Essential X-Men (Vol. 2)

Goodwill said:
Very cool... I'm looking forward to seeing PX2 stand in for you... Not that you're bad, it's just cool seeing another writer taking up the title you started. I don't think I could get anyone to do that with Spider-Man. ;) I want to see what you've got for the Brood, too, which'll be something else, man!
Thanks. :)

But the real fun comes before when...oops. Too early for that. :wink:

The Hulk is joining the X-Men?!

EXM24.jpg

Essential X-Men #24
Written & Cover by icemastertron

Family Reunion: Part 3 of 4
As the X-Men keep fighting Juggernaut, Proteus tortures Xavier and Moira to near death. Will he kill them? Well, that's something you won't find reading this! But the answer to that isn't as crazy as the ending! Be sure to be here as the story continues this Saturday!

Last edited:
crap! now I have to wait (counts out the days on fingers) two days!

....okay thats not that long, but still!

Let us venture forth, as the arc comes close to its finale!

EXM24.jpg
THE ESSENTIAL X-MEN
CHAPTER 24:
FAMILY REUNION: PART 3 OF 4

Muir Island-
Off the coast of Scotland

"What to do…what to do…," Kevin said, now as Ororo. "New body with new and more powers, there's unlimited ways to kill you. But better yet, how about I torture you first? Yes…that way, you get to see how I felt, being in that bloody pod for the past three years! And you know what? I love the sound of my new voice."

"Kevin, I will tell you no longer to cease this at once. You have no idea how to use those powers," Xavier told him, still tied up on the floor next to Moira.

"Let's see who's first to be shocked by my new talent…" Kevin said, slowly walking towards his parents.

1427 Graymelkin Lane-
Westchester County, New York

"No, mom, ok? I'm not going back," Bobby told his mother, Madeline Drake. She was driving up to the Xavier Institute in her sky blue 1996 BMW.

"All I'm saying is think about it, sweetheart. We miss you at home. How long will you have to be here to fix this mutant problem of yours?" she asked him.

"You see! You just don't get it! This this this isn't a 'mutant problem' mom! Why can't you just get that! I'M A MUTANT! ACCEPT---

SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABOOOOOOOOOOOM!

A giant man landed right in front of the car, creating a big pothole. Madeline hit the breaks fast and almost crashed into the man. Bobby didn't waste anytime and unbuckled himself, hurrying to see who the person was.

"That came from the institute!" he yelled.

"Bobby! You get back here!" his mother yelled, but to no luck. Bobby ignored her calling and ran up to the giant man. Standing up, the man turned out to be Juggernaut. Dusting himself off, he noticed Bobby standing in front of him, just staring.

"Whatdaya want punk? Ain't never seen a man in armor before! Get outta my way before I pummel ya to the ground. I got me a job to finish," Juggernaut told Bobby, as he started walking back towards the institute. "Stupid mutant punks…"

"You ain't going no where, tin man," Bobby said as he shot ice shards at Juggernaut. Juggernaut turned around and clenched his fist as tight as he could.

"You're one of them, too?! That's it, you little &^%*, you die now!" Juggernaut said as he cracked his knuckles.

"Mom! Get out of here now! I can take care of myself!" Bobby yelled at his mother. She didn't waste anytime and turned her car around. She quickly yelled to him, "I'll call you soon, honey. We're not finished with our talk."

"GO!"

She drove her car speeding down the road, as Bobby turned around to see Juggernaut's fists punching the ground. Bobby went into the air as an effect of the attack and flew into the bark of a tree nearby, and then hit the ground with a thump. Bobby got up with leaves all over him, and noticing his shirt torn a bit.

"Dammit! That was my favorite Yankees shirt!" he said, angry, while turning into his ice form. Right then, Juggernaut started to laugh.

"Hahaha! What are ya supposed to be? Frosty boy?"

"Frost this, &%*#$," Bobby said as he shot a giant ice beam at Juggernaut. "Come back here! I'm not done with you!"

Back inside the institute-

"Is everyone okay?" Scott asked.

"We're fine, Slim. Just check out Red over there. She don't look too hot," Wolverine answered him, getting up from the floor.

"I do dare say, what's emerging does not appear to be a girl scout heading our way," Beast said to the group, pointing towards the front of the Institute. It was none other than Juggernaut battling Iceman at the gates.

"And it appears comrade Iceman has returned just in time," Colossus pointed out.

"Hey guys! How's it hangin'?" Iceman yelled out towards the group, trying to hold his own with Juggernaut, unsuceeding in freezing him with his ice beam, as Juggernaut kept breaking it punch after punch.

"Well, what are you guys waiting for, an invitation? It's time to finish this thug once and for all. Beast, help Iceman distract him. Colossus, Wolverine, you two are the muscle. When the time is right-"

"I slash 'im into dinner," Wolverine interrupted.

"Just get the job done. I need to put Jean in a safe place," Ordered Cyclops. He than proceeded into the mansion, and disappeared from view as he turned a corner in a hurry.

"Come, thy friends. Our mission awaits us," Beast told Wolverine and Colossus as he went to help Iceman.

"And here I thought I was going to only have my &%$ getting kicked. So the hell is this clown? Where's the professor? And Storm? And why did Cykes take Jeannie inside?" Iceman asked.

Beast replied, "You are full of questions, young Robert. Questions are the fruition of the youth."

"You X-Clowns talk too damn much! Now just lie down like dead dogs!" Juggernaut yelled in anger, as he swung himself like a spinning top, with his arms as far out as they could be. "You must have no brains in those mutie minds! I'M UNSTOPPABLE! There's nothing you can do to stop me!"

"Issat right?" Wolverine yelled. As Juggernaut turned around, he saw Wolverine flying towards him as Colossus had thrown him. Wolverine landed his claws in Juggernauts eyes, and blood quickly pored out.

"GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"

"Woah…" Iceman looked on, stunned at the sight.

Back on Muir Island-

"AAAAAAAAAH! AAAAAAAAH!" Xavier screamed out in pain, as he kept being shocked with by Proteus in Storm's body. Proteus stood there smiling and laughing with every shock he dealt out. Xavier was exhausted with all the pain that ran through his body. Sweat kept dripping from his bald head, as he tried to grasp for air.

"Kevin, ye stop this right now! We can help you!" Moira pleaded out to him.

"That's what you said before. Now you're just talking bull^#@$," he said back to her, staring her down. "And since you're so inclined on me hurting your ex-husband here, WHO HURT YOU ALL THOSE YEARS AGO, REMEMBER?! Well, I guess it's you're tuuuuuuuuaaah!" Suddenly Proteus quickly started spinning around in circles, until falling backwards on the floor.

"Kevin, you…are killing…the girl's body. You must…leave it at…once…" Xavier said, still trying to catch his breath. Proteus slowly got up, and knelt on the floor, followed by vomiting.

Suddenly, Banshee came busting through, beat down and bleeding through cuts all over his body, in his torn green jump suit.

"Sean…are you…ok?" Xavier asked, still breathless.

"I'll live. Kevin did a number on me, and I just escaped from where the bloody fool had me locked up, and…what in bloody blazes happened here?"

Xavier commanded Sean, "You must get help. Fly to New York and get my X-Men. It is the only chance. Kevin has assumed a new student of mine. You must not let him get you!" Then, Proteus looked up, with his eyes glowing. Sean quickly looked away and covered his eyes. Storm's body than fell to the ground flat.

"Sean!" Moira screamed in agony.

*Cough* *Cough*

"No need to worry, love. I'm…I'm fine. I'm going now to get the X-Men," he told them. He left without saying another word and left for New York.

Xavier Institute-
Sub-basement Medical Lab

"Jean, I don't want to leave you here alone, but I have no choice. I have to back up," Cyclops told an unconscious Jean, as she slept on the med lab's bed. The same bed where Cyclops once was in himself when he was shot. Cyclops ran to the elevator and went back outside, where he was surprised to see what was going on.

"So what do we do with him now?" Iceman asked.

"Gut him like a feesh," Colossus answered back.

"Alright, enough of this, we have to do something with him. We can't exactly leave him here," Cyclops mentioned.

"Well, oh astonishing leader, what do you propose we do with this scoundrel?" Beast asked.

"You know, dude, there is that new cell Beast worked on across from the War Room. Should be strong enough for to hold him, right Beast?" Iceman asked, looking on with a smile and a wink.

"Why, what a marvelous suggestion!" Beast winked back.

"We'll stop chit-chattin' with yer girl talk you pansies and let's bring 'im there already," Wolverine told them.

A long while later…

Juggernaut still lay unconscious, now on the floor in the newly designed cell by Beast. With the bars made of energy, anything that touched it from either side would be knocked out instantly. Even if Juggernaut wanted to stand, there wasn't much room, being that the cell was only eight by seven feet, and Juggernaut clocked in at least seven foot, 2 inches.

"Awww, he looks like a wittle baby," Iceman pointed out.

Cyclops commented, "Alright, we have to figure out where that kid took the professor. Problem is, where do we begin. Maybe if Wolverine caught his scent….wait, where is Wolverine?"

"Wait, I do believe I hear some ruckus roaming upstairs," Beast claimed.

The Infirmary-

"Red, you ain't workin' so well lately. I can tell yer better than whatever hurtin' ya in the inside. Fight it girl," Wolverine whispered as he stroked Jean's hair. The doors opened as Colossus came in.

"Wolverine, Cyclops calls for your presence, comrade," Colossus said. Wolverine grunted, and looked at Jean one more time, as she slept peacefully. He then proceeded to follow Colossus. As they were leaving the infirmary, Cyclops and Iceman were running to the elevator.

"What's the hurry, Slim? Weren't you just lookin' for me?" Wolverine asked.

"Beast just found someone upstairs. Says its some guy named Banshee, knowing where Professor Xavier is," he answered him as he entered the elevator. "Going up?"

As they met up with Beast and Banshee, they found them both sitting on the institute's front steps.

"Where's the professor?!" Cyclops shouted, running out of the elevator in the foyer.

"He's hurt, bad. I think he may near death. You have to go get him! The kid….he's torturing them, and won't stop. I barely got out myself. I don't think I can make it back. He wanted me to get you to go. He's on Muir Island. Quickly, before he dies!"

"Let's go X-Men, there's no time to waste. In your suits and to the hangar!"

"Wait…Xavier mentioned a tall guy…said he was left here…"

Iceman replied him, "Yeah…that Juggernaut dude. We got him locked him in the sub-basement. What about him?"

"Iceman, let's go!" Cyclops shouted at him. Iceman hesitated, wanting an answer, but left with the group.

"Hahahaha…yes…leave you fools. Leave…" Banshee whispered, with glowing red eyes…

TO BE CONCLUDED…

Last edited:
Good chapter. Bit long of a wait though, so I can't remember much about what happened. Perhaps once the last issue is out, I'll have to reread this arc?

"I'll call you soon, honey. We're finished our talk." :lol: had me laughing for a good time.

Good work, Ice. ;) I really like your Iceman. Typical punk kid that can put it to even Juggernaut. Awesome. :)

Thanks guys. Conclusion will be here in at the end of next week. And after that issue, the rollercoaster begins to go even faster, and no one knows when it stops. :D

Yet again, great issue. Love how you handled Iceman's 'tude. and how you had Proteus jump into Banshee. Keep it up. Lookin forward to the next issue.

Conclusion will be here soon enough. Expect the solit this week, and the chapter itself either this weekend, or early next week for sure. In the meantime, there's always Sensational Spider-Man! :D

Way late and more than a dollar short, but hey, better here than never. As a little treat, here's TWO solits!

EXM25.jpg

Essential X-Men #25
Written & Cover by icemastertron

"Family Renunion" Part 4 of 4
It's down to the wire as Wolverine takes on Proteus himself! But what will be the outcome? Will he kill Proteus or will Proteus manage to escape? Find out this Monday!

EXM26.jpg

Essential X-Men #26*
Guest Written by ProjectX2
Cover by icemastertron

"ROUND 2" Part 1 of 1

The Hulk is joining the X-Men?! What will Wolverine, who suffered a severe beating a few days ago from the monster, have to say about this?! Will Bruce Banner finally become peaceful with the raging monster inside of him?! We'll see!

*This chapter follow's ProjectX2's The Hulk mini-series.

Latest posts

Back