Fantastic Homoeroticism or "D/F"

ourchair

Does anybody know if any kind of homoerotic subtext has been written between Reed Richards and Doctor Doom, Ultimate or otherwise and inside or outside of fandom or the comics themselves?

I just realized that there's a surprising lack of homoerotic slashing for a couple so obviously filled with tense emotions for each other. Kinda like Kirk and Spock, Janeway and Seven of Nine or Harry Potter and Draco Malfoy.

Compound suggested that because distant genius minds like Richards and Doom are characterized as borderline asexual, fans are conditioned not to expect this kind of interpretation, but I disagree since many a Star Trek character has been slashed and those characters are the epitome of duty, logic and professionalism.

Any thoughts on D/F? or even comic book slash in general?

Maybe Doom only hates Reed because he know that he can never have him. Hey, I have an idea for a story: "Doom vs Sue: The Ultimate Catfight"
"Who will win Reed's heart? WHO!?"

This idea has been floating around fandom for a while, it could be a very interesting turn if done right. But as far as i'm concerned the Doom/Reed relationship is one of pure hatred and jeulosy, nothing else!

Ultxon said:
This idea has been floating around fandom for a while, it could be a very interesting turn if done right. But as far as i'm concerned the Doom/Reed relationship is one of pure hatred and jeulosy, nothing else!

I would %$#*ing hope so

Ultxon said:
Well, not many slash pairings are supposed to make sense. If Harry Potter slash fans get away with trying to pair him with Draco Malfoy (also a relationship of pure hatred and jealousy) then I'm surprised nobody has done so with Doom/Reed since they have a similar relationship as well.

Really, I know some of you, well, all of you are freaked out, but I thought it was an interesting point of discussion for those into the transgressive uses and appropriation of pop culture. Now that I think about it, comic book slash doesn't seem to appear as often as slash for anime and manga characters.

Norman's not really trying to kill Peter, he's still in that pigtail-pulling phase of juvenile attraction. S'why he threw Gwen off the bridge: so he could have Peter all to himself.

Ah, the innocence that was 1970's writing! I'm only joking of course. What teenage kid reading those issues whould have evr guessed that Green Goblin done more to Gwen then just throw her off a bridge.

Where in the hell would some one come up with thinking that Reed and Doom are gay? Seriously? The only person I know is Broadie and he's not even real.

René said:
Where in the hell would some one come up with thinking that Reed and Doom are gay? Seriously? The only person I know is Broadie and he's not even real.

Dude, if its on TV it must be real

As i said, the idea has been swiming around the net for along time. For all i know some guy just was a tad bored and said what can i do to really screw with marvel fans? Let's accuse Reed and Doom of being Lovers.

Latest posts

Back