Fantastic Four Movie discussion (SPOILERS)

moonmaster said:
Btw, was anyone else annoyed by the blatant product placement? Ben hitting Johnny into a Burger King billboard? C'mon... :roll:
McDonalds paid them to write that in. :D

I saw the movie. I liked it a lot. I think Alba did a better job than expected, but not saying that it was "OH MY ****** GOD THAT WAS GREAT!". Evans and Gruffud did a hell of a job, and Chiklis, too. The voice didn't bother me, really. The movie wasn't as good as Spidey 2, but I enjoyed it more than Batman Begins (Saw a bootleg from someone I know).

I give it a 8.5/10.

I was supposed to see the movie today but my frien....ahem...aquanitances didn't bother to call me. I have no idea when I'll get the time to go check it out.

I could use some pity right about now. Anyone?

ourchair said:
Which part in the movie was that song played?
Right near the beginning, where Johnny is riding his motorcycle alongside the car and kissing the girl in it.

As for the product placement, if that hadn't happened outside the extreme sports thing, I would agree. But a lot of those events (and sporting in general to a certain extent) are so heavily advertised at, it didn't really bother me.

I saw it earlier today. I had read about 5 reviews (all awful) before going in and was expecting complete crap. I was happy to find that it wasn't an utter disaster, but it wasn't a great movie either. The inner child in me accepted all the gags (dalmation covering his eyes, Thing burping, Toilet humor), and the fanboy in me was able to enjoy the film for what it was, with only a few major gripes (Alba's god-awful acting, the whole Doom origin storyline with all the businessmen was just stupid) By the way, almost everyone in the theatre clapped when Stan Lee came about (didn't realize that many people knew him). B-

Another weird little thing I noticed about the movie... most of the bits from the trailers didn't have the exact dialogue as in the movie. Like when Reed used his hand to open the door, it went from "Can we all agree that's gross?" to "That's gross." And the Thing hurling that woman's car went from "Not a problem!" to "That's not gonna be a problem!" if I remember right.

They always change the content of the trailer and movie though.

I saw it, and it wasn't as great as I thought it would be. That, and there was a handicap guy yelling out and two annoying kids jumping on the seats.

I liked a lot. I think Alba did a good job. All the cast was perfect. I already figured McMahon could play a good villain when I used to watch him in Charmed.
The movie was pretty funny. The whole WoW from Reed when he saw Sue in her outfit and then went into Geek Mode. That was hilarous. The fights and when they used their powers were the best part. The Torch and Thing fight should of been longer. That was the best one. I actually felt the emotion in that one. I don't know about the Doom fight though. The fanboy in me wanted it to be longer, but it was more realistic that it wasn't. Think about it. 4 against 1. That's not good odds. I rate on the same level as X2 and the first Spider-Man. But the best part of the movie....

Jessica Alba in here underwear. :rockon: I would see it again just for that. I give a 8.

P.S. Batman was much better, but it was better than War Of The Worlds.

I loved this movie, the 10 year wait was worth it. I dont care what anybody else says, this movie was the perfect Fantastic Four movie. How long till DVD? HOW LONG?

René said:
I loved this movie, the 10 year wait was worth it. I dont care what anybody else says, this movie was the perfect Fantastic Four movie. How long till DVD? HOW LONG?
Right on brutha!

I wanna know how long too! TELL UUUUS!!! :twisted:

Just saw the movie. I liked it. I was a little dissapointed in the final battle though, but it was entertaining. 3 1/2 /5

jtg3885 said:
Another weird little thing I noticed about the movie... most of the bits from the trailers didn't have the exact dialogue as in the movie. Like when Reed used his hand to open the door, it went from "Can we all agree that's gross?" to "That's gross." And the Thing hurling that woman's car went from "Not a problem!" to "That's not gonna be a problem!" if I remember right.
It's possible that those new lines are from alternate takes, as it is standard protocol to have multiple takes of the same scene for safety sake. That, or they reshot the scenes at pick-up shoots.

Oh and Johnny said, "Can we all agree that's disgusting?" in the trailers rather than "gross".

René said:
I can't wait for the DVD either.

If anyone has been as attentive to every single bit of buzz of this film as I have, then they'll notice which scenes were obviously deleted from the theatrical cut.

For example, we keep seeing the four standing side by side in their astronaut uniforms in trailers, but we never see that shot in the film, nor do we see Doom giving the speech before the flight launch declaring that "today we stand at the edge of a new frontier"

Also, several behind the scenes featurettes clearly show Ben emerging from a space capsule to embrace Deborah (which I think would help deepen Ben's pathos before they shoot it to hell with Alicia and the Cosmic Rays Ex Machina) and we also have Sue stating, "People want us to fight crime, solve their problems? We can't even solve our own."

Fantastic Four debuted at the U.S Box Office with 56 million dollars, ending the 19 WEEK slump at the U.S. Box Office, in that, for 19 consecutive weekends, the combined money made from the top ten of the weekend was less than that of 2004. Whew. :rockon:

After seeing this film, I've decided to start collecting Fantastic Four. I like J.M.S., so I just bought #527 and #528 and that's how I'm going to start. :D

FF made 6 mill at the U.S. Box Office Monday.

At www.comicscontinuum.com Chiklis mentions that they could start a sequel as early as next Spring.

I forgot to point out that in the Movie Novelization, there's a huuuge Alicia scene not in the film that hints at a future Puppet Master as a villain, but I'm pretty sure that's not who they'd choose for a sequel.

ultimatedjf said:
FF made 6 mill at the U.S. Box Office Monday.

At www.comicscontinuum.com Chiklis mentions that they could start a sequel as early as next Spring.

I forgot to point out that in the Movie Novelization, there's a huuuge Alicia scene not in the film that hints at a future Puppet Master as a villain, but I'm pretty sure that's not who they'd choose for a sequel.
What other villains could be introduced in the sequel? We know Doom will be a big player in the next film, but maybe he enlists some help or something. Who could be future villains for the sequels?

Irish_4204 said:
What other villains could be introduced in the sequel? We know Doom will be a big player in the next film, but maybe he enlists some help or something. Who could be future villains for the sequels?
I'm going with the Thinker and the Puppet Master.

One villain to resonate with Reed's themes of thinking/doing, of channeling his genius into actual accomplishments and developing the resolve that makes him a leader.

The other villain to resonate with Ben, but the movie-ization of Puppet Master's powers would allow him to generate illusions and stuff. Compound and I just developed some ideas for Ultimate Puppet Master but I'll post about it after class.

:rockon: :rockon:1500 POSTS!:rockon: :rockon:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back