Robin try to free Superman. Superman's fantasy, meantime, takes a dark turn. His father Jor-El's prediction of Krypton's doom was unfulfilled in the fantasy, leading to Jor-El being discredited and embittered. The Kryptonian society within the dream is undergoing political upheaval, with Jor-El becoming chairman of an extremist reactionary movement called the "Sword of Rao" which calls for a return to Krypton's "noble and unspoiled" past. A major point of contention in the political struggle is the use of the Phantom Zone, Krypton's other-dimensional prison system, developed by Jor-El and thus making the House of El unpopular. Kal-El's cousin, Kara Zor-El, is brutally assaulted by anti-Zone protesters, who use the criminal Jax-Ur as martyr and symbol.

Superman gradually begins to wake up from the increasingly disturbing dream, with it finally dissolving with a scene of his "son", Van-El, slipping away from him. In combination, Batman has resorted to trying to pry the Mercy off Superman's chest. Without protective clothing, the plant immediately attacks him, submerging Batman into his own "heart's desire" dream, in which the murder of his parents is foiled and he instead grows into a contented adulthood with a wife (Kathy Kane) and daughter. Superman, infuriated by both the Mercy's attack and the loss of the fantasy (as Mongul later describes, "escaping it must have been like tearing off your own arm"), savagely attacks Mongul, who was about to finish off the defeated Wonder Woman. The two adversaries battle across the Fortress, causing massive damage to it.

Robin, anxiously seeking a solution, puts on Mongul's discarded gauntlets and pries the Mercy off of Batman. Thinking quickly, he stuffs the Mercy into one of the gauntlets, allowing him to safely carry it to the battle. Superman, on the verge of delivering a crushing blow to Mongul, becomes distracted by the sight of the statues of his parents, allowing Mongul to deliver a stunning counterattack. Mongul is on the verge of killing Superman when Robin drops the Mercy on him. Mongul is instantly seized by the plant and submerged into his own deepest fantasy, in which he swats the Mercy aside, kills Robin and then Superman, then conquers the universe.

Cast:

(I will cast the Kryptonians later when I have more time)

Superman:Eric Bana

eric_bana_05-thumb.jpg

Wonder Woman:Monica Dean

xox0.jpg

Batman:Clive Owen

00001f.jpg

Robin:Justin Chatwin

43623_cv.jpg

Mongul:Brian Cox (voice)

en2204coxb.jpg

Last edited:
Twilight of the Superheroes Trilogy
Done as trilogy as too much for one self contained movie

Plot :

Opening
This Film starts off Rip Hunter walking through the streets. He is looking for John Constantine to give him an important message. Maybe the most important message he could ever give to someone.

He finds him and tells him that John Constantine of the future told him to track him down. They walk off to talk to each other. This is to set up the entire trilogy. In an odd sort of way the first 2 movies will be Rip Hunter explaining the future to John Constantine.

The future

An apocalyptic war between superheroes is about to be waged. This will not end well if it comes true. How it happened was in 2012 earlier society was starts to break down. Villains see the opportunity and take it to exploit what is happening for their own selfish needs.

The Justice League have had enough. Pushed too far they decide to plan and mount up. They remove every villain permanently. While this may seem like a good thing it is not. It sets of a chain event that will change the world as we know it.

The League is then seen as the only force for reason and order. The pressure mixed with a new found ego becomes too much. Soon they pass a motion outlawing aliens from Earth! This is not a popular decision and soon turns heroes against heroes.

The smaller supergroups (like the Titans) Do not wish to be associated with the League. This continues and continues until they all split off in to "houses". The houses are as follows :

House of Steel , House of Thunder , House of Titans , House of Mystery , House of Justice , House of Tomorrow , House of Lanterns and House of Secrets (Made up of villains who are still alive after the justice leagues attack)

Story Skips forward 30 Years

We now see the Houses as they have evolved. But not all of the members are at war. Superboy (House of Steel and the son of Superman and Wonder woman or Superwoman as she is now called) and Mary Marvel Jr (House of thunder and the daughter of Mary Marvel and Captain Marvel) are getting married in a Romeo and Juliet type way.

The two most powerful Houses are about to unite, The leaders of both houses know if this happens they would have the strength to rule all other houses. What they don't know is the House of thunder has a secret that cold destroy it from with in.

Captain Marvel's own son and wife, Captain Marvel Jr. and Mary Marvel are having an affair. They fear what would happen if Captain Marvel found out. What would it also mean for the house? But yet they are in love should they keep going? They are also mother and son. Isn't that wrong? So much conflict , more so than a normal affair.

The union of the houses is feared by the House of Titans, House Justice and the House of Secrets. The House of Secrets is the most scared. They should be too. They fear the attack the Justice league made years ago will be repeated on their group.

The House of Lanterns (Located on Mars after the no alien rule) is planning an invasion. The likes of which is off the charts. Their invasion plan includes the use of Hawkpeople , green Martians and of course Green Lantern Corps.

Movie 3

This movie will be all about John Constantine and Rip Hunter meeting up with the Justice league. They have decided all the events started because of the leagues attack so if they can talk them out of ever doing it then the future will be changed.

During the talk it will cut to the future showing the war happen and hundreds of heroes dying. The war will be in size the size of the war in Lord of the rings. Maybe just a little smaller. It will be shown however in the same style as the fights in 300 so it gets right in on the action.

BUT after the league has finished been told the film will end with the future literally rewinding and be shown as a more peaceful future. Before cutting back again to present day where we see Constantine finding a letter.

Constantine reads what may turn out to be the ultimate "Dear John" letter. Written by his future self, the letter apologizes for using his younger self so cynically, but assures John the younger that it's all for the best. The older Constantine having the advantage of hindsight, can remember everything that happened to his younger self, including meeting with Rip Hunter, getting told a terrible story and then launching on a mission to warn everybody affected of what waited in their future and how they might avert it. The elder Constantine can even remember how that all worked out: The world of Twilight came about anyway, often because of people's actions in response to his warning. He can even remember getting a letter handed to him, exactly the same as this one. He muses briefly over the paradox of who really wrote the letter originally before apologizing to his younger self again and consoling him with the fact that a wonderful woman is waiting in his near future, and that she will be worth everything.

Reading the letter, the younger Constantine is furious. It has turned out that there is someone craftier than John Constantine... namely, John Constantine twenty years older and smarter. Constantine has been conned by himself. Worse, since the person who tricked him is twenty years away in an unreachable future, Constantine has no way of getting vengeance upon the person who did this to him. Angered and enraged, he goes into a bar and sits with the crumpled letter in his hand, getting drunk. This is the end of the story, and we only have a final one-page epilogue that takes us back to the beginning, now that we've come full circle. The woman enters the bar and notices John, asking him for a light. He looks up and their eyes meet. She is beautiful. He knows instantly that he could love this woman forever. Knows who she is, knows how happy him and all his future selves are going to be with her... and finally, perversely, he understands how he can have his revenge against his future self, how he can avert the circumstances that lead to Twilight by throwing a small but important spanner into the workings of destiny.

"Excuse me, have you got a light?"

Constantine looks at her and blinks twice before replying.

"No. I'm sorry. I don't smoke."

The woman shrugs, and after a while leaves the bar without speaking to Constantine any further. After she's gone he sits, dead drunk at a dimly lit corner table, and cries his cold and cynical heart out.

Note : I would have altered that ending or changed some things but it seemed to powerful and mind blowing to change that it would be a shame to do so.

Cast :

Rip Hunter – Jonathan Frakes – Rip Hunter seems in many ways to be close to been like Riker in Star trek the next generation. I tried to find someone like Riker but decided only Jonathan Frakes will do this part justice.

John Constantine – Christopher Eccleston - I needed an actor who was English but that was the not the important factor. He needs to be an actor who can play gritty but also distant and a loner. Christopher Eccleston is perfect for this.

Superman – Brian Krause – He would need to bulk up but when looking at superman I had in a way TWO characters to cast. I needed the Man of steel and hero all , big blue of scout of now. And a man who was a tough leader , a father , a husband and about to go to war.

Brian Krause can play the nice guy like superman is now BUT he plays it so well he is normally cast in the role. He is not normally given the chance to play more darker which superman in the future would have to be so why not take advantage of his range and surprise some people with it.

Superwoman (wonder woman) – Bridgette Wilson – Another I had two characters. One the *** kicking warrior that is Wonder woman the other a mother and someone who is worried about what the war may bring.

Now this choice may get me a lot of slack but I like it as we have seen her in the roles needed. I looked at other actresses but they were mostly great at one and crap at the other so I figure I will settle for very good at both.

Supergirl – Hayden Panettiere – This is the daughter of Superman and Superwoman. She is kind hearted and loving (unlike her brother) and a very sweet but confident character. After heroes there was NO other choice for me but her.

SuperBoy – Aaron Stanford – Alan Moore described him as "Bad news" This got me thinking. And as I wrote the plot description all I could think was Pyro from X-men movies. I think he was great in that role and so he's right for my son of Superman and Superwoman

Captain Marvel – Kevin Sorbo – Another choice bound to get me slack. But I see Marvel as basically been like Hercules but just a bit darker. I know he can play the hero and the leader both of which is needed for this.

Mary Marvel – Sigourney Weaver – I needed an actress who was powerful to be believed as Mary Marvel , Could play a loving mother to her daughter , could play a seductress to seduce her son and if she was scared by war you knew it would be bad. Sigourney Weaver is all of them.

Mary Marvel Jr. – Mila Kunis – I wanted someone who could play the blushing bride to be. She needed to be cute not just in looks but in a way that makes you really want to push for their wedding. Also superboy is a bad boy she needed to be a girl who could balance that out and help him be nicer like his dad.

Captain Marvel Jr. – Tobey Maguire – I know he is Spider-man and that makes this very unlikely but I wanted Captain Marvel Jr. to have a nervousness about him for having an affair with his mother. I see him also looking up to his father and Tobey Maguire's natural nervousness makes him spot on for what I wanted

Last edited:
Nightwing – Cillian Murphy – In the future Nightwing has so much emotional baggage. The death of starfire , trying to live up to Batman's legend. He is more twisted than before. He'll even kill instead of following batman's "no kill" rule.

Warhawk (adult hawk in the future) – Vin Diesel – Alan Moore described him as "a sort of super Rambo who Nightwing tends to use as a human weapon." I needed a tough guy like the rambo type and Vin Diesel was my choice. He doesn't have to act much just be a human weapon

Cyborg – Wesley Snipes – In the future Cyborg has had more and more upgrades almost completely machine now. He is haunted by the question "at what point does he come just machine and stops been human?" I honestly love the idea of Wesley Snipes in that role.

Chimera (beast boy in the future) – Saverio Guerra – In the future he is more insane and just completely crazy. But I like to think there is still signs of the fun loving beast boy of our time. So Saverio Guerra is the way to go.

Raven – Kate Beckinsale – Future she is a confident and dignified sorceress. She doubts staying with Titans as she is only there out of loyalty. The actress needs to play that but the darkness of Raven now still there. Kate Beckinsale is the way to go.

Cast Notes :

• Future versions of anyone you see both times will be played by the same people but using makeup and cgi to age them, Back to the future did it well and that was the 80's imagine how it would be today.
  • Did not cast Justice league as I already did that last movie plus they are only minor characters despite the part they play. House of steel , Thunder and Titans plus John Constantine and Rip Hunter are the focus as they have more of a central role.

Oh **** me!

I feel like I've just been kicked in the nuts. This'll be interesting.
Did anyone just get roundhouse kicked to the brain?
I'm going to interpret these as positive responses.
Question, Even if it was not realsed can we do one based on Alan Moore's Twilight of the Superheroes? I really want to try and do that and since it has not bee realsed there is more creative leeway.
I shall belatedly allow it.
Question: Could we do a work based on Alan Moore HIMSELF?
Why not.
Have some confidence. You've won more Dreamcastings than I have.

Someone should do Lost Girls.
:lol: A Lost Girls movie would probably break the MPAA.
Why wasn't it released?
As Entropy said, falling out with DC.

Check out the pitch. It's great.

I shall belatedly allow it.

Thank you , That would have pissed me off if after I worked on it more than I have any other round (not saying its going to win but I did work hard on it) If you had said it's not allowed :lol:

Last edited:
I just read that pitch Moony. Waaaay too much ****ing writing.

Mole, that's a good cast/pitch, but I would have given you extra points if you had cast Sting as John Constantine.

Darkknight, I like your Batman and Superman casts, and the story itself sounds pretty interesting.

Mole, that's a good cast/pitch, but I would have given you extra points if you had cast Sting as John Constantine.

Thanks, Yeah that would have worked. I was going to change my Chimera to either Jon Cryer or French Stewart (been looking for a way to use him) and add Christopher Lambert as an old batman but I've made a fuss before now about cast editing and feel if I do I would be hypocrite.

Watchmen

watchmen_smiley.gif

I want this to keep the tone of the original with all of the same flashbacks interspersed throughout. But no Black Freighter comic as that would clog it up too much.

In 1985, the scene opens with a murder. A man is thrown several stories out of his penthouse to the ground below. The police investigate but aren't sure of the cause. After the police leave the scene the vigilante Rorschach investigates and discovers that the man was once the Comedian. Fearing an attack on former "masks", Rorschach goes to warn Doctor Manhattan, Silk Spectre, Nite Owl, and Ozymandius. A flashback to 1959 shows Dr. John Osterman is transformed into the blue skinned Doctor Manhattan. Due to the success of wars with Doc Manhattan, Nixon eliminates the 22nd Amendment and continues his term long into the 80's. Due to Doctor Manhattan's existence, the nuclear arms race escalates and tensions between Russia and the US are at a highpoint. After Doctor Manhattan is accused of giving those close to him cancer, he exiles himself to Mars. After the Silk Spectre leaves Manhattan, Dan Dreiberg allows her to stay with him. After he has been arrested, Nite Owl and Silk Spectre decide to break him out of prison. Manhattan returns to Earth to talk to Laurie and Laurie realizes that the Comedian was truly her father. As Nite Owl and Rorschach search for clues about the attempted murder of Veidt, they realize that he put the hit on himself. As the two travel to his Arctic fortress, Ozymandius reveals that he engineered an attack on New York City in order to unite the United States and Russia and stop the war. Veidt reveals that he killed the Comedian to ensure that no one knew of his plan. He also reveals that while he was telling this to Nite Owl and Rorschach, the monster had already attacked. Though Dan, Laurie and Jon agree to keep Ozymandius' secret for the sake of the world Rorschach doesn't. As he attempts to leave the Arctic to tell of the plan Doctor Manhattan tries to stop him. Rorschach says to kill him and Doctor Manhattan agrees. Before Doc Manhattan leaves for outer space he speaks with Veidt. Veidt asks him, "I did the right thing, didn't I? It all worked out in the end." Doc Manhattan then responds with, "In the end? Nothing ends, Adrian. Nothing ever ends." The film then ends with Laurie and Dan together.

Doctor Manhattan/ John Osterman: Keanu Reeves
keanu.jpg
Doctor Manhattan is known as a character who shows little emotion when he interacts in the high pressure situations he's in. Manhattan needs a detachment from all situations and have a non-human quality to him. This is a role that Keanu Reeves' emotionless qualities would be an asset.

Edward Blake/ the Comedian: Ron Perlman
underworld20011106.jpg
The gun-toting Comedian is an awful person who you don't expect to be a super hero. He's essentially the ultimate anti-hero. When I see Ron Perlman in this role I see his incredible voice speaking the Comedian's incredible lines. When he talks to Nite Owl and Nite Owl asks, "What are we saving them from?" To which the Comedian replies, "From themselves," give you chills? Thought so.

Walter Kovachs/ Rorschach: Edward Norton
044911_ph12.jpg
Rorschach is possibly the most important figure in the Watchmen comic. He needs to be a small man with an almost demented outlook on life. When I'm picturing Ed Norton as Rorschach, I'm picturing the insane mind trip characters he played in American History X and Fight Club. I'm going to totally buy him as the insane propagandist.

Laurie Juspeczyk/ Silk Spectre II: Lena Headey
headey_wondercon_gal.jpg
The Silk Spectre needs to have a softness that the other Watchmen don't have. But due to the nature of the business she's in, she needs to be tough as nails as well. I see Lena Headey in a role that proves she isn't too soft, yet she still shows her grace during a fight.

Daniel Dreiberg/ Nite Owl II: Kevin Costner
039_39990~Kevin-Costner-Posters.jpg
Nite Owl is essentially a man who is way past his prime. He wasn't the biggest of heroes, and yet he still always fought the good fight until he was forced to hang up his mask. Kevin Costner is a man who is also past his prime. He needs to have that quality of wanting to do good in the world but not being sure if he can.

Adrian Veidt/ Ozymandius: Val Kilmer
244.kilmer.val.092506.jpg
Ozymandius, the smartest man in the world, the great villain of Watchmen, and possibly humanity's last hope. Ozymandius needs to have a face that shows he's the perfect man. Kilmer has that quality that shows he's a man who'll do anything for the greater good. I think Kilmer will fill out the role perfectly.

Last edited:
I definitely see where he is coming from but I always pictured him as a bit younger and more of a "pretty boy."

Adrian's anything but a pretty boy. He's more of an Apollo like character. He's almost too perfect.

Adrian's anything but a pretty boy. He's more of an Apollo like character. He's almost too perfect.

I respect your take on the character, and I'm not saying that Kilmer wouldn't be great, I 'm just saying he's not who I would have envisioned. But to each their own.

Last edited:
Hmmm.....I'm a fan of Moore, but in order to cater to the familiar crowd, I'm torn between doing a proper LXG cast or a Watchmen cast sincer I didn't do one for the Watchmen round.

The only difference being that if I did Watchmen, I'm toying with the idea of setting it on modern day as opposed to 1985. Much like the Wachowskis did with V.

Latest posts

Back