DreamMOVIE #7-The Moon and Serpent Grand Egyption Movie Theater of Marvels

Hmmm.....I'm a fan of Moore, but in order to cater to the familiar crowd, I'm torn between doing a proper LXG cast or a Watchmen cast sincer I didn't do one for the Watchmen round.

The only difference being that if I did Watchmen, I'm toying with the idea of setting it on modern day as opposed to 1985. Much like the Wachowskis did with V.

Aren't they doing that with the Watchmen film they are currently doing setting it now days?

The Fantastical Tale of Sean Doyle, James Murray, and Samuel Davies

The story follows the adventures of a young adult and his friend, who arrive in London to sight see. They learn that their idol, Alan Moore, will be signing comics at a specific store, and through a series of fantastical adventures, they, along with their British friend, arrive at the book signing and partake in Alan Moore's wisdom.

First off, the two teenage friends. The first one is fresh out of college, his take on life is one of wonder and bewilderment as he finds out that life really ain't what he though it would be cracked up to be. Sean Doyle is a student who graduated with a degree in Literature, has a thirst for imagination, and a craving to find out his own niche in life. Sean Doyle will be played by Brett Harrison who can capture the curiosity that untimely drives this character.

His companion is his friend, Jim Murray. Jim follows Sean, because in Jim's mind, he is Sean's bodyguard, though it's usually Jim who ends up putting Sean into trouble. Jim will be played by Jasen Segel who can capture the harshness and kindness, of the character.

There, the two of them meet up with their friend at the airport.

The friend is none other than Samuel Davies, who is referred to by his friends as Bass for no reason other than he found a giant bass once in a river and was scared by it. Bass is the one who knows London well, yet keeps getting the trio sidetracked. Bass will be played by Khalid Abdalla who can handle the strangeness that Bass represents.

Here, they are about to go to Bass' house, when they run into a man in a trench coat. The man looks exactly like Sting, the musician, but when they go to confront him about it, he informs them that he is not Sting, but trying to stay undercover so stop messing with his awesome disguise. He notices Sean's shirt, which is a picture of Miracleman, and says that him and Moore are friends. He tells them that Moore is having a book signing and the three of them should go to it. He gives Bass the directions, and tells them that they should hurry, it's in four hours. The three of them run off.

Sting will be played by, well, Sting.

Bass informs them that before they go, they need to stop at where his Grandmother lives at a nursing home. He explains that sometimes she thinks she's a teenager, so they need to remember that. They pass a taxicab on the way, in which the driver is holding his head, and saying if he could remember that word he forgot, then he would be alright. He drives them to the nursing home, and says his name is Mike.

Mike the Taxicab driver is a little strange. He has constant headaches, which he says will go away if he remembers that word he keeps forgetting. Mike will be played by Daniel Craig who can handle the dual nature of the character.

So the strange tale begins. The three boys encounter the Lost Girls at Bass' Grandmother's nursing home. They find Promethea, a nurse working in a derelict hospital trying to give patients a reason to live through her poetry. The see Swamp Thing emerge from an underground sewage drain, and follow him to the home of Tom Strong, who tells them tales of his amazing adventures. Throughout it all, the three friends learn life isn't all about working nine to five; it's about seeing the magicalness that resides in the everyday. Throughout it all, Sting keeps appearing, telling the three friends where to go next. I envision a very artsy take on this film, comedy and drama there, but more of blowing your mind capability. The thing I want to stress is that while these things are out there and fantastical, they can also be explained in a real life kind of way. As of now, I really can't do it justice myself, I believe it can be done. Even the strangeness of Swamp Thing could be explained.

Finally, after they leave the home of Strong, they find Mike the Taxicab driver there once more. He seems different, more confident of himself, and not complaining about a headache. They ask if he can get them across town to the Alan Moore signing, which began about ten minutes ago. He smiles and says, "Boys, for me to be able to drive you across London in ten minutes would have to be a Miracle. Man, it's a good thing I know how to do it."

Mike drives them to the place, and when they go to enter, a person tells them that the bookstore is closed, and since they are late, they can't get in for the signing. Again, Sting appears from nowhere, and tells them he'll take care of it. He walks up to the guy, as he palms something in his hand. The guy won't let even Sting in, when Sting gets pissed.

"How many times do I have to tell people, I don't practice TANTRIC!"

He then punches the guy in the face, knocking the guy out. He twirls the roll of quarters in his hand. "Better than magic anyday of the week."

"You aren't Sting?"

"You three best get in there, he's almost done. And tell him I told you three to say hi."

The three of them walk in, and are the last ones in line.

Alan Moore will be played by himself.

After they get the signatures, they ask him if they can tell Moore about there day a dn what they experienced. Moore informs them that while their experiences may be good stories, their experiences are their own. He goes to leave, when Sean blurts out.
"John! John Constantine told us to tell you he told us to say hi!"

Alan Moore turns around, and gives them all a look before stating.

"You three want to buy me a pint?"

The end.

Last edited:
I knew I should have crossed my name off of that English thing when I scanned it.

And unlike every other casting of me ever done on this site, yours isn't horrible. Though I don't look anything like Brett Harrison.

I hope if I ever go to London, all of this actually does happen.

Last edited:
The point is not to catch you exactly, simply catch the type of character I was going for there.

The others don't resemble McCheese or BAss at all either.

And every Dreammovie I have done has people from the site in it.

How did you like the actually movie idea?

Adrian Veidt/ Ozymandius: Val Kilmer
244.kilmer.val.092506.jpg
Ozymandius, the smartest man in the world, the great villain of Watchmen, and possibly humanity's last hope. Ozymandius needs to have a face that shows he's the perfect man. Kilmer has that quality that shows he's a man who'll do anything for the greater good. I think Kilmer will fill out the role perfectly.

Are you kidding? That's the most inspired part of his cast.

Heh. Totally had that one. Still think Kilmer should be Ozymandias.

Also: I'm totally down with this... I only wish I had my Swamp Thing volumes with me, but I still might want to go with that.

As I've decided that there will never be a perfect Watchmen movie/cast...even I have had trouble finding the right cast members. And some of you have had such great choices that I'd want to use them but I hate stealing more than 1 person per project.

So I'm going with LXG.

When does this round end? I've got my cast assembled, but I'm still writing out and touching up the treatment. I think I should probably have it up at some point tomorrow. Still need a title though.

OK, I'm not going to get mine up tonight, somehow half of it got erases, so I will have to recreate.

However, to tease

- It will be titled All the Madmen (and yes, will be heavily Bowie influenced).

- It will be extremely metafictional and a meditation on the relationship between artists and their effects and inspirations on each other.

and

- Gary Oldman will be playing Alan Moore. The rest of my cast will be also be perfectly cast.

More to come.

TOP TEN

ENTRY BY PROJECTX2

Top 10 focuses on an average day for the police force of Neopolis, a city where everyone, from the police and criminals to civilians, children and even pets, have super-powers and colourful costumes.

Robyn "Toybox" Slinger – Kristen Stewart

Jaffs "Jeff Smax" Macksun – Mickey Rourke

Peter "Shock-headed Pete" Cheney – Rupert Grint

Duane "Dust Devil" Bodine – Adam Baldwin

Wanda "Synaesthesia" Jackson – Tracie Thoms

John "King Peacock" Corbeau – Christopher Judge

Jackie "Jack Phantom" Kowalski – Carrie-Anne Moss

Cathy "Peregrine" Colby – Clea DuVall

Sung "Girl One" Li – Kelly Hu

Irma "Irmageddon" Wornow – Alex Borstein

Promethea

Now while the series is totally written for the comic medium, I think over a couple of films it could work. It would be very hard but it could.

Different parts of the realms shot with different type of film magic. It could work. Much much CGI.

I think the first film would follow Sophie becoming the new Promethea and learning about the legacy, meeting the old Prometheas and The 5 Swell Guys.

Set up for more characters. Her learning from Jack Faust.

The 2nd film would be all about her trip with Barbara through the Immaterial. And Stacia and Grace's run as Promethea.

And the 3rd would be her return and the End Of The World.

Promethea.jpg

Promethea - Catherine Zeta Jones & Sophie Bangs - Selma Blair

Stacia.jpg

Stacia Van der Veer - Zooey Deschanel

Grace.jpg

Grace Brannagh (Promethea) - Evangeline Lilly

Bill.jpg

William Woolcott - Rachael Bilson

Barbara.jpg

Barbara Shelly - Kathy Bates

PaintedDoll.jpg

Painted Doll - Ben Foster

Mayor.jpg

Mayor Sonny - Steve Carrell

JackFaust.jpg

Jack Faust - Alan Moore

I also wanted to cast The 5 Swell Guys, but it was too hard. The only real one I had was Jessica Biel as Roger.

Sorry guys, I totally forgot to set an end date for this. How about Friday?

Latest posts

Back