"Dumped" USM #78 Discussion/Spoilers

TheManWithoutFear

#1 reason not to join UC
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Thank God this wasn't as bad as I was thinking it would be. Sure, there was no Spider-Man action and Molten Man was just the title of a song and a bandname but at least we know that MJ is loyal to Peter and that their relationship is meaningful. Bendis done good with this one... it's too bad I just don't care about their relationship so I could've done without this issue but at least it didn't suck.

"Tandy Bowen Bites"

How does Mark Raxton seem to you? I haven't got the issue yet and I was wondering how he was characterized. And he is a teen or adult?

MarvelWarrior said:
How does Mark Raxton seem to you? I haven't got the issue yet and I was wondering how he was characterized. And he is a teen or adult?
Teen. I guess he's the new jock who is also part of a band called "Molten Man". Does anyone else have a problem that he's on the bball team and plays for a band... sorry but that just doesn't happened you have to devout your life to one or the other. He's a nice guy too... but I don't see him doing too much more in USM.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Teen. I guess he's the new jock who is also part of a band called "Molten Man". Does anyone else have a problem that he's on the bball team and plays for a band... sorry but that just doesn't happened you have to devout your life to one or the other. He's a nice guy too... but I don't see him doing too much more in USM.

Thanks for the info. Can't wait to read this issue. I'm guessing there no hiints of Moonknight.

Didnt buy, just read. Raxton was a real nice guy.

What's so great about Peter Parker?

Everything.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Does anyone else have a problem that he's on the bball team and plays for a band... sorry but that just doesn't happened you have to devout your life to one or the other.
Um, I dunno there. I've known quite a few people who could balance more than one social activity, be it sports, music, quilting, or anal debotchery.

I won't get to read for another hour. :?

Baxter said:
Um, I dunno there. I've known quite a few people who could balance more than one social activity, be it sports, music, quilting, or anal debotchery.

I won't get to read for another hour. :?

Let me clarify that I know people who are in sports and play instruments too but you can't dedicate your life to two different teams like that High School Coaches wouldn't tolerate any balancing of basketball and a band at the same time. That's just the way it is.

Yeah, that's how it goes for my high school, too.

Excuse me for asking, I haven't gotten the issue, is Mark Raxton black or white?

Another white kid in USM... I always laugh at the fact that there are all of these white kids in Queens and, in the Kingpin arc, they made a comment about there being few. I really don't get that.

Things I liked:

-Mr. De Palma is a recurring character
-Kong is recurring
-Mary Jane notes that she still works at the food court
-More Flash
-Mark is musical
-The goofy dude in the Spidey outfit
-That random guy's expression in the third panel of the music scene :lol:
-Will Eisner
-Mary Jane wants to be a teacher
-She wants Peter back
-LETTERS PAGE!!!

Disliked:

-The fact that we see Mary Jane on the toilet right next to a big DUMPED logo.
-Waste of paper on the 2nd and 3rd page
-The exact same 2 conversations in the food court from issue 1
-Mark is a senior
-Kong's reaction when his fries go bye-bye.
-FEMALE PARKER. :?
-Liz likes Oprah
-Liz and Kong?!
-Mary Jane and Mark kissing

ultimatedjf said:
Things I liked:

-Mr. De Palma is a recurring character
-Kong is recurring
-Mary Jane notes that she still works at the food court
-More Flash
-Mark is musical
-The goofy dude in the Spidey outfit
-That random guy's expression in the third panel of the music scene :lol:
-Will Eisner
-Mary Jane wants to be a teacher
-She wants Peter back
-LETTERS PAGE!!!

Disliked:

-The fact that we see Mary Jane on the toilet right next to a big DUMPED logo.
-Waste of paper on the 2nd and 3rd page
-The exact same 2 conversations in the food court from issue 1
-Mark is a senior
-Kong's reaction when his fries go bye-bye.
-FEMALE PARKER. :?
-Liz likes Oprah
-Liz and Kong?!
-Mary Jane and Mark kissing

I wasnt that excited about reading this issue until i saw this post. Now i cant wait to read it :D

No, im serious!

icemastertron said:
Aaaaand there's something wrong with that? :sure:

When I was in High School years ago that was frowned upon. heck I had a friend who was 19 dating a 15 year old. Granted she looked older but it just seems weird.

Goodwill said:
Another white kid in USM... I always laugh at the fact that there are all of these white kids in Queens and, in the Kingpin arc, they made a comment about there being few. I really don't get that.

no they didnt....you took it the wrong way..what they meant was...there are so many white kids in new york that seeing spider-man without his mask isnt going to make finding him easier. However, there are like only white kids at midtown it seems...i have yet to notice anyone else in the classroom being any race other than white in the book...dont get me wrong, i dont go looking for it...but being as this is new york...and queens of all cities..you would expect differently. Leave it to bagley to make all of the kids in school, white and the black kids on the streets, thugs.

Last edited:
MarvelWarrior said:
If Mark is a senior that puts him at 18 yrs of age, and he's kissing a 15 year old?

So? I slept with a 15 year old when i was 18

ive said too much....

Latest posts

Back