Fantastic Four by Jonathan Hickman (#570-611) (spoilers)

Re: Fantastic Four #570-588 (Hickman/Eaglesham/others) Spoilers.

And fifthded.

I read the entire thing from the beginning a couple weeks ago and it's so smooth. There's a lot going on but everything flows well. An omnibus would be perfect.

We should just make it a comic board law that this omnibus must be bought or be punished with the worst punishment ever.

I don't buy omnibuses.

I have only recently become addicted to them.

They are too big and expensive for me. I am a reader, not a collector.

They are too big and expensive for me. I am a reader, not a collector.

I must be doing it backward. I buy them because I'm a reader, not a collector. If I was a collector I'd buy the issues and get them slabbed and store them in a safe.

I just read #588. Firstly, Mark Brooks' art was good, right? The "nooooooooo"s were probably unfounded.

Secondly, what a beautiful little comic this is. Very heartwarming. I really started to get emotional when Val writes "KILL ANNIHILUS" on the board. Great epilogue.

I just read #588. Firstly, Mark Brooks' art was good, right? The "nooooooooo"s were probably unfounded.

Secondly, what a beautiful little comic this is. Very heartwarming. I really started to get emotional when Val writes "KILL ANNIHILUS" on the board. Great epilogue.
Brooks was great as always.

I enjoyed it but I had some questions: What was that thing Reed took to Annihilus? What was happening in Latveria? And why would the Hulk and Thor be in possession of one of Johnny's holographic wills, and why did Ben get mad (other than it being an emotionally raw time for him, of course)?

Reed took the ultimate nullifier to Annihilus, to threaten him for Johnny (or at least, Johnny's body).

It's possible that Hulk and Thor were given it by Reed to bring Ben in? I don't know. As for why Ben got mad - It's not so much that he got mad, but rather, he was angry, and blaming himself, and Thor and Hulk transform specifically so that Thing can hit them. He's had no one to really hit, and they can take it, so they let him get it out of his system to some extent. Ben didn't "get" mad, he was mad.

Yeah, I knew he was mad, but I hadn't considered that angle of just letting him vent. I thought they said or did something to rile him. That certainly makes more sense.

I think it was mentioned in the newest ASM that Johnny left individual messages for everyone. Maybe Reed gave Ben's, specifically, to Thor and Hulk because he knew they'd be able to handle him if he went off?

2011-03-28.jpg

Yeah, I knew he was mad, but I hadn't considered that angle of just letting him vent. I thought they said or did something to rile him. That certainly makes more sense.

I think it was mentioned in the newest ASM that Johnny left individual messages for everyone. Maybe Reed gave Ben's, specifically, to Thor and Hulk because he knew they'd be able to handle him if he went off?

Interesting. Will check out ASM to see!

I enjoyed it but I had some questions: What was that thing Reed took to Annihilus? What was happening in Latveria? And why would the Hulk and Thor be in possession of one of Johnny's holographic wills, and why did Ben get mad (other than it being an emotionally raw time for him, of course)?

In Latveria Doom was announcing Kristoff's ascension to the position of ruler.

I've not read Future Foundation but I've finally found the money to start collecting Hickman's run, having loved Nightly News.

A lot of thoughts about this, but one thing that strikes me about his version of Fantastic Four is how it's a lot less humorous than the stories that have preceded his work.

Not a major negative, but it takes getting used to.

I've not read his other work. I tried to get into SECRET WARRIORS and SHIELD but I couldn't. I'll be giving them another shot at some point.

I've not read his other work. I tried to get into SECRET WARRIORS and SHIELD but I couldn't. I'll be giving them another shot at some point.

Secret Warriors starts off well and then just gets needlessly complicated. SHIELD starts off even more complicated but is a fun read if you stick with it.

But you really should try Nightly News. I love it.

Re: Fantastic Four by Jonathan Hickman (#570+) (spoilers)

FANTASTIC FOUR #605.1
JONATHAN HICKMAN (w) • MIKE CHOI (a/C)
"THE FOUR"
• The Secret History of the Fantastic Four
• Everything starts just like you remember...
• It ends like something completely different.
32 PGS./Rated T …$2.99

This sounds cool! I wonder how it meshes with the origin revelation from the short JMS run from a few years ago.

Latest posts

Back