Fantastic Four Reboot

How do we know this movie even exists?

This thread at TigerDroppings.com offers some interesting insight into the Fantastic Four reboot, Trank's behavior on set, etc. It may not be true, however given the lack of marketing and the reshoots, it seems at least some of it may be accurate.

Also, the poster RonBurgundy offers some further insight on the bad blood between Marvel/Disney and Fox, specifically how when Fox asked for an extension of the Daredevil film rights contract (I think this was in 2012), Marvel agreed as long as Fox would relinquish the film rights to Silver Surfer and Galactus (possibly so they could be used in Guardians of the Galaxy or another cosmic film, perhaps Captain Marvel or Inhumans). Fox refused, kept the Silver Surfer and Galactus rights, and thus Marvel got Daredevil back.

Apparently, and understandably, Fox was also sore at the fact they lost the rights to all but Ep IV of the Star Wars films when Lucasfilm was bought by Disney.

Anyway, it's an interesting read.

This thread at TigerDroppings.com offers some interesting insight into the Fantastic Four reboot, Trank's behavior on set, etc. It may not be true, however given the lack of marketing and the reshoots, it seems at least some of it may be accurate.

Also, the poster RonBurgundy offers some further insight on the bad blood between Marvel/Disney and Fox, specifically how when Fox asked for an extension of the Daredevil film rights contract (I think this was in 2012), Marvel agreed as long as Fox would relinquish the film rights to Silver Surfer and Galactus (possibly so they could be used in Guardians of the Galaxy or another cosmic film, perhaps Captain Marvel or Inhumans). Fox refused, kept the Silver Surfer and Galactus rights, and thus Marvel got Daredevil back.

Apparently, and understandably, Fox was also sore at the fact they lost the rights to all but Ep IV of the Star Wars films when Lucasfilm was bought by Disney.

Anyway, it's an interesting read.

This sounds like a mess of epic proportions.

A buddy of mine was on the crew. Trank showed up to set late or so high he couldn't speak almost everyday. Some days he didn't show up at all. He treated crew terribly. He trashed the house the production company rented for him. From what I'm told he did a couple hundred grand worth of damage.

Fox is still saying they are behind the film and that the reshoots are normal, but what else are they going to say?

This is interesting. I didn't Fox still had the rights to Episode IV. I wonder how this might affect future reissues of the films (like box sets).

This sounds like a mess of epic proportions. Fox is still saying they are behind the film and that the reshoots are normal, but what else are they going to say? This is interesting. I didn't Fox still had the rights to Episode IV. I wonder how this might affect future reissues of the films (like box sets).

I believe Fox still retains a certain percentage of the rights to A New Hope, since they originally financed and distributed it. They did so for Empire and RotJ as well, but since ANH was such a huge success Lucas was able to finance those films more through Lucasfilm (I think). Fox has always kept the rights to Episode IV (they'd be insane to give them up), but the rights are minimal, and I don't think it prevents Disney from releasing new box sets or anything, though I may be wrong. Either way, Fox still gets a cut of every DVD/Bluray sold of A New Hope.

New Fantastic Four Details & BTS Photo With Michael B. Jordan In Costume

10952276_723346821097118_2306666762487168240_n.png

There's nothing much of the movie to really judge. Its like 90% generic shots and a voiceover you could almost plop into any other...anything.

There's nothing much of the movie to really judge. Its like 90% generic shots and a voiceover you could almost plop into any other...anything.

I agree, but some of these shots are directly taken from Ultimate Fantastic Four. Some dead on even. I really hope it's not as boringly dark as this is making it (Chronicle took itself FAR too seriously and had really bad character work but hey, it was written by Max Landis, what do you expect?) and that the characters are actually likable (and that the acting is good), but other than that I really dug the heck out of this trailer.

Yeah, I'm actually a little interested in seeing it now. Dare I say it...I think this trailer was better than the one for Ant-Man. Whether the final film is better is obviously an entirely different story.

I thought the little tiny teaser and poster were better than the actual Ant-Man trailer.

Last edited:
There was a surprising lack of angry blogging. Isn't this movie about blogging angrily?

Latest posts

Back