Essential X-Men (Vol. 2)

Wow. I think that may have been my favourite issue ever.

There were a few grammatical errors, like in the first paragraph there were many words without spaces in between them.

Now everyone, go read Sensational Spider-Man!

Goodwill said:
:lol: I was actually thinking of writing something for this site again while I'm waiting for the other site to come together... I don't know, though.

Are you sure about that? You might not get enough reviews. :D

Seriously, in the three issues of Sensational Spider-Man that I wrote for Ice's universe, I got three reviews. And two of those were from Ice, and it's his title. I know I'm not that great of a writer, but I'm getting experience and honing my skills.

But this is why I don't write fanfic anymore. It makes you feel like you suck as a writer, and that's how I feel now.

Sorry for the interruption Ice. Looking forward to the next part.

Sneak Peek of Chaper 23.

Alright, I know I'm late. I know, SO Marvel of me. But for now, here is a sneak peek at the chaper.

NOTE: What is shown here is not the final outcome. Changes may happen through the editing process.

Also, the name has been changed to 'Kevin'. That was a mistake on my part before, because I was thinking on the Ultimate Proteus, which is not the one I wanted to use (in terms of name). Anyways, enough of my babble. Enjoy the preview.

The not too distant past-

A man walks up to his house and fiddles through his pockets, looking for his keys. As he finds it and opens his door, he walks in to see his wife waiting for him, tears running down her face. Her make up was ruined having black eye liner dripping down her eyes with her tears. She held her glasses in her hand, with a document in the other.

"What is wrong Moira? What has happened to you?" The man asked her, rushing to her side. But she pushed away, keeping a distant.

"It's over Charley. We're over," she said to him, leaning against the wall.

"What are you talking about? What is the meaning of this?" Charles asked, confused.

Moira threw the document at him and told him, "I love ye Charley. I love ye with all me heart. But this isn't working out. You spend too much time away, especially with that girl ye keep tutoring."

"Moira, you cannot sincerely mean this. I mean, what about Kevin?"

"What about him, Charley? Ye even barely see the boy. His father gave him more time, even though he was the same as ye in sharing time with us. Please…don't keep doing this to us. It's over Charley. I'm sorry."

Above, in his room, Kevin laid awake on his bed, hearing his mother and step-father's conversation. He thought to himself that this was just the same as the last time. That someone is always hurting his mother. He swore this would be the last time this would happen.

A couple months ago-
Muir Island

Sean, while laughing a bit, said, "Follow me this way. I'll direct ye to where ye sleeping quarters are, Logan. Let them chat away 'til the sun goes down."

"So, this is about Kevin, 'tis it not?" Moira asked, folding her arms.

"Of course it is about Kevin. You told me before his mutation cannot be controlled. Moira, you must not worry yourself to death because you think you did the wrong thing. You had to have him contained in the stasis pod. There was no other choice. He may hate you for it, you may believe him, but deep down, he is just a scared boy. As anyone would be with that kind of power," Xavier explained.

"But Charley, he told me with such anger that me never seen before from him. Saying that me betrayed him when he tried to protect me. Me fear that one day....he's gonna kill us all…"

Last edited:
X2727 said:
Are we ever going to see this story?
Tis my fault. Ice bounces back and forth between this one and Spidey, I believe, and I had him waiting for ages to get the Spidey one back. So this got delayed.

It will be coming out around next week, I'll try. There's been many things that have been in my way (a lot personal), and I re-wrote the ending as well.

Essential X-Men #23 re-solicit.

After re-writes, here it the solicitation for the next chapter, that will be out by the end of the week.

EXM-23.jpg

The Essential X-Men #23
Written and cover done by icemastertron

Family Reunion: Part 2 of 4
Kevin has come back to Xavier to get revenge. And as he gets Xavier and Moira where he wants them, and unexpected someone drops in on him. The X-Men better stop Juggernaut fast if they want to save lives here!

I read the 1st chapter and good job. I can tell you favor Iceman. I wonder why? But you need to go back and space some words a part.

Re: Essential X-Men #23 re-solicit.

Dear God, it's true. I have the next chapter ready to post! After MONTHS, (IM REALLY sorry). But nonetheless, it's here. Read and enjoy.

EXM-23.jpg

The Essential X-Men #23
FAMILY REUNION: PART 2 OF 4

The not too distant past-

A man walks up to his house and fiddles through his pockets, looking for his keys. As he finds it and opens his door, he walks in to see his wife waiting for him, tears running down her face. Her make up was ruined having black eye liner dripping down her eyes with her tears. She held her glasses in her hand, with a document in the other.

"What is wrong Moira? What has happened to you?" The man asked her, rushing to her side. But she pushed away, keeping a distant.

"It's over Charley. We're over," she said to him, leaning against the wall.

"What are you talking about? What is it Moira?" Charles asked, confused.

Moira threw the document at him and told him, "I love ye Charley. I love ye with all me heart. But this isn't working out. Ye spend too much time away, especially with that girl ye keep tutoring."

"Moira, you cannot…you…you cannot sincerely mean this. I mean, what about Kevin?"

"What about him, Charley? Ye even barely see the boy. His father gave him more time, even though he was the same as ye in sharing time with us. Please…don't keep doing this to us. It's over Charley. I'm sorry."

Above, in his room, Kevin lay awake on his bed, hearing his mother and step-father's argument. He thought to himself that this was just the same as the last time. Someone is always hurting his mother. He swore this would be the last time this would happen.

A couple months ago-
Muir Island

Sean, while laughing a bit, said, "Follow me this way. I'll direct ye to where ye sleeping quarters are, Logan. Let them chat away 'til the sun goes down."

Meanwhile-

"So, this is about Kevin, 'tis it not?" Moira asked, folding her arms.

"Of course it is about Kevin. You told me before his mutation cannot be controlled. Moira, you must not worry yourself to death because you think you did the wrong thing. You had to have him contained in the stasis pod. There was no other choice. He may he hate you for it, you may believe him, but deep down, he is just a scared boy. As anyone would be with that kind of power," Xavier explained.

"But Charley, he told me with such anger that I never seen before from him. Saying that I betrayed him when he tried to protect me. I fear that one day….he's going ta kill someone…"

Xavier Institute-
Today

"No, I'm deciding to just go with my name now. 'Marvel Girl' is so 5 minutes ago," Jean was telling Ororo.

BOOM!

"What in flamin' hell was that?!" Logan asked, jumping up from his seat quickly.

Scott told the others, "Whatever it is, we have to check it out. The professor is in there and he might need our help. Let's go people!"

At that same time, in Hank's room-

BOOM!

"Oh my stars and garters, that cannot be good! Who could be intruding into our grounds now?" Hank asked himself. Without haste made his way to the ground level of the mansion.

Meanwhile-

"It's time for your death, step-father. It has been long over due," said the boy, still standing by Juggernaut.

"Kevin? Kevin what are you doing? You can't be out of the stasis pod."
Still standing in place, Kevin shouted at Xavier, "And what does that matter to you? You never cared for us. And then you turned my mother against me! She'll get what she has coming to her soon enough. But first, it's your turn."

"Kevin, listen to reasoning! You are lucky enough that your body has not died out yet. You know with your power, you will end up only killing yourself!"

"That's where you're wrong, old man. There's a new body waiting for me," Kevin told him, grinning. Just then, the others showed up, with everyone stopping in place once they see what has happened.

"Hey, Chucks. You might tellin' us who these bozos are?" Logan asked, popping his claws.

Kevin looked at the others, and then turned to Xavier and told him, "What is this? Is this the so called 'X-Men' team my mother talked about? This is them? Pathetic."

"Give me two seconds with you bub, and I'll show you somethin' who's pathetic," Logan told Kevin.

"Juggernaut, take care of them. I still have things to…"catch up" with my step-father here."

And with that, Kevin's eyes began to glow green, and all around everyone, everything began to shift. The stairs became, twisted into a spiral, the floor becoming a sphere-like curled around the X-men stretching out, grossly distorted and limp."

"What is this? What's happening here?" Ororo asked, confused and a bit scared.

"By the looks of it, the reality is forming itself into another matter, changing the laws of…"

"English, fur-ball," Wolverine interrupted him.

"Reality is being warped."

A few seconds later, everything was back to normal. Kevin was gone and Juggernaut didn't waste any time, and quickly started to attack. He punched the ground, sending a giant concussive force, knocking everyone off their feet. Colossus quickly armored up, and Scott changed his glasses to his visor.

"You always carryin' that damn visor in yer pocket, slim?" Logan asked.

"This isn't time for jokes, Logan. Quit talking and fight back," Scott ordered.

"Who the hell said I was jokin'?" muttered himself.

Colossus made his way towards Juggernaut and tried to grab him. But before he could, Juggernaut punched him into the next room through the wall. Beast quickly flipped over juggernaut, feet lashing out to hammer into his enormous back, unfortunately pushing him a few feet.

"You guys are nothing but a joke! You can't stop me! I'm UNSTOPPABLE!"

"Jean, any chance you can psychically shut him down?" Cyclops asked.

"I…I can't. Something is blocking me from entering his mind. And he's too heavy to pick up."

"Stay out of the way than," Scott told her. He than shot at Juggernaut, but the beam ricochet off of him, flying up into the ceiling. Wolverine jumped on Juggernaut's shoulder, coming from behind him, and started to slash at Juggernaut's face. Juggernaut picked him and slammed him on the floor.

"If this is the best you can do, this is gonna to be a piece of cake!" Juggernaut exclaimed.

This is impossible. How can we beat him if nothing is hurting him?,Cyclops thought to himself. "Wait a second. Where's Ororo? And the Professor! Where did that kid take them?" Scott asked. He looked around, and Ororo nor Xavier were any where to be found.

This is week is just gettin' better, Wolverine said to himself. First I get a message from the guys up north sayin' if I don't get 'em the files, that they'll send the guys after me. And now I got this bozo here slammin' me on the ground like a piece 'o pancake..

I'm useless to the guys here. I…I…Jean was telling herself, but she than fell to her knees and held herself. "My head…voices…it hurts…."

Colossus came back and called out Juggernaut.

"Now feel this!" He said running towards Juggernaut. Juggernaut turned around, and was punched in the stomach and flew back. Beast tried to attack Juggernaut as he lunged at him and began pounding on his face. Wolverine came up and stabbed him in his arms, the only place where he seemed to be vulnerable. Juggernaut let out a little cry of pain, but quickly grabbed Wolverine and Beast and threw them at the charging Colossus.

Cyclops walked over, with his finger on his visor, ready to hit Juggernaut in the open spaces of his helmet.

Juggernaut laughed and clapped his hands together, creating a strong wind that knocked him back. He picked up Hank, and held him by the throat. Juggernaut was squeezing him, and suddenly, Jean began to moan. Everyone looked to see that Jean's eyes were pure white, and had a thin yellow aura around her.

Cyclops softly asked, "Jean…?"

And than, without warning, Jean's arms spread as wide as they could, and a blast of white light spread, and Jean gave a scream so loud that it broke the windows. And than it was over as quickly as it happened. Cyclops looked up to see Jean lying on the floor unconscious, and noticed that Juggernaut was not around.

"What the #%$^ was that?" Wolverine asked, shaking his head.

"I don't know, Wolverine," Cyclops answered him as he ran to Jean's side. "But I don't think it's anything good."

Meanwhile, across the world
Muir Island-

Kevin and Xavier re-appeared back at the Muir Island Lab that belongs to Dr. Moira McTaggart. They were in the room with the stasis pod where Kevin had been held against his will. The stasis pod where Kevin once lay was broken in half, as what was once the glass door had been, there was now glass shards scattered across the room floor. The whole room was in a complete mess. Cabinets broken and lying about, papers everywhere, and a computer monitor destroyed.

"Kevin, you must return to your stasis pod! You're going to die!" Xavier pleaded to Kevin.

"No, it's ok. Oh, look who's joined us, step-father. Its mum," Kevin told him. He walked over to where two giant cabinets formed a tee-pee of some sort, and peeked into the hole.

"Come out, mum. I know you're there," Kevin said.

No one was coming out, and Kevin was getting restless. He made some sort of gesture and reality shifted again, with the cabinets twisting in every direction, soon becoming monsters with giant mouths. Moira screamed and ran away, only to then trip over the fallen debris.

"I'm getting tired of this. It's time to kill you both," Kevin told Xavier and Moira. Now he took the two halves of the stasis pod and used it to hold Xavier and Moira.

"Xavier, ye bloody fool! Use ye mind to do somethin' about this!" Moira angrily yelled at Xavier.

"What do you expect me to do, Moira? Kill him? Because that is the only thing that will happen to him if I go into his mind in his fragile stage," Xavier explained. Suddenly, lightning strikes came from behind Kevin, striking him in the back and knocking him to the ground. A woman stumbled in, almost falling to the ground herself. It was Ororo, who had somehow taken the ride along with Xavier and Kevin.

"Ororo! What are you doing here?" Xavier asked, puzzled.

"I am not sure, myself."

"You witch! Don't think you're going to get away with that," Kevin told her with an angry tone. He got up, and his eyes began to glow a dark red.

"I do not plan to, little one. But the same shall be said for you," Ororo said back to him.

"You arrogant…–urgh!" Kevin couldn't finish his sentence, for now he's body grew weaker as he fell to his knees, and vomited on the ground.

"Kevin, you are getting worse! You will die if you do not let us help you," Xavier said, struggling to free himself, but failing to do so.

"N-no! I don't need your help! I-I can…" Kevin almost fainted, as he resisted on giving up. I will-" He stopped mid-sentenced, and looked up at Ororo. He gave her a smile as he stared into her eyes, with his dark red ones.

"What do you think you're going to accomplish with that?" Ororo asked. Ororo tried to look away, but couldn't as much as she tried. After a few seconds, she threw her head back, and fell down.

"Ororo! Are you hurt?!" Xavier asked her. "Oh no…"

Ororo stood up, and looked upon Xavier. Now her eyes glowed a dark red color, and Kevin's body laid lifeless in the middle of the floor.

"What's wrong…step father? Do you not like my new body? I kind of wondered what it might be like to be a woman," Ororo said, but with Kevin's voice.

"Kevin, ye bloody fool! Let us out of here! It's for your own good! Ye know that body won't last long with ye in there! You'll kill it!"

"Don't worry mum. There's always a new body. Now it's time to kill the both of you."

TO BE CONTINUED….

Last edited:
Good stuff, Ice! Again, you seem to be writing a solid story here. I like the fact that you are getting your ideas from 616 as well as the UU and, as I'm sure, your primary source--your own imagination. I think this is your most valuable thing, Ice. Imagination. You write a very good Beast, too, I love his dialogue!

Goodwill said:
Good stuff, Ice! Again, you seem to be writing a solid story here. I like the fact that you are getting your ideas from 616 as well as the UU and, as I'm sure, your primary source--your own imagination. I think this is your most valuable thing, Ice. Imagination. You write a very good Beast, too, I love his dialogue!
Thanks! And yes, I am mixing from 616, UU and my own imagination. :D

Great stuff. Kevin is a entertaining character to read about. There were only a few punctual/grammatical mistakes, but nothing that hurt the story.

I noticed you used the non-American spelling for "mum". Any reasons why?

Goodwill said:
Will you give us a rundown of the arc ideas you've got until issue 100 in typical Bendis fashion, please? :)
Sure! Though its not until 100 just yet. :wink:

#26: Guest written by ProjectX2 and co-starring Hulk!

#27-28: Alpha Flight vs X-Men!

#29-32: Magneto's back!

#33-36: The Brood are coming! The Brood are coming!

#37-38: Would you like to join the Hellfire Club?

#39-41: Excalibur Unite!

#42: Stand Alone featuring a new debut!

That's it for now. Don't want to give EVERYTHING away just yet. :p

Last edited:
Very cool... I'm looking forward to seeing PX2 stand in for you... Not that you're bad, it's just cool seeing another writer taking up the title you started. I don't think I could get anyone to do that with Spider-Ma. ;) I want to see what you've got for the Brood, too, which'll be something else, man!

Latest posts

Back