Favorite Lines from Comics.

iceman said:
Human Torch gloating/making fun of Spiderman, Spiderman sneaking up on Human Torch

SM: Gloves ... leave no ... fingerprints.

Those 2 issues of FF were the funniest issues ever.
I just read those last night. Great stuff.

icemastertron said:
"Ever get the feeling you've been had?"

BEST. LINE. EVER. :D

It will be a crime if that doesn't win an award in the Ultimate Awards for this year.

my fav is in astonishing x-men #3 when beast and wolverine fight

beast: what am i supposed to do logan? wait until i'm lying in front of the students with a ball of string? i am a human being.

logan: wrong. your an x-man.
some weak sister in the freshman dorm wants to drop his powers i could care less. but an x-man... one of us caves and its over. its an endorsement stamp for every single mutant to be lined up and neutered and you know that. YOU KNOW THAT! so either you flush that junk down the john right now... or im gonna turn you into a throw-rug.

beast: little man...ENOUGH!

damn good dialouge if you ask me. :D

icemastertron said:
"Ever get the feeling you've been had?"

BEST. LINE. EVER. :D

Can somebody scan that page in? I want to see the expression on his face when he says it. :D

Some serious lines:

One of my favorite 'Watchmen' lines-

Dr. Manhatten: "...but the world is so full of people, so crowded with these miracles that they become commonplace and we forget...

I forget.

We gaze continually at the world and it grows dull in our perceptions. Yet seen from another's vantage point, as if new, it may still take the breath away.

Come...dry your eyes, for you are life, rarer than a quark and unpredictable beyond the dreams of Heisenberg; the clay in which the forces that shape all things leave their fingerprints most clearly.

Dry your eyes....and let's go home."

Some great lines from Batman: the Dark Knight Returns-

Batman: (while grabbing a man's foot from a hole in the floor) "Welcome to hell."

Batman: (with a gun to the back of his head) "There are seven working defenses from this position. Three of them disarm with minimal contact. Three of them kill. The other--" (Batman delivers a nasty kick to the man's midsection, possibly breaking his spine) "--hurts."

Batman: "The wind rises, tearing dead leaves free. Frogs croak like a cartoon car alarm. Crickets pick up the chorus. A wolf howls." (with a sudden smile on his face...) "I know how he feels.

Mooney, you need to read Miracleman. It's unbelievable.

But a personal favourite line of mine, from Millar's run on The Authority:

The Earth tries to kill all the people on it, because an old and evil man who was once The Doctor, convinces it that it will die if it doesn't. The Authority make a bargain. They evacuate the Earth, leaving only themselves on Earth along with the evil doctor, who has just told Earth not to stop its rampage, and in exchange, for sixty minutes, he gets transferred to him all of The Doctor's powers.

The Midnighter: "All right, you son of a *****. You've got your sixty minutes. Do your worst."

Evil Doctor: (looking at his fingernails) "Poofs first."

"Does a brief lesbian encounter at high school count?" - Engineer. :D

Millar had some good lines in that arc. I need to go find that one about gravity and his nuts.

beast: maybe scott and logan could fight on the lawn again. the kids love that.

logan: i aint up to nothing aint got the word "beer" in it.

beast: you could fight for beers.

logan: well now that dont sound too bad.

and later.....

emma: of course kitty thinks i'm mentally controlling everything you say...

scott: but your not right?

emma: you will never see me naked again.
:lol:

Am I going to be beat up for putting up DC quotes in here?

Cuz, I want to get out mah Giffen/DeMattias Justice League stuff to bring you folks some giggles.

and secondly, where the Hillbilly are the Deadpool quotes??! BRING ON THE DEADPOOL QUOTES!!!!!!!

Dr.Strangefate said:
Am I going to be beat up for putting up DC quotes in here?

Cuz, I want to get out mah Giffen/DeMattias Justice League stuff to bring you folks some giggles.

and secondly, where the Hillbilly are the Deadpool quotes??! BRING ON THE DEADPOOL QUOTES!!!!!!!
You can post DC if you want. We ain't preudice up in this joint, yo.

This isn't from a comic but a comic show so I figured it could go in here...

Batman and Superman are fighting a bunch of super-powered thugs.

Batman - "What do these guys want anyway?"

Superman - "To take over the world...or rob banks. I forget."

and...

Batman: You were a little hard on the boy scout, don't you think?

Superman: I thought I was the boy scout?

Batman: I did too, 'til I met Captain Marvel

Formerly Known as the Justice League

---------
Sue Dibny: You don't actually rate men on a scale of one to ten, do you?

Fire: Of course I do.

Sue: Don't you think that's a tad Juvenile--?-- Not to mention sexist?

Fire: You're only saying that because you're married to a four.

Sue: Excuse me?

Fire: Nothing to be ashamed of. I'm sure Ralph has his endearing qualities -- most of which escape me at the moment -- But you've got to admit - on the Physical level - he's a four.

Sue: I'll have you know that my husband is loving, compassionate... he has a wonderful sense of humor, he --

Fire: He's a four.

Sue: He has flexible body parts.

Fire: hmmmm... But how well does he use them?

Sue: How well does he...?!

Fire: See, a definite four. Now, Plastic Man--!--There's someone who knows how to --

Elongated Man: Hey, ladies - whatcha doing?

Sue: Oh my God... I'm married to a four!

EM: What'd you say, Sweetie?

Fire: (looking elsewhere) Now there's an eight!

EM: You're not doing that thing where you rate men on a scale of one to ten, are you, Sue?

Fire: Oh. Does she do that?

EM: All the time. It'd be embarrassing... except she always tells me i'm a perfect ten.

Fire: Perfect?

Sue: In his way...

EM: My wife, on the other hand, couldn't be rated-- Cause she's off the scale!

Sue: -:sigh,- Thats my Hubby!

EM: Well... gotta go talk t' Max.

Sue: (once Ralph's off-panel) He IS a four -- But I REALLY love him.

EM: WHAT DO YOU MEAN I'M A FOUR?!

Fire: He heard you.

Sue: y'think..?
-----------------

Less then a year later, Sue's character was retrospectively raped, and then killed. Coincidence? I think not!

this is from the Runaways 6. i thought it was just funny.

part of this is in spolier formate:
Victor has just been told his Orgins by Ultron, and Gert is left awake and is being squezzed to death. and her first reply is:

the line is: i 'ehn' should have known. nothing more Evil 'ehn' than a non-mac computer"

One from Supreme Power

Nighthawk to Hyperion: And what's the deal with guys like you having all the good powers? Flight, super strenght, damn near invulnerable, rays shootin' outta your eyes... How come the only brother in the bunch got the box that says "he can run really, really fast"... lame-***, useless power...

Latest posts

Back