Fantastic Four Reboot

Well, there went all my excitement. That dialogue is downright horrendous, the CGI is terrible, and the whole thing looks incredibly cheap.

I know everyone hated this a while back, but I dunno - it looks like it has promise. I'm cautiously optimistic.

I love everything in the trailers except reed. He is too young and not getting a "Smartest man in room vibe" he just seems there. Like he's more Peter Parker than Reed Richards.Might just be me. However the rest looks cool

I love everything in the trailers except reed. He is too young and not getting a "Smartest man in room vibe" he just seems there. Like he's more Peter Parker than Reed Richards.Might just be me. However the rest looks cool

I agree in a sense. I don't think it's so much about Reed's age (again, this film is based largely on the Ultimate Fantastic Four as opposed to the 616 version), but the fact Miles Teller has a sort of doughy face. Reed (both young and old) has always been portrayed (physically) as pretty lean and wiry. It just doesn't feel right. That said he'll probably do a decent job in the role, and it's easy to presume based on looks and then realize how wrong those presumptions were once you've seen the performance.

True but i was also going based on the acting in the scene that to me he doesnt seem smart or arrogant enough.

True but i was also going based on the acting in the scene that to me he doesnt seem smart or arrogant enough.

When was Reed arrogant? I mean eventually he got that way when he turned bad and created the City under Hickman's run, but he was never what I'd call arrogant early on, most especially before he got his powers. Maybe I need to re-read them, but I don't remember that at all.

As for the Reed's intelligence thing, I'm sure that'll be handled well in the film itself (the trailers are going for a mix of character introduction and set up with action). At least I'd hope so, since that's a defining aspect of the character.

No early on he was not but he has been for so many years i feel it's what people know, might be just me. Ah good point on trailer maybe it'll better I mean that was a problem with the last two movies

No early on he was not but he has been for so many years i feel it's what people know, might be just me. Ah good point on trailer maybe it'll better I mean that was a problem with the last two movies

When you say he has been for so many years you mean Ultimate Reed, right?

But yeah, even the character bio indicates Reed is an uber-prodigy. Hopefully they will translate that well into his dialogue and character actions in the film itself.

I do agree the trailers don't do a good job of portraying that, but the trailers don't really do a good job exploring or introducing any of the main characters well. It's more spectacle than substance in the trailers. Hoping the film itself delivers those necessary aspects of the characters that haven't yet been seen in the first couple trailers.

Yeah, that definitely shows Reed is at least portrayed similarly to the Ultimate version, at least in terms of the script (we'll see how Teller does in terms of his delivery).

Latest posts

Back