Fantastic Four by Jonathan Hickman (#570-611) (spoilers)

Re: Fantastic Four #570+ (Hickman/Eaglesham) Spoilers.

He most likely got infested with those control bugs that were introduced in the Annhilation War.

As I was reading, I felt it was easy to predict who was going to die. But what has me shaking my head in the issue is the fact Sue Storm is a Queen now, which made little sense to me.

Oh man. Goosebumps.

ffwhoa.jpg

#588 has Mark Brooks on art! Nooooooooo!

I don't. :(

You don't care for Mark Brooks' art?

I hate it. He did an Ultimate Spidey Annual that was awful.

I hate it. He did an Ultimate Spidey Annual that was awful.

He did two USM Annuals actually (and the cover for the third), and he traded off on art with Pasqual Ferry for a while on UFF while Mike Carey was writing it. And he did the last arc of Ultimate X-Men

And I like his stuff.
I'm not even sure what his stuff looks like.
Very cartoony.

Last edited:

There is some really nice stuff in his DA, and this pic you posted looks really good, but I have to agree his work in the USM Annual was awful (as was his work on that ASM arc with Mike Deodato and JMS). I actually find it hard to believe it's the same person +_+

It really is the same guy. Maybe he had very little time to do those comics. I can't say. But I don't recall the art being bad when I read them.

Re: Fantastic Four #570-588 (Hickman/Eaglesham/others) Spoilers.

#588 was a wonderful send off issue into the new FF series. I really liked that it was a silent issue (not including the back-up story) and it worked perfectly. I am really impressed by how Hickman has handled this series and this issue, to me, was just more proof of what an incredible writer he is. Maybe I'm putting too much into it, but this is how I feel.

The best part was definitely Ben lashing out at Thor & Hulk and Hulk just taking it, understanding Ben's pain and loss. I honestly felt the pain. That's how you write a silent issue and still get the message across. The artist definitely understood how to do that scene properly.

The only thing I didn't like was Sue's face. It was just creepy in those few pages. Other than that, the artist did a great job.

Latest posts

Back