Fallout 3 & miscellaneous Fallout talk

-Title does say "Fallout"

BS. If I made a Watchman sequel, and made it into some lame pure action, no shooter piece of crap, it wouldn't be considered Watchman. FO3 is NOT Fallout. They can call it that, but it isn't.
-This is part of the Fallout series; thus Fallout is a "FPS with some slapped on top RPG elements."
Fallout is NOT a FPS with RPG elements. Fallout is a turn based RPG, with at least an attempt at well written dialogue, and is targeted towards the hardcore RPG fanbase. FO3 is none of these.

-True in terms of form, but have you ever looked at the story as a decagon? In that shape it is ****ing brilliant!

A story is more than just path A to B. It is characters you can relate, a series of events that touch you. Stories are a message, a way on the author's part to teach something.

FO3 does not have a good story in any way, shape, or form. If it was published, it would quickly be scorned. It would of had been the Eragon of Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi.

At any Korean restaurant pretending to be cowmeat
If you're going to insult Asian cuisine, do it correctly.

That's the Chinese, not the Koreans.

And I say that as someone who hates the Korean immigrants here than he does the Chinese.

If you're going to insult Asian cuisine, do it correctly.

That's the Chinese, not the Koreans.

And I say that as someone who hates the Korean immigrants here than he does the Chinese.

Yeah over here at least people say it about both Korean and Chinese food. Wasn't meant as an insult sorry you took it that way. It was just meant as a joke.

Last edited:
Yeah over here at least people say it about both Korean and Chinese food. Wasn't meant as an insult sorry you took it that way. It was just meant as a joke.
I wasn't insulted.

I meant, be semi-accurate if you're gonna be politically incorrect. :p

I wasn't insulted.

I meant, be semi-accurate if you're gonna be politically incorrect. :p

Ah when I saw "insult Asian cuisine" I thought I offended you.

I guess it's all cool. *hugs Ourchair*

So I just started playing Fallout 3 and I'm trying to figure out how to leave the Vault without killing the Overseer. Every time I get there the guards attack me and don't stop until I kill them, and then he does the same. I've tried Google searching the problem but all the results are just "I killed the Overseer then shot all the guards in the face and Amata hahaha I'm a bastard", or just mentioned that they didn't kill the Overseer but don't say how. Anybody know?

So I just started playing Fallout 3 and I'm trying to figure out how to leave the Vault without killing the Overseer. Every time I get there the guards attack me and don't stop until I kill them, and then he does the same. I've tried Google searching the problem but all the results are just "I killed the Overseer then shot all the guards in the face and Amata hahaha I'm a bastard", or just mentioned that they didn't kill the Overseer but don't say how. Anybody know?

Talk to him before he goes hostile.

Meh, so far I'm pretty disappointed with the game. I'm in Megaton right now and the confrontation between Mr. Burke and Sherrif Simms is retarded. No matter what I do, Simms falls down dead for no reason or just disappears and I find him dead later. Why does nobody in town care that some random guy just killed the ****ing Sherrif and is trying to blow up the town? Why does Burke just stand there when I shoot him?

Shooting a character in the head five or six times probably won't kill them, but if it does, their head cleanly pops off as if sliced off with a sword. Who the **** is programming this?

Last edited:
Meh, so far I'm pretty disappointed with the game. I'm in Megaton right now and the confrontation between Mr. Burke and Sherrif Simms is retarded. No matter what I do, Simms falls down dead for no reason or just disappears and I find him dead later. Why does nobody in town care that some random guy just killed the ****ing Sherrif and is trying to blow up the town? Why does Burke just stand there when I shoot him?

Shooting a character in the head five or six times probably won't kill them, but if it does, their head cleanly pops off as if sliced off with a sword. Who the **** is programming this?

You not tell Simms about Burke.

That way he won't go to Burke and die.

The game is still retarded. Don't deny it. Let your logic prevail! Play Planescape: Torment! You know you must! You must! You must!

The DLC is comming to the PS3 now. Cool.

Mothership Zeta sounds like fun too.

I never got him hostile to me. I simply avoided killing the guards, or letting the radroaches keep them busy. It's all about choosing your route, don't go anywhere that is red basically, that's where the guards are.

Can someone tell me where dogmeat is?

I'm slow on this, but he's in the Scrapyard.

The DLC is comming to the PS3 now. Cool.

Mothership Zeta sounds like fun too.

Bout damn time.

When is it coming?

I never got him hostile to me. I simply avoided killing the guards, or letting the radroaches keep them busy. It's all about choosing your route, don't go anywhere that is red basically, that's where the guards are.

As I recall, I would be able to get to him without encountering a single guard sometimes, but the conversation would always end with him trying to kill me.

Brilliant. Never would have thought of that.:roll:

I shouldn't have to not play part of the game I want to play because the game has decided to cheat. Telling Simms about Burke is exactly what my character would do, and a crucial plot point. Randomly turning his back on an armed genocidal mobster is NOT what the Sheriff would do. I can't tell you how much that part of the game pissed me off. I think I finally got past this part by blowing Burke away in mid-sentence while he was still talking to Simms. Which drove me crazy because of how retarded and undramatic the situation would be. Not that anyone in the bar batted an eye.

I'm slow on this, but he's in the Scrapyard.

Bout damn time.

When is it coming?

Some point in the up comming weeks. Either next weak or the week after, But the first one is sometime in july.

First Operation:Anchorage and then the Pitt some ,time after that and then Broken steel sometime after that. Then we get the latest two, Point Lookout and Mothership Zeta(which hasn't come out yet).

I shouldn't have to not play part of the game I want to play because the game has decided to cheat. Telling Simms about Burke is exactly what my character would do, and a crucial plot point. Randomly turning his back on an armed genocidal mobster is NOT what the Sheriff would do. I can't tell you how much that part of the game pissed me off. I think I finally got past this part by blowing Burke away in mid-sentence while he was still talking to Simms. Which drove me crazy because of how retarded and undramatic the situation would be. Not that anyone in the bar batted an eye.

I do tend to agree with you here, my first character was a backstabber, someone who sweet talked people, but that opportunity hardly presents in the game.

But I still managed to have fun in the game.

Except that he's not a Sherrif. He's a dumbass playing dressup and the rest of the town goes along with it because no one else wants to stand up and take any responsibility for whats going on in the town. And I don't know about the rest of you but when I played I opened fire on Burke and all hell broke loose in town. All of town.

It ended badly for me.

Latest posts

Back