Essential X-Men (Vol. 2)

Turner D. Century... :lol:

Awesome cover. It seems JonnyFreeze has himself a piece of action in every fanfic now...

Well, since my laptop crashed, I had to write the chapter by hand. It's 15 pages written, so it should be a long chapter once I type it out. I'm actually glad I had to re-write this chapter because things are now way better than I originally had a few months back.

So if not by the end of the month, in January I should have the chapter posted.

Okay. Back in action! Time to continue this puppy, so let's just head straight into the story!

My name is Charles Francis Xavier. I founded the X-Men because I believe this world can co-exist with both humans and mutants alike. I searched for those were able to help me in my cause that would one day rid of the hatred that fills the hearts of those who wish ill against us. I brought together six mutant outcasts to do just that.

Cyclops. Iceman. Jean Grey. Colossus. Beast. Wolverine.

And then we found Storm during a mission in Africa.

Now if only the world can see the good that can come from this…

PREVIOUSLY IN ESSENTIAL X-MEN:​

The X-Men return from their camping trip and tensions begin to flair. But while they get re-adjusted at the mansion again, Agent Sharon Carter of S.H.I.E.L.D. debuts and is already planning to breakout Magneto. Say what?!

EXM31.jpg

ESSENTIAL X-MEN #31

MAGNETO RETURNS

PART 2 OF 4

"COUNTDOWN TO THE INETIVABLE"

The Xavier Institute for Higher Learning
2 hours 15 minutes…

Charles Xavier sat at his desk in his office that's located on the first floor of the mansion, a couple of yards away from the main entrance, and just around the corner. As he sat there, he fumbled over some paperwork and the phone then rang.

He picked up the phone and asked, "Hello? This is Charles Xavier, how may I help you?"

"May the stars loose their light if I ever give up my might," a man said on the other side of the line to Xavier. Xavier then immediately pressed a red button on the phone and looked around.

"Go ahead. It's all clear," he proceeded to tell the man as he sat back in his chair.

"Sir, there's a problem!" The guy yelled in panic.

"Well of course there must be. Otherwise you would not have called me on this line," mentioned Xavier.

"No sir, I mean, this is a top priority emergency! Critical for everyone!" The guy kept spouting out, never getting to the point of the call.

"Well then," Xavier hastily said, "out with it!"

"There's someone here who's planning a breakout. Her…her name is Sharon Carter. I heard her myself through the hidden microphones in Magnetos cell."

"And who is she planning to break out? Out with it already!" Xavier yelled, wanting the answer now.

"Magneto."

S.H.I.E.L.D. Hellicarrier
Briefing Room AB2
1 hour 48 minutes…

Nick Fury stands in front of a giant screen with the United States map on it. Red dots are located around the major cities all over the country including New York City, Los Angeles, Miami, Chicago and more. As he gives the conference in a room full of some U.S. Senators and governors, a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent interrupts the meeting.

"Boy, you better have one damn of a good excuse for barging in here like that or it's your job, you hear me?"

"It's about Magneto…sir," the agent said back with intimidation in his tone. Fury stood there with a blank and confused look on his face for a second before he said anything else.

"Ladies and gentlemen, if you excuse me, I have something very important to deal with. We'll have to finish this some other time," Fury told them all as he left the room and closed the doors behind himself.

Nick Fury's Office
1 hour 45 minutes…

"This better be good. Do you know how hard it was to get all those people here on the same day? Of course you don't," Fury talked to the agent as she sat down at his desk. He folded his hands together in front of his face, covering his mouth.

"It's about Magneto, sir!" the agent repeated.

"Yeah, yeah! You told me that already. Just get on with it will you? Before I loose my patience, too!" yelled Fury.

"We've received word from some anonymous line that someone's going to break out Magneto. We couldn't trace from where, but thought you should know about it anyway, sir. The breakout is supposed to be tonight."

"Who?"

"Excuse me?"

"Who's supposed to do the breakout?!" Fury yelled again.

"Charles Xavier."

Back at the Institute
1 hr 09 minutes…

"So that's it? We just go in and...talk? We spent like 40 minutes here planning to just go and talk to them? I mean, seriously?" Bobby asked, wanting to know why there was no action being mentioned afterwards.

"Because, Robert," Xavier began to reply to him, "We must avoid any course of action as much as we possibly can. I want to try and reason with Fury first, not give him a reason to lock us up."

"Well, ain't breakin' an enterin' into the Hellicarrier of all places enough reason?" Logan asked as he fumbled through his pocket looking for a cigar.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa; The Hellicarrier?! How the hell do you even break and enter into a place like that? From what you told me about that place…" Bobby asked, shocked as to the exact location as to where their mission was going to take them.

"First, you must all calm down. We are not breaking into anywhere. I have already called Fury, so they are expecting us," Xavier told everyone.

"So then what do we wait for? Let us go, comrades," Peter said, anxious to leave.

The Hellicarrier
Top Deck
42 minutes…

The X-Men's Blackbird lands on the Hellicarrier as Fury waits for them with a group of S.H.I.E.L.D. agents behind him.

"So glad you're all finally here. Makes this much easier for me," Fury said to the X-Men as they were exiting the Blackbird. He spat out the cigar he had in his mouth and then lit up another one he put in right after.

"And what, prey tell, is exactly all comforting to you, Nicholas?" Beast wondered.

"Doing this. Boys, care to do me the favor?" Fury told the agents. They all then proceeded to raise their guns and point them at the X-Men and Xavier.

"You're all going down. You are all under arrest for the aiding and abiding a known terrorist, and trying to break him out," Fury explained.

Stunned as to what just happened before his very eyes, Xavier managed to gather something to say to Fury, "Are you out of your mind?! What is wrong with you?!"

"Oh, go cry me a river. Don't think me stupid, please. Planning to break Magneto out? Kind of surprised, I must say. And I hate surprises," Fury answered, putting out his cigar again.

"Oh my stars and garters! You really consider us to break out one such as Magneto? Preposterous!" Beast exclaimed.

"I do not know what you're talking about Fury. We came here to tell you one of you're agents is going to break Magneto out," Xavier tried to reason with Fury.

"Nice try. I would've believed that if I was a sucker. But you're not pulling a fast one on me. Howling Commando Squad, take care of them," commanded Fury as he walked behind them.

"X-Men, get ready! You wanted action, Iceman, well now you got it!" Cyclops yelled out.

"Now this is my kind of party!" Iceman exclaimed in excitement.

"Colossus, Storm, Jean: take out the troops on the left. Wolverine, Beast, Iceman, take out the ones on the right. Professor, I suggest you get back before harm comes your way," Cyclops ordered out.

"Yes. I cannot get into their minds. They must have psychic blocks put into their helmets."

"Well of course. You didn't think we would let you win that easy, did you?" Fury teased.

"Nothin' new," Wolverine said ash he slashed guns from the agents and stabbed them.

"Wolverine! No killing!" Jean screamed at him.

"What kind of team doesn't kill? Wolverine joked and then broke another agent's nose after taking his helmet off. He then punched him the face.

"There's more and more coming! They're getting cavalry!" Storm said, trying to keep up with blowing agents away and trying not to knock them off the carrier. As Fury stood in the sidelines, he smiled as he looked upon the battle.

"That's it! I don't know how much we can take here without somehow causing them to fall off the ship. Everyone! Take course action Alpha Omega Delta, now!!" Cyclops yelled, trying a last resort. Everyone agreed and began. Colossus punched the ground as hard as he could, causing a dent and cracks on the ship. That caused everyone to fly into the air a few feet and fall down, hard. Jean had already held the X-Men and Xavier telekinetically in the air. She put them back down and then Storm brought every one of the agents together in the air with a mini tornado. Iceman finished it off with freezing them all in one place.

Beast quickly took Wolverine and flung him into the air with his feet and Wolverine landed on top of Fury and knocked him back down on the ground.

"Give it up Fury. You lost," Cyclops said as he put his finger on his visor, prepared to shoot if necessary. Fury gave out a laugh and began to spark.

"What in the flamin' hell?!" Wolverine got up and stood back. The sparks then led to small fires on Fury, and then Fury blowing up. A loud voice then came over a speaker system.

"Congratulate yourselves, X-Men. No one's been able to take out a decoy model and my team in record breaking time. Now that the fun and games are over, please, why don't take a walk inside."

"What the hell is going on?" Jean wondered.

"That is what we will find out, my dear," Storm said as he began to head inside.

"Yes, let us proceed and unravel this mess," agreed Xavier.

Inside the Hellicarrier
29 minutes…

The X-Men walk up slowly towards Fury, the real Fury, who is already waiting for them.

"I'm sorry for the deceiving, but I had to know if you were really planning the breakout. Everything checks out. You're all good…for now," Fury told them.

"So you knew all this time?! How do we know that you still think we are planning the breakout?!" Cyclops asked, angered at what Fury told them.

"Like I said, I had to find out. I have my ways. I know you're not."

"Maybe I should find out how you'd be without the other eye, eh?" chimed in Wolverine.

"Everyone, enough! Fury, it'd be best if you explain yourself this instant. No more games. No more tricks!" Xavier demanded.

"Gladly. But not here. Follow me," he said as he had begun to walk away.

Conference Room AC4
27 minutes…

Fury took his seat at the head of the table as the X-Men stayed at the back of the room.

"Please, have a seat," Fury suggested.

"Don't be insulted if we stayed repute, thank you," Beast said back.

"You're wish. Now, let's get back to business shall we? Don't worry. We're not being recorded. Scouts honor," Fury tried to joke with them.

"Fury, how did you know we weren't here to break Magneto out. In fact, how did you even know of it? I did not mention anything about when I called," Xavier asked.

"Let's just say I have my ways of finding information and leave it at that," Fury answered, avoiding to truthfully answer the question.

"I do not think keeping any information from us is wise," Colossus told Fury, as he stared at him with a look that could kill.

Fury sucked his teeth and smiled. "Alright. If you must know, I got word from one of my agents that a call was heard between Magneto and Xavier by another agent. Sharon Carter."

"You've tapped into our lines?!" Jean yelled.

Fury told her, "Calm down, girl. Because that's the thing. We're not. We haven't ever been to your home. I'm still trying to see why Sharon would be doing this or if any of this is true. And why she wasn't guarding Magneto as she's supposed to be."

"Why do you even have him up here? Why not in the Triskelion, the home base of the Ultimates?" Cyclops asked.

"And have him with the other bozos? We keep all the ones that are a maximum severe threat to the world up here before moving them to The Void," Fury kept on.

"Why are you telling us this? Isn't his going against some code or something?" Iceman interrupted.

"Listen. All of you. You have no idea what's going on or what has been going on. Everything you know? It's all been a lie. Nothing but masks hiding the truth. I'm only here to help uncover the giant mess."

"What…what do you mean?" Xavier asked, not understanding what Fury was telling them.

"Oh come on. Don't you guys have any brains? When Magneto first attacked, didn't you ask yourselves how we arrived so quickly? Or how we even already had the perfect cell to hold him?" Fury now asked the X-Men.

Everyone stood in silence.
"All of it. I want to know it all," Xavier demanded from Fury.

"To do that, we have to go back to four years ago. I went myself with a group to detain some mutants the President wanted."

"Wait. 'Wanted'?" Colossus asked.

"Hush, boy. Back then, mutants began to show up more and more on the radar. These mutants just happened to be in neutral territory in Europe. No man's land, if you will. After a talk with the U.N., they gave us a go. Trust me, nowadays it's best to talk with the U.N. before having them up your ***es later with questions and ****. One of the mutants we had found there just happened to be your little friend, Magneto. Wasn't hard to take him down. He was having some nervous breakdown about some dead girl named Anya or something like that."

"His daughter!" Xavier mumbled to himself.

Fury continued, "You see, the President's quite a smart man. He knows one day there's going to be a war with the mutants. It's inevitable. And what other way then to-"

"Fight fire with fire. Take the mutants and make them fight against themselves, huh?" Wolverine finished Fury's line.

"Always the smart one, Wolverine. Well, most of the time. So yes, he thought why not have mutants just fight and finish each other off, then to sacrifice us regular humans. Not like a firearm or any of the sort would do real damage to them. So with that, we hired a man to think up of a back up plan in case anything went wrong. Boliver Trask. He already had an apprentice form some sponsorship he was doing at the time."

"That kid from before. Peter Parker," Wolverine again interrupted.

"Right. He tricked the kid into thinking he was helping build better protection for the army by coming up with some equations or some ****. But in fact, he was taking them and using the equations for the Sentinel blueprints. Some adjustments here and there, and bingo. Anyways, the President loved it so much he secretly had factories built to make and house these bad boys. Unfortunately, something went wrong with Trask and he left, shutting down the process since he had the only copies of the blueprints, until he came back and got into General Ross's pants."

"So you only used Parker as bait to try and get back Trask so you can clean up your mess all at once? So people won't see the liars you are?" Cyclops asked.

"*Sigh* Yes. We make sure word travels. But Ross already had given him the go."

"Men like you and Kelly deserve to be locked up." Jean angrily told Fury.

"Heh, girl, Kelly's with us, too."

"What? That man who had announced to register mutants?" Colossus asked.

"And did you think that the sudden proposal of the Mutant Registration act was really out of the blue with him? That plan's been prepared for months! Since the President's first term, actually. We were only waiting for the right time to announce it, and it just happened to be that fate picked for him to be kidnapped. So what better bandwagon than that? But let me guess. You think it's to know who's who and does what so the community knows, right? Believing it only at face value? It's ok. That's the point. In reality, it's so we know who has the greatest power so we can add them to our little army. These times…they're not like the old days."

"You make me sick! How can you even live with yourself?!" Xavier yelled at Fury.

Magneto's Cell.
3 seconds…

2 seconds…

1…

"Are you ready? Let's go," Sharon said to Magneto.

"You know, it took me a while, but I know. You really disguised yourself well this time…Mystique."

TO BE CONTINUED…

Last edited:
All right. For your benefit I'll try to be as critical as I can while also giving you props for some great stuff. Like always-dash form notes.

-Grammer: Just a couple minor things that need to be spellchecked or otherwise
---INETIVABLE<--spelling mistake in title
--Magneto's cell.<--missed apostrophy
--the agent said back with intimidation in his tone<--unsure if mistyped
--under arrest for the aiding and abiding [of] a known terrorist<--just insert the "of"
--We came here to tell you one of you're [your] agents is going to break Magneto out<-- Your not you're
--Wolverine said as[h<--remove] he slashed guns from the agents and stabbed them.
--Storm said as he began to head inside.
-Ice, you are doing a masterful job with dialogue {I even have to reread Beast to make sure I know what he's saying}, many times I feel that adding the "he said, she said" endings is just unnessasary. I'm usually able to understand whose saying what purely by the dialogue. Bravo!
-I understand that written as a comic your description works to help if someone were to draw the book but being a novel your descriptive style needs as mean as it is to say it, more actual style. I feel that that I'm reading a gorcery list when going through your setting description.
For instance take your first sentence: "Charles Xavier sat at his desk in his office that's located on the first floor of the mansion, a couple of yards away from the main entrance, and just around the corner." It feels lifeless. I would try to make your description more inviting. When I would write settings, I would think of it as giving a tour, as making the most miniscul details interesting through clever sentence structure or whatnot.
-I smiled at the nod to the Howling Commandos. I like it.
-Going along with the dialogue I feel that you've really created the characters incredibly well in word. One thing that I find interesting as a reader is when you give what actors would call "stage business" to your characters. It adds something, give the scene more life to know that Logan is fiddling with a cigar or Bobby is making some ice design while listening to Xavier. Please keep it.
-I didn't realize that the X-men were in a fight until half way through the fight with Fury's men. This may be an issue with my ability to pay attention while reading or I think you may need to work on conveying a sense of urgency whenever a fight takes place.

That's all, I think.

Last edited:
All right. For your benefit I'll try to be as critical as I can while also giving you props for some great stuff. Like always-dash form notes.

-Grammer: Just a couple minor things that need to be spellchecked or otherwise
---INETIVABLE<--spelling mistake in title
--Magneto's cell.<--missed apostrophy
--the agent said back with intimidation in his tone<--unsure if mistyped
--under arrest for the aiding and abiding [of] a known terrorist<--just insert the "of"
--We came here to tell you one of you're [your] agents is going to break Magneto out<-- Your not you're
--Wolverine said as[h<--remove] he slashed guns from the agents and stabbed them.
--Storm said as he began to head inside.
-Ice, you are doing a masterful job with dialogue {I even have to reread Beast to make sure I know what he's saying}, many times I feel that adding the "he said, she said" endings is just unnessasary. I'm usually able to understand whose saying what purely by the dialogue. Bravo!
-I understand that written as a comic your description works to help if someone were to draw the book but being a novel your descriptive style needs as mean as it is to say it, more actual style. I feel that that I'm reading a gorcery list when going through your setting description.
For instance take your first sentence: "Charles Xavier sat at his desk in his office that's located on the first floor of the mansion, a couple of yards away from the main entrance, and just around the corner." It feels lifeless. I would try to make your description more inviting. When I would write settings, I would think of it as giving a tour, as making the most miniscul details interesting through clever sentence structure or whatnot.
-I smiled at the nod to the Howling Commandos. I like it.
-Going along with the dialogue I feel that you've really created the characters incredibly well in word. One thing that I find interesting as a reader is when you give what actors would call "stage business" to your characters. It adds something, give the scene more life to know that Logan is fiddling with a cigar or Bobby is making some ice design while listening to Xavier. Please keep it.
-I didn't realize that the X-men were in a fight until half way through the fight with Fury's men. This may be an issue with my ability to pay attention while reading or I think you may need to work on conveying a sense of urgency whenever a fight takes place.

That's all, I think.

Thanks!

Yeah, there's still many things I need to work out, but thankfully, I have been getting better at it along the way. Slowly, but it's getting there.

All righty then, playing the backtrack game with a review of # 30:

--""As you requested on your way in. I was wondering why you would request such an odd offer. Odd being that this is in no way your kind off gig, know what I mean?" Fury questioned." I'm good with this dialogue until the last phrase, it seems very unFury.
--Once again, great dialogue.
--Whether this was purposeful or not, I enjoyed the parellelism between Cyclops and Xavier as shown very breifly with their comments on Wolverine. One thing that always grabbed me about the X-men was the aspect of continuation of the contsant war between Xavier and Magneto, and one of the most logical continuations is through Cyclops [as Xavier] and Wolverine [as Magneto]. I think it may be something to explore in future stories.
--Your description still needs a better flow to it, and I'm afraid to say that's something you may have to figure out how to do yourself.

That's all, I think.

--""As you requested on your way in. I was wondering why you would request such an odd offer. Odd being that this is in no way your kind off gig, know what I mean?" Fury questioned." I'm good with this dialogue until the last phrase, it seems very unFury.
Really? I usually write it with a mixture of both 616 and Ultimate Fury.

--Once again, great dialogue.
Thanks.

--Whether this was purposeful or not, I enjoyed the parellelism between Cyclops and Xavier as shown very breifly with their comments on Wolverine. One thing that always grabbed me about the X-men was the aspect of continuation of the contsant war between Xavier and Magneto, and one of the most logical continuations is through Cyclops [as Xavier] and Wolverine [as Magneto]. I think it may be something to explore in future stories.
Yeah, it was on purpose. :)

--Your description still needs a better flow to it, and I'm afraid to say that's something you may have to figure out how to do yourself.
Yes, like I've said before, detailing is a weakness of mine. I'm working on it, though. But it's not something to easily get well on it right away.

Thanks for reading and replying!

EXM32.jpg

Essential X-Men #32
Written & Cover by: Ice

"Magneto Returns" Part 3 of 4

It's the penultimate issue! Mystique is back, Magneto's out, and someone has a sister. Wait, what? Whose sister is she exactly and will she be friend or foe?

1/20/07

Last edited:
My name is Charles Francis Xavier. I founded the X-Men because I believe this world can co-exist with both humans and mutants alike. I searched for those were able to help me in my cause that would one day rid of the hatred that fills the hearts of those who wish ill against us. I brought together six mutant outcasts to do just that.

PREVIOUSLY IN ESSENTIAL X-MEN:

As the X-Men traveled to the S.H.I.E.L.D. Hellicarrier to deliver news of a possible breakout with Magneto, Fury welcomed them with an open fight to see if they were the ones who were going to do breakout after getting such news. And with that dust clearing, more blew over as the revelation that Sharon Carter is actually Mystique in disguise!

EXM32.jpg

ESSENTIAL X-MEN #32

MAGNETO RETURNS

PART 3 OF 4

"WELCOME BACK EVERYONE!"

S.H.I.E.L.D. Hellicarrier-

"Well obviously something ain't right. Because if someone was breaking out Magneto, why hasn't the alarm gone off?" Fury boasted to Xavier.

"And if we were to break them out, why would we come directly in the front door?" Xavier snapped right back at him.

"Oh enough with this girl chit-chat crap. If nothin's gonna happen, there ain't no damn reason we need to be stickin' around this hell hole," Wolverine said throwing in his two cents.

And as fate seemed to choose, right after Wolverine spoke, an explosion went off in the prisoner bay area. With everyone jumping to their feet, including Fury, they quickly exited the room. Colossus, of course, didn't care to use a door as he bum rushed right through the wall like the Kool-Aid Man.

"Thanks. I always wanted a broken wall," Fury sarcastically commented. He quickly looked around to see agents flying everywhere to see what exactly was going on. He grabbed on by the collar, almost making him slip.

"You mind telling me what the hell was that?!" he yelled into the agent's face.

"S-s-s-sir! That's what we're trying to find out! All we know is that it came from the Prisoner Bay!"

"Oh for Heaven's sake!"

"Heaven, Fury?" Wolverine asked. "Didn't know ya believed in such a thing."

"Now ain't the time, short round."

*​

Elsewhere
Inventory Locker Room-

"Here is everything you need, my lord," Mystique told Magneto as she presented him with his armor and helmet. Magneto took it from her and felt as if power was bestowed upon him once again as he put it on. He felt like a God once more. But now, he was fully in control of himself.

And once he put his helmet once again, he said to Mystique, "The king has truly returned." But as Magneto took in his glorious moment, it was not meant to last long when S.H.I.E.L.D. agents busted in and pointed their guns at him and Mystique.

"You human and your guns. You shall always be primitive when dealing with such an entity," Magneto calmly said to them.

"Fun's over, dirt bag. Let's see your hands. You, too, you old hag," the commanding agent yelled out.

"Old hag?!"

"My hands, you say? Well, that I shall comply with," Magneto then waved his hands, but nothing happened.

"You think we're stupid to bring metal guns into a fight with you?" The commanding agent again went off.

"I expect you to build your buildings with metal, of course," Magneto said as he grinned and pulled his hand towards him. The agents looked behind themselves to see the wall come down and kill them all in an instance.

"If primates can evolve, I can at least expect that tiny bit from you simple homo-sapiens. Come on, Mystique. Time for the recruits."

*​

On another floor-

"Mike? Mike? Dammit, man, where the hell are you?!"

"The hell is it, Craig? I'm on the damn toilet!"

"What the hell! There's a damn explosion and you're using the damn bathroom! We're never going to be level seven agents this way!"

"We're not even level six!"

"Exactly! I bet Carter is there already! I want to see if I can touch her cans this time!"

*​

A few minutes later-

"How big is this place?" Storm asked, seeing as they were taking a bit longer than they expected.

Fury replied, "Big enough. Now let's go, we're here."

They all ran into the now destroyed Prisoner Bay. A lot of the prisoners were killed off with the blast, leaving more bodies to check off later on. But the crew kept moving forward to the other side of the bay where the blast didn't kill off every other prisoner and agent. And there is where the X-Men met up with someone they haven't seen in months.

"Magneto!" Fury yelled out as he pulled out his gun and shot at him. Magneto was in the air in a protected magnetic shield bubble. The bullet ricocheted off of the shield and unto the floor.

"Erik! What is it that you think you are doing here!" Xavier yelled out from his wheelchair.

"Well, well. If it isn't my dear old friend, Charles. And look, your precious children are still alive. I was not expecting you here so soon, to be honest. But then again, you always tried to be ahead a step, have you not Charles?"
"Erik, stop it with these games! You cannot sincerely think you're going to win this," Xavier pleaded out.

"Look at this, Charles. Look at it! I've given these prisoners left alive a chance to choose the right side. Did you know these are mutants here? Believe it, because it is true. This is what is to happen if you ally yourself with men such as these. Prisoners! I've been one too long now and the games will end here. I will rise once again. Mark my words, old friend."

"Stop it right there, Magneto! You don't think we're just going to let you leave like this, do you?! There's no exit here, no escape!" Cyclops screamed, taking charge of the situation. The X-Men took his lead and prepared for battle.

Magneto gave a burst of laughter after hearing Cyclops. He turned around and looked at him, then said, "Dear boy, do you honestly think you have the chance to stop me this time? When we first encountered, I was not myself, giving you the opportunity to defeat me. Lightning does not strike the same place twice, and neither does your luck. And as for an exit, I always make my own!"

Magneto put his arms out towards the wall, and with some extra force, pulled it towards and making a big gaping hole in the way. He then threw the piece of wall towards the X-Men which Iceman quickly froze in place before it hit anyone.

"Let us go, Mystique. Round everyone up as I prepare to decent us and take our leave," Magneto commanded her.

"You heard him, move!" she yelled. But it was to no avail, as the prisoners stood in place. No one moved even one-sixteenth of an inch.

"I said-" Mystique was about to say before looking back and noticing that both Xavier and Jean were using their telekinesis to hold them all in place.

"Charles, Charles, Charles. Why must you make all out lives that much more difficult? Accept the truth and realize this is a battle you will not win. Let them go or I will end Fury's life," Magneto boasted.

"I'd like to see you try," Fury said.

"You think I bluff? You know, it was a real poor choice to have so much metal in this place. I can take the whole thing down and crash us into the harbor."

"Then why don't you?" snapped Fury.

"I grow tired of you insolent fools!!" And with haste, Magneto ripped off a metal wire from the all and wrapped it around Fury's neck pulling tighter and tighter, choking him to death.
"What will it be, Charles? What's one man's life for these prisoners, right?" Magneto teased him, knowing already what Xavier would choose.

"Choose now Charles! You don't want a man's life dangling in your conscious, do you not! Hahaha!" Without any more words, Xavier stopped holding the prisoners back and freed them, along with Jean. He released the wire from Fury's neck and threw him into Xavier, knocking him down to the ground.

"Always the weak one Charles. Now and forever, your love for these creatures shall be your own un-doing," Magneto said one last time before finally leaving the scene with Mystique and the others.

"You idiot! You shouldn't have let them get away!" Fury yelled at Xavier, grabbing him by the collar and about to punch him.

Wolverine quickly grabbed Fury's first, pulling his arm back and replied, "So what? You wouldn't have to recruit more mutants for your precious army?" Wolverine proceeded to spit in Fury's face and then knock him out with his own punch.

"Wolverine!" Cyclops screamed out.

"The hell with you, Slim. He had it comin'."

"So, what do we do now? The prisoner's are either gone or dead. And…wait, what's this?" Jean bent down to pick up a clipboard that was dropped as Iceman and Beast helped Xavier back into his chair.

"Let me see. It looks like the name of the prisoners," Cyclops mentioned, looking over the clipboard with Jean.

"But wait," Jean interrupted. "There's one name not checked off here. Auroro? Auroro what? The rest seems to have been ripped off, I can't read for a last name."

Right then, that had caught Iceman's attention as he quickly looked up when the name was mentioned.

"Wait, like my name?" Storm asked.

"No. This name starts with an "Au"," Jean replied.

"Wait a second! If this prisoner was never taken, doesn't that mean that he or she's still here?" Cyclops asked. And with that unfortunate timing of the question, a burst of light quickly hit Scott from behind knocking him almost to the other side of the whole if Jean had not quickly telekinetically grabbed him and pulled him back in. Without any question or barking any orders, Cyclops began to fire back.

A shadowy figure stepped out from the last unchecked prison to reveal it was a woman, approximately in her twenties. This made Iceman open his eyes wide as if he saw a ghost. Cyclops kept shooting as the X-Men were about to join in.

"STOOOOOP!" Iceman yelled as he pushed everyone away from the target with a giant ice blast.

Now was the time that Cyclops decided to ask when he yelled at Iceman, "What the hell is wrong with you?!" Iceman stood silent, scared and confused.

"I asked you a question, now answer it before I melt your ***! Why did you stop me?!"

"BECAUSE THAT'S MY SISTER!!"

To be concluded…

Last edited:
Bobby's sister? Interesting.

There is the odd grammar mistake in the last three chapters. Remember your "you're" and your "your".

Beast reminds me far too much of King Solomon from Tom Strong. I think you're trying to make him sound too smart now, which makes some of his dialogue kind of corny.

And Magneto is great. I think he might be my favourite character under your pen, or keyboard.

Oh, and one more thing. When those SHIELD agents burst in on Magneto and Mystique, wouldn't you think they'd just shoot first and ask questions later? Combine these guys with those stupid Mike and Craig guys, and you've got to wonder - how has the Helicarrier stayed in the air this whole time?

Bobby's sister? Interesting.
Indeed. :)

There is the odd grammar mistake in the last three chapters. Remember your "you're" and your "your".
Bah! That always happens to me. Stoopid inglesh languesh.

Beast reminds me far too much of King Solomon from Tom Strong. I think you're trying to make him sound too smart now, which makes some of his dialogue kind of corny.
I shall work on it, thanks.

And Magneto is great. I think he might be my favourite character under your pen, or keyboard.
Thanks a lot! :D

Oh, and one more thing. When those SHIELD agents burst in on Magneto and Mystique, wouldn't you think they'd just shoot first and ask questions later? Combine these guys with those stupid Mike and Craig guys, and you've got to wonder - how has the Helicarrier stayed in the air this whole time?
That's a very good question. NEXT!

I liked it. Magneto is your strength as is Fury.

Wolverine punching him and spitting on him? I never seen someone do both.

MIKE AND CRAIG!? Screw you then. :(

EXM33.jpg

Essential X-Men #33
Written & Cover by Ice

"Magneto Returns" Part 4 of 4

It's finally here! The conclusion to the already crazy arc! The X-Men try and track down Magneto to finally get him back in his cell. Will they succeed? But the real problem is that at the end of the day, one X-Man says good-bye to team…possibly for good.

Release Date: 1/27/07

PREVIOUSLY IN ESSENTIAL X-MEN:

After the second confrontation with Magneto, the X-Men had no choice but to let Magneto escape their grasp with some mutant prisoners from S.H.I.E.L.D.'s Prisoner Bay, along with Mystique as well. But now, Magneto isn't their only problem as now they have to deal with Iceman's sister!

EXM33.jpg

ESSENTIAL X-MEN #33

MAGNETO RETURNS

PART 4 OF 4

"DEPARTION FOR ALL"

S.H.I.E.L.D. Hellicarrier-

Jean held Iceman's sister in a telekinetic bubble after putting her to sleep with a psychic thought.

"Explain yourself! What do you mean she's your sister?" questioned Cyclops as he stood up, and holding his left shoulder. The team stood silence as they, too, waited for Iceman to explain what he was talking about. Everyone had a confused look on their faces, showing that no one ever knew Iceman had any siblings. Not even the professor.

"We must not waste any more time with this. We have much more grave matter at the moment. Magneto must be tracked down and stopped," Xavier stepped in. "Iceman, you will explain this on the way."

"You're not out of the woods yet, Professor. Magneto was your friend? The skeletons just keep falling out of the closet don't they? The files, this…anything else you're not telling us? How could you expect us to function as a team when you're not even laying out the whole deck on the table?" Cyclops dealt out more questions as his trust for Xavier grew slimmer.

Xavier gave Cyclops a snake-eye stare before replying to him, saying, "To the Blackbird everyone. Now. Iceman, grab who you call your sister. She will come with us for the time being."

"And of Nicholas here, Professor Xavier?" Beast asked.

"Not our problem anymore. Quickly, I believe Magneto might have head to Genosha. By now, he will already have found a way to get there."

A few minutes later
The Blackbird-

Cyclops and Beast sat in the pilot seats as everyone else sat in the back passenger seats.

"I'm still waiting for my answer, Drake. How is she your sister?" Cyclops broke the silence with his further questioning on their new…"companion". "You've never mentioned having any brothers or sisters before."

"I…I didn't really…"

"It's okay, you can tell us," Jean said, trying to sooth Iceman's nervousness.

With a heavy sigh, Iceman began his story, "Auroro Drake. The last time I saw her I was eleven years old. She always talked about working for S.H.I.E.L.D. one day. She was interning for them. She was 20 at that time. One night she went to work and never came back."

"S.H.I.E.L.D. seems to be all over the place," Colossus added.

"Tell me about it," Wolverine said.

"So what was she, like some family embarrassment? Why did you never mention anything about her?" Jean took her turn in asking.

"It's a part of my life I didn't ever want to mention. I never thought I'd see her again," Iceman answered as he lowered his head in shame.

Beast folded one arm and tapped his hand on his cheek. He kept humming while he concentrated on a train of thought. Finally, he spoke to Iceman, "So your sister's mutant ability must be either the manipulation of light from say a light bulb perhaps, or the ability to control light at any given time as you do with ice and able to manipulate the cold around you. That blast she hit Cyclops here was enough for me to reach this conclusion after some thought."

"I've never seen my sister have mutant powers. I guess that would be why she was locked up with the other mutants," Iceman thought.

"Why did she not recognize you? There's something about her presence that just gives off some kind of…aura. What could that mean?" Jeans wondered.

"I don't know. I'm still wondering the same thing. You can get in her mind, can't you Professor? You can find out what's wrong with her. You can help her!"

"I'm sorry, Iceman. I do not think that's a wise choice right now," Xavier declined.

"Come on! If this was any of us, you'd do it in a heartbeat! This is my sister, here. Please!" cried out Iceman. Xavier hesitated, but Jean gave him a nod, assuring she would help him as well examine Auroro.

"Stay quiet, please."

Taking their time going into Auroro's mind, Xavier and Jean both began to show what looked like struggle. After finishing looking into her mind, or some of it, they both left Auroro's mind, giving out a big gasp, as if coming out the water from being under it some time.

"Well, what's wrong?"

"Her mind…so much confusion, clutterness. There are thought's that are not her own," Jean told Iceman.

"She's been brainwashed? I bet this was Fury's fault!" Iceman yelled out.

"Calm down, Iceman. It's better to take things one step at a time," Storm mentioned.

"If your coordinates are correct, Professor, we should reach Genosha in an ETA of 20 minutes now," Cyclops spat out.

Later, in Genosha-

Magneto walked out to the balcony from his old home. Beside him stood Mystique and another man with long brown hair that was held in a pony tail. The man wore a black suit with an insignia under his left shoulder that was with the letter "B". A crowd gathered to see Magneto and cheered for his return.

"Thank the heavens! Our lord has returned!"

"All hail Magneto!"

"Magneto was right!"

"Thank you very much for your services, Slipstream. You shall be a fine asset to my new Brotherhood," Magneto congratulated his new member.

"You helped me escape that hell-hole of a prison. I am at your services," Slipstream said back in confidence. Magneto overlooked the crowd as they kept cheering for his return.

"Take this in. This is what will feel like to be gods when our mission will be complete," Magneto assured them. But there's never a party that does not have its crasher. Just when Magneto was settling in to his life once again, it all came to end when a bright red flash came towards them and hit the balcony, making it break off and come crashing down towards the crowd. Everyone ran back to safety as Magneto caught Mystique in time in one of his magnetic field bubbles, with Slipstream flying back and avoiding the fall.

"Who dares strike at Magneto?!" He yelled out as he looked around. When he looked up, he received his answer without a word said. The X-Men had arrived and Cyclops was in the air with Jean at his side holding him up. Iceman came sliding out with Beast, and Storm came flying out carrying Wolverine and Colossus to the ground with a strong wind current. Magneto lowered himself and Mystique to the ground as the other X-Men landed down as well.

"We will fight for you, lord Magneto!" One of the followers shouted out from the crowd behind him.

"No. This fight has already been won. Do you X-Men believe I would not have thought you would follow suit?" Magneto posed the question at the X-Men.

Not understanding what Magneto meant, Cyclops asked him, "What are you babbling about now?" Magneto didn't reply to him, but simply turned pointed behind the team. Cyclops turned around to see a portal opening up with Slipstreaming coming out. He quickly made portals around the X-Men and took them far away, with coming back and doing the same thing with the Blackbird.

The next thing the X-Men noticed they were on some island, with the Blackbird landed next to them.

"Where are we?" Colossus asked.

Cyclops began to reply, "I don't know, but we're going right back to Magneto and-". Before he could even finish, an earthquake was felt and a piece of land was rising into the air.

It was Genosha.

Risen about a couple of thousand feet into the air, they saw a shield come over the whole land, covering it completely from one end to the other. Genosha had now fully become sealed.

"How is that possible?" Storm asked frighten by what she saw. Before anyone could even venture a guess, Genosha had flown up even further, disappearing into the atmosphere, and possibly even to space.

"So…we still going after Magneto?" Iceman asked, trying to lighten up the situation. Right after he asked his rhetorical question, the Blackbird's hangar came down, with Xavier coming out, followed by Auroro.

"Bo-Bobby? Is that you?"

"Auroro!" Iceman yelled as he ran to her and hugged her.

"Oh God…Bobby, what's going on? Where are we? Where's mom and dad?" Auroro asked with a scared tone.

"It's a long story. A five year long story."

Later on
Back at the Xavier Institute-

The X-Men landed the Blackbird into their underground hangar hidden under the basketball court. As they got up and walked out to head back upstairs to wind down, Bobby walked with his sister outside to talk for a few minutes. Afterwards, he called everyone outside for a very important announcement.

"What do ya want, runt? Games about to start an' my beer ain't gettin' any colder," Logan told him.

"Good-bye," Bobby simply said. Confused by what he meant, they all looked at him with crazy stares.

"Uh, run that by us one more time," Jean jumped in.

"That's just it. Good-bye. I'm leaving. I'm leaving the school and I'm leaving the team."

"Preposterous!" Xavier yelled out. "You are in no manner to simply leave here as you wish like that."

"Well you're not the one who had a sister brainwashed! I know! I had the same thing happen to me," Bobby butted back.

"You were simply mind controlled, not brainwashed. They're quite actually two entirely different matters, really," Hank said.

"Stuff it, fur ball! Listen, you can't stop me. Well, okay. So Jean and the Professor can. And Ororo. And Scott. And I guess you, too Hank. Probably Peter. Not so sure on Logan, though. But whatever. I'm leaving. My sister needs help and the last place to help her out is a place like this. No offense, Professor, but with what we do here, and what goes on, I just want her to be helped in a better environment."

Jean again came in and asked, "And what about your parents? Shouldn't they know about their own daughter's return?"

"I'll write them a letter or something. For now, I'm just going to help my sister get better." Iceman stared at everyone as they stood in front of the steps. He couldn't help but shed a tear as he was about to leave the new family he's made over the past few months.

"Good-bye," he said one final time as he took his sister with him and slid off into the distance. No one said anything. Not even a peep out of Logan. Everyone headed back inside slowly, with Xavier last to follow. The sun was still out, and Xavier's shadow grew large on the lawn. But as he went back in, mysteriously enough, his shadow still loomed on the ground.

"And thus, the downfall begins," The shadow spoke.

X---END---X

Next: The Brood are coming! The Brood are coming!

Last edited:
A few words out of place, but a pretty good chapter. Bobby leaving the team was a shock, and I like my surprises being actual surprises.

Auroro/Ororo seems to be a popular name, huh?

# 33:

There isn't much for me to say that hasn't been said before:
-As always, excellent dialogue; you know these characters and it shows.
-Your ability to describe actions and environments still needs work. I'm noticing you are attempting to work on that side of the craft and its great that you're streching yourself, but as cruel as it sounds it still doesn't have the flare that a great writer needs. There are many elements in the writing that could be better written, some descriptive points are tad too clunky. I could only reccomend that you reread it and find new ways to tell the story.

EXM34.jpg

Essential X-Men #34
Written & Cover by Ice

"Invasion of the Brood kind" Part 1 of 4.

Iceman has left. A lawsuit is coming to Xavier. Trust between the X-Men and their Professor dwindles downward in a spiral by the second. Can this get any worse? Oh, does an ALIEN INVASION answer that question?! The Brood are coming to earth to make it its new home, and the X-Men better act fast while they still can!

This chapter also includes a back-up story that involves the questions that still loom. Why did the president want Kelly to be found so badly? Who IS the president of the United States? These question become answered right here!

Release date: 2/6/07

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back