You understand now why I keep going, "This has already been done and done better in the Earth X trilogy".

Seriously, all this bull**** hype about changing universes... you cannot get bigger than the Earth X trilogy. It encompasses not just 616 Marvel, but the future 616 Marvel, and every single alternate universe ever created, ties them all together, progresses and ends it all.

And, surprisingly, it did it with little fanfare. When it was coming out, Wizard didn't devote a dozen pages and sidebars to it every month. Marvel didn't harp on about it. It just came out quietly.

Because it's "out of continuity".

But here's the thing.

The Earth X trilogy is more reliant, more honest, and more grounded in 616 continuity than the current 616 universe.

It's canon. It's a crossover that worked.

What we're getting now, is pale in comparison.

I stopped into the bookstore this evening and saw it, and briefly considered buying it. But I just couldn't; not at $50 with no discount. And especially considering what I went through trying to track down the TPB.

E said:
I stopped into the bookstore this evening and saw it, and briefly considered buying it. But I just couldn't; not at $50 with no discount. And especially considering what I went through trying to track down the TPB.

I only brought mine for like 20. It was the old one. Not the new one. :D

Ice said:
To me, this HC is worth the $50, and I don't care! :D

I don't disagree, but since I already have it...

Amazon has it for $37 off...if I hadn't just ordered the Eternals hardcover I'd think a lot more about getting it.

Hi there! Long time lurker, first time poster.

I'm looking to buy a HC of Earth X, but I've seen two different covers from the ones solicited online. There's one with a multitude of characters on it, and another with just good ole' Cap. My question is, are these two seperate HC editions, or is this simply the front and back artwork of the same book? If they are seperate editions, I've been reading that one was solicited as 528 pages, but was eventually bumped up to 592. Are both editions 592 pages? Or just the Solo Cap edition?

Is your solo cap edition 528 or 592 pages? And Cap's on the front cover? What's on the back cover?

Better yet, what's the ISBN # off of that bad boy. I found one number already - 0785118756 - but it is listed as the number for both books.

Last edited:
The ISBN will be listed on the first few pages with all the other title information. It will probably also be listed on the inner dustjacket and or on the barcode of the book. As for page numbers, just look at the last page of the book?

I don't have the HC so can't help ya. Sorry. :(

Welcome to Ultimate Central!

We try to help others - but sometimes, we're just inept. Like this particular slogan. Hmmm. Nuts.

sax_russell_the_green said:
Is your solo cap edition 528 or 592 pages? And Cap's on the front cover? What's on the back cover?

Better yet, what's the ISBN # off of that bad boy. I found one number already - 0785118756 - but it is listed as the number for both books.

that's the number on mine

Hmm...

There's a pretty good deal on it over at Buy.com. They have it for ~$28 with free shipping. Problem is, they list it at 528 pages. Being the completist that I am, I have to have that other 64 pages!

Latest posts

Back