Daredevil is fantastic at the moment, but I would like to see a story where he actually uses his powers more. I see him as a Sherlock Holmes character.
he can taste, smell and feel like no one on earth which is ideal for uncovering clues. Foggy is the perfect Dr Watson.

I was thinking of a good subplot for another Universe X books what if it centered on the people who were stuck in the dead realm... where one day Jean Grey (being the pheonix that she is) rises back from the dead and somehow disappears to the living world again... this gets some of the smarter inhabitants (Xavier)thinking and they realize where they are and somehow they begin a trek to try to get back to life...

Don't ask why I came up with it I was thinking about how open ended it was when Cyclops said he knew Jean was still there but the girl with Wolverine was actually Madelyn...

As for those who don't want the dead to come back to life... well I just thought LongShot would at least appreciate this one....

XTFLyons said:
I was thinking of a good subplot for another Universe X books what if it centered on the people who were stuck in the dead realm... where one day Jean Grey (being the pheonix that she is) rises back from the dead and somehow disappears to the living world again

When Jean died she didn't "die" like a normal person (or mutant) does.

XTFLyons said:
how'd she die? would that make my story not work??

If your story involves Jean exiting the realm of the dead and going....well, anywhere....no, it wouldn't.

A Phoenix host wouldn't enter the realm of the dead when s/he "died".

If you read "Here Comes Tomorrow" - Grant Morrison's last arc in New X-Men - it will explain it better than I can.

XTFLyons said:
But Jean was there in Earth X...

In the realm of the dead? That doesn't necessarily mean anything. I mean, Strange and Hulk were there too.

A Phoenix host is beyond mortal death.

well then don't you think they have some explaining to do if she wasn't really "dead" but she was there and not involved in that little expedition... for entertainments sake let's just say she was and my idea came to light what do you think about the rest of it??

It would be interesting....not a bad idea.

I think I thought up a good excuse as to why the Earth X theory that everyone's a mutant wouldn't happen...

Cerebro doesn't pick up everyone on the planet ... get what I'm saying?

And I was thinking of ways around that even I thought that maybe Cerebro doesn't pick them up cos' the X-Gene was dormant... but then I thought about SpiderMan or Daredevil... who, if the theory was correct, would've been picked up when Xavier used Cerebro since there X-factor genes would have been considered active.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I was thinking of a good subplot for another Universe X books what if it centered on the people who were stuck in the dead realm... where one day Jean Grey (being the pheonix that she is) rises back from the dead and somehow disappears to the living world again... this gets some of the smarter inhabitants (Xavier)thinking and they realize where they are and somehow they begin a trek to try to get back to life...

Don't ask why I came up with it I was thinking about how open ended it was when Cyclops said he knew Jean was still there but the girl with Wolverine was actually Madelyn...

As for those who don't want the dead to come back to life... well I just thought LongShot would at least appreciate this one....

well, universe x and paradise x both deal a lot with the realm of the dead and trying to awaken those people to fight death herself with captain marvel leading the charge for the good guys...BUT...it doesn't quite work out so well b/c with no death means nobody dies...even if they got impaled by a fire hydrant...so they just sit in a hospital with a fire hydrant through their chest in pain, but not dying. so not exactly like your idea...but it does take some elements from it. paradis x deals more with marvell creating a new heaven

selfproclaimed said:
well, universe x and paradise x both deal a lot with the realm of the dead and trying to awaken those people to fight death herself with captain marvel leading the charge for the good guys...BUT...it doesn't quite work out so well b/c with no death means nobody dies...even if they got impaled by a fire hydrant...so they just sit in a hospital with a fire hydrant through their chest in pain, but not dying. so not exactly like your idea...but it does take some elements from it. paradis x deals more with marvell creating a new heaven

Interesting. Maybe I'll pick it up. Mar-vell creating a new heaven sounds like it might parallel Lucifer against God. Mar-vell vs. Death with a new twist on the battle of good and evil.

yeah...you actually learn what or who lucifer aka mephisto truly is in universe x...as well as his number 1 guy...bellasaco. there's a lot of 616 references and obscuritites...so be prepared.

I've read Universe X, both volumes in Graphic Novel, but i've never come across Earth X or Paradice X........ I liked the different Explanations of the heros in Universe..... like MoonNight, and Captain Britton.... very interesting perspectives...

Latest posts

Back