Fables series discussion (spoilers)

Jack of Fables is probably the worst Vertigo comic I have ever read.

Wow. Is that a pretty widespread consensus? I had in queued up to read eventually but maybe I won't bother.

I already kind of felt like I get enough Fables in the main book. I don't really need any more.

Wow. Is that a pretty widespread consensus? I had in queued up to read eventually but maybe I won't bother.

I already kind of felt like I get enough Fables in the main book. I don't really need any more.

I think more people dislike it than like it. Jack just isn't a very interesting main character and the supporting cast were pretty boring as well.

All you really need is Fables anyway.

I haven't bought any of the Fables trades since the end of the war. does get it get any better after that? or should I be happy not knowing and stick with what I got and not bother buying the trades.

I haven't bought any of the Fables trades since the end of the war. does get it get any better after that? or should I be happy not knowing and stick with what I got and not bother buying the trades.

It has been OK. No better, no worse...maybe slightly less interesting. I could see the war as a good jumping off point. I'm still reading it myself.

I think some of the ideas that have stemmed after the war have been good, but you can tell that the arcs aren't as well planned as they were during the actual war.

Willingham wrote a book based in the Fables verse called Peter and Max. It was really well done, and ties into the war. It's something you can tell he wanted to add to the series, but would have taken up too much real estate.

I keep recommending this to friends and want them to borrow them like they did The Walking Dead but then I just realize it's a lot more work with trying to understand Jack and The Crossover story. Hated that.

I think the series is still good. I guess I'm just gonna keep reading cause I'm waiting on Blue to show up again.

The current story with Therese ruling Toyland seems to be coming together a little tighter with issue 117. And I like what they did with Dare's old toys.

Mark Buckingham is under appreciated. One of my all time favorites.

The series really fell apart as it went on. I hated Babe too. I loved Jack's son and MacDuff: particularly how they took over the book. But it just stopped working soon after.

I was initially enthralled by this series, which had some excellent story arcs and interesting character development. I have to agree though, somewhere along the line whole premise started to wear a little thin. I don't know if they ran out of ideas, or the concept had just ran its course. Either way, I stopped reading soon after the Arabian Night characters showed up. Just got bored.

#118 was really good. One of the better and more memorable issues in quite a while.

In it, it is revealed that the broken toys have all been exiled because of their involvement in childrens' deaths. Accidential suffocation, fire, and other accidents. And it is revealed that every queen brought to them dies.

I just read #120 and was disturbed...I didn't see that happening to Darien at all. This whole Cubs In Toyland arc has been bleak and depressing, but in a good way - it's probably the best arc since the end of the battle with the Adversary.

Ultimate Houde said:
I agree, that was not what I expected at all. I wonder who will save Theresa now.

If anyone. It kind of seems like she is slowly becoming acclimated into her new role.

I would like to see each of the kids spread out and take on similar jobs like hers. Maybe unite a bunch of fringe kingdoms or something.

Don't forget about the prophecy

The first child will be a king.
The second child a pauper.
The third will do an evil thing.
The fourth will die to stop her.
The fifth will be a hero bold.
The sixth will judge the rest.
The seventh lives to ages old, and is by heaven blessed

The, obviously, Darien is the one who died, but what is he trying to stop?

I enjoy reading Fables in a volume, when I read it monthly, I miss too much.

Ultimate Houde said:
Don't forget about the prophecy

The first child will be a king.
The second child a pauper.
The third will do an evil thing.
The fourth will die to stop her.
The fifth will be a hero bold.
The sixth will judge the rest.
The seventh lives to ages old, and is by heaven blessed

The, obviously, Darien is the one who died, but what is he trying to stop?

I enjoy reading Fables in a volume, when I read it monthly, I miss too much.

Yeah, agreed.

I wonder if stopping her isn't meaning stopping her from doing something evil...maybe from becoming something evil? Therese kind of seems like she's starting on a downward spiral...maybe his death shocks her back to reality? I don't know, but it seems like we don't get cool long term puzzles to work out like this in comics anymore, so I'm glad to have it.

RE: 121...Therese is pretty awesome. Although I am wondering if it is still possible she's the one that does the evil thing and even though she did great things in Toyland it changed her somehow, and she has ulterior motives coming home.

Latest posts

Back