Favorite Lines from Comics.

Ultimate_Bigby said:
One from Supreme Power

Nighthawk to Hyperion: And what's the deal with guys like you having all the good powers? Flight, super strenght, damn near invulnerable, rays shootin' outta your eyes... How come the only brother in the bunch got the box that says "he can run really, really fast"... lame-***, useless power...

Supreme Power's got some good lines. Can't wait for the next trade.

Marvel Team-Up #14:

Spider-Man: The name's Spider-Man, good to meet you.

Invincible: It's good to meet you--Waitaminute-- "Spider-Man?" Really? That's your name? Isn't that a little lame?

Spider-Man: You think? What's your name, Hair Boy?

Invincible: Invincible.

Spider-Man: Right. Well, I don't think you have a leg to stand on now. What the heck kinda name is that?! Do you think my name should be "Webbing?" Would that be cooler?

Invincible: I'm sorry, I didn't think you'd take offense.

Invincible: I really didn't mean to offends you--It's just that-- you've got spider-powers, right? So you go by Spider-Man...it just seems lazy.

Invincible: It'd be like if I had said--"He, I've got super powers...I'll be Super-Man." It's just not very creative... ...right? I mean, am I wrong?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

icemastertron said:
Marvel Team-Up #14:

Spider-Man: The name's Spider-Man, good to meet you.

Invincible: It's good to meet you--Waitaminute-- "Spider-Man?" Really? That's your name? Isn't that a little lame?

Spider-Man: You think? What's your name, Hair Boy?

Invincible: Invincible.

Spider-Man: Right. Well, I don't think you have a leg to stand on now. What the heck kinda name is that?! Do you think my name should be "Webbing?" Would that be cooler?

Invincible: I'm sorry, I didn't think you'd take offense.

Invincible: I really didn't mean to offends you--It's just that-- you've got spider-powers, right? So you go by Spider-Man...it just seems lazy.

Invincible: It'd be like if I had said--"He, I've got super powers...I'll be Super-Man." It's just not very creative... ...right? I mean, am I wrong?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Genius.

Spider-Man: Boy, I don't know what you Hand Ninjas use in your laundry but you guys smell like a garden of lilacs. It's really quite lovely.
I
ron Man: You ever get a whiff of Doctor Doom?

Spidey: Oh, I know! He hasn't washed that green cape of his since the Kree-Skrull war.

- New Avengers #12

And duh....

Wanda: No more mutants.....

- HoM #7

Victor Von Doom said:
Spider-Man: Boy, I don't know what you Hand Ninjas use in your laundry but you guys smell like a garden of lilacs. It's really quite lovely.
I
ron Man: You ever get a whiff of Doctor Doom?

Spidey: Oh, I know! He hasn't washed that green cape of his since the Kree-Skrull war.

- New Avengers #12

I love how he's writing Spidey's lines in NA.

Forgot this:

Invincible to New Avengers team (Iron Man, Wolverine, Captain America, Sentry, Spider-Woman and Luke Cage- in that order):

Invincible: Really--impressive, guys. Looking sharp. Really. Don't say anything--Let me guess. Okay, using "Spider-Man" as an indication of how you name yourselves--Let's see here...

Robot-Man

Claw-Man

Flag-Man

Fabio-Man

Bat-Woman

And uh...Black Man?

Line from Kingdom Come Book Two:

Superman: Someone told me your nights became free once Genosyde blew up Arkham Asylum and everyone in it.

Batman: Not to mention Belle Reve Prison and Blackgate. Not an action I'd condone, but tell me the thought of it doesn't give your invulnerable skin a little tingle.

"After all these years, you know it's not about control. it's about trying to do everything I can. And for you, it's about setting an example. Everyone looks up to you. If you tell them to fight, they'll fight. But they want to be inspired. And let's face it, "Superman,"...the last time you really inspried anyone... was when you were DEAD."

From the Superman cartoon show, Batman is interogating a thug
SM: "okay I think you've had enough"
puts a hand on Batman's arm Batman flips Superman across the room and goes back to interogating. An Supes comes back
SM: "They're right, you are crazy."

I love the lines from Ultimate Carnage

Clearly you are the textbook definition of that noise you make when you strum your finger up and down over your lips....

and

Aaaand exactly how many voices are rattling round in your head at the same time?

and the line that sold me on The Ultimates..

Hulk touch naked guy, like naked guy was touching Betty Ross!

icemastertron said:
Forgot this:

Invincible to New Avengers team (Iron Man, Wolverine, Captain America, Sentry, Spider-Woman and Luke Cage- in that order):

Invincible: Really--impressive, guys. Looking sharp. Really. Don't say anything--Let me guess. Okay, using "Spider-Man" as an indication of how you name yourselves--Let's see here...

Robot-Man

Claw-Man

Flag-Man

Fabio-Man

Bat-Woman

And uh...Black Man?

that was funny as hell

One-Liners

I saw another forum that had a topic about best one-liners. I don't know if there is another similar thread here, cuz I can't find one. Anyway, What are some of y'all favorites. Mine is:

"Billionaires don't get rich by being stupid, honey bun."
-Tony Stark

Re: One-Liners

There's one somewhere.

But hey, that one is a good line. :D

Edit: Here it is, Slam. Hope you like the other ones.

Last edited:
"I've become the perfect Faberge killing machine for a reason... and that reason is surely not to wave the flag of X-liberalism." - Emma Frost

Jean:"What makes you such a *****, Emma?"

Emma: "Breeding, darling. Top class breeding."

Do we see a trend here?

Favourite Comics Quote

"Existence is random. Has no pattern save what we imagine after staring at it for too long. No meaning save what we choose to impose. This rudderless world is not shaped by vague metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us. Streets stank of fire. The void breathed hard on my heart, turning its illusions to ice, shattering them. Was reborn then, free to scrawl own design on this morally blank world. Was Rorschach."
-Rorschach

*goes to find Jokers Song from the killing joke where he talks about insanity as exit to all your troubles*

oops searched da wrong words " : (

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back