Favourite Bat Family Incarnations?

Who are your favourite incarnations?

• Total voters

ProjectX2

Don't expect me to take you with me when I go to s
I thought this would be a neat poll. Basically, it's three polls in one. Vote for your favourite Batman, your favourite Robin and your favourite Batgirl.

Bruce Wayne - Batman
Jean-Paul Valley - former Azrael turned psychotic Batman
Dick Grayson - former Robin then Nightwing and now Batman

Dick Grayson - the original Robin
Jason Todd - the second Robin, killed by the Joker and brought back to life
Tim Drake - the third Robin, now Red Robin
Stephanie Brown - former Spoiler then fourth Robin and now Batgirl
Damian Wayne - son of Bruce and Talia, current Robin

Barbara Gordon - first Batgirl, now Oracle
Helena Bertinelli - second Batgirl, forced to abandon the mantle and now Huntress
Cassandra Cain - third Batgirl, now unknown
Stephanie Brown - former Spoiler, former Robin and now Batgirl

There are a few options missing but I think these are the main ones. If I included every minor appearance, the poll would be too long. Remember: vote for one Batman, one Robin and one Batgirl!

Last edited:
My choices:

Batman - Bruce Wayne, of course. He is THE Batman. The others are just replacements.

Robin - Tim Drake. While Tim and Damian (who is awesome) are really the only Robins I've been exposed to, Tim Drake has become one of my favourite characters. The moment in Identity Crisis when Batman and him race back to Tim's father is heart breaking. Tim has become a great character in his own right and it sucks that I'm not reading anything with him at the moment because I don't like this Red Robin nonsense and I don't even know what is happening with Teen Titans.

Batgirl - Cassandra Cain. That Batgirl series was damn good. I loved the Barbara as Oracle and Cassandra as Batgirl interaction. I'm so annoyed that DC don't know what to do with her anymore (she became a villain and took over the League of Assassins, then she turned out to be drugged, then she danced or something and now I have no idea) because she was one of my favourite characters.

maybe i should learn to read first....

Bruce is my favorite Bat, but Greyson's growing on me.

Tim and Steph's my favorite Robins, and Steph is becoming my favorite Batgirl.

Last edited:
Bruce Wayne, Batman needs to explanation.

Damien Wayne, Robin is probably my favorite Robin so far. The idea of this crazy egomaniac in a Robin costume is awesome.

Cassandra Cain, Batgirl is my favorite character in the Bat Mythos outside of Batman himself.

Now while the three of them together would probably be the strangest fighting team ever.

I would prefer to have Bruce, Tim, and Cassandra as a team.

I know more of the originals than any of the others, so:

Batman---Bruce Wayne

Robin----Dick Grayson

Batgirl---Barbara Gordon

My choices:

Batman - Bruce Wayne
When it comes to Batman...it's like Sinatra. There'll never be another.

Who else will do WHATEVER is necessary to get the job done? For him this is life. Bruce Wayne is just an act. In his mind, he really is Batman 24/7. Others want to continue the legend because they're driven to make sure there will always be a Batman. But ask yourself this:

WHY do they need to always have a Batman?

Because Bruce Wayne set the standard.

Robin - Tim Drake
Dick Grayson is a dick. He never wanted to be a hero. He just wanted revenge. And from that teenage angst, he became Robin. And when he got tired of being treated like a kid, he struck out on his own as Nightwing. And now that Bruce is gone, Dick is now Batman.

And to be honest---Dick Grayson will one day be a better Batman than Bruce Wayne. Why? Because of experience. He will have more...and he will eventually develop that insane Batman drive to always be Batman. And from that experience and drive---he will do WHATEVER it takes to win. And then....when you a have Batman who is free from limits....you will have the GREATEST ******* BATMAN ever.

Oh wait...this is about Robin now? Ok....well Tim Drake wins based on having the smarts to get rid of the green undies and Peter Pan shoes and actually have a serious costume.

Fashion choice not good enough? How about how he WANTED to be Robin. He figured out who Batman and Robin were on his own. That alone gives him credit. And since finding that out---look at how far he's come in just a short time. He's already operating at Nightwing level...as a teenager.

He wins.

BatGirl - Cassandra Cain
Probably the best Batgirl via history alone. Daughter of 2 of the world's greatest assassins...raised to be an assassin...fighting for redemption.

Plus Batgirl always seemed like overkill for the Bat Family. So a non-talking BatGirl is always best.

My choices:

Batman - Bruce Wayne
When it comes to Batman...it's like Sinatra. There'll never be another.

Who else will do WHATEVER is necessary to get the job done? For him this is life. Bruce Wayne is just an act. In his mind, he really is Batman 24/7. Others want to continue the legend because they're driven to make sure there will always be a Batman. But ask yourself this:

WHY do they need to always have a Batman?

Because Bruce Wayne set the standard.

Robin - Tim Drake
Dick Grayson is a dick. He never wanted to be a hero. He just wanted revenge. And from that teenage angst, he became Robin. And when he got tired of being treated like a kid, he struck out on his own as Nightwing. And now that Bruce is gone, Dick is now Batman.

And to be honest---Dick Grayson will one day be a better Batman than Bruce Wayne. Why? Because of experience. He will have more...and he will eventually develop that insane Batman drive to always be Batman. And from that experience and drive---he will do WHATEVER it takes to win. And then....when you a have Batman who is free from limits....you will have the GREATEST ******* BATMAN ever.

Oh wait...this is about Robin now? Ok....well Tim Drake wins based on having the smarts to get rid of the green undies and Peter Pan shoes and actually have a serious costume.

Fashion choice not good enough? How about how he WANTED to be Robin. He figured out who Batman and Robin were on his own. That alone gives him credit. And since finding that out---look at how far he's come in just a short time. He's already operating at Nightwing level...as a teenager.

He wins.

BatGirl - Cassandra Cain
Probably the best Batgirl via history alone. Daughter of 2 of the world's greatest assassins...raised to be an assassin...fighting for redemption.

Plus Batgirl always seemed like overkill for the Bat Family. So a non-talking BatGirl is always best.

I completely agree with Doom on all points. Bruce Wayne is the Batman. Dick Grayson I always liked as more of an apprentice and successor to Batman and being Robin was just one small step for him. Drake is perfect as Robin cause he's a strong enough character to take the role on his own and not be connected to Batman at the hip. The fact that he had his own family and didn't live with Wayne is an indication of his independence. As for Batgirl the "fighting for redemption" is a brilliant character concept for the role. Barbra's motivations always seemed lame. Plus is makes her character stronger (like Drake) that she isn't de[endant on Batman's mythology and can develop her own.

I voted for Jason Todd as Robin, because I believe there is plenty of unexplored potential in that character's origin and career as Batman's sidekick.

There really isn't any worthwhile stories of Jason as Robin, other than 'A Death in the Family' and the idea of a troubled, angry young man becoming Batman's partner, before descending into darkness and ultimately death is a great story waiting to be told.

Batman - Bruce Wayne
There's only one Batman.

Robin -Tim Drake
More of the detective than Grayson ever was. Not a whiny little ***** like Todd. Lil' Wayne is interesting and may turn out to be the best Robin, but right now I still prefer Tim. Dude beat Lady Shiva with a pillow mint.

Batgirl - Stephanie Brown
I've never read a Batgirl comic in my life, but the previews and reviews for the current BG are making me consider picking up the first trade when it comes out. Can't say that Babs or the mute chick ever got me interested.

There really isn't any worthwhile stories of Jason as Robin, other than 'A Death in the Family' and the idea of a troubled, angry young man becoming Batman's partner, before descending into darkness and ultimately death is a great story waiting to be told.

I actually prefer him as Red Hood. The dynamic of him being a former parter/protoge turned scorned villian is much more exciting.

Can't say that Babs or the mute chick ever got me interested.

The mute chick was all kinds of awesome. if you ever get a chance to check out any of her stories----read 'em. Even though I don't read DC anymore, I'm actually mad that she's not Batgirl anymore.

The mute chick was all kinds of awesome. if you ever get a chance to check out any of her stories----read 'em. Even though I don't read DC anymore, I'm actually mad that she's not Batgirl anymore.
Meh. The whole raised-as-an-assassin-turned-to-the-side-of-good-to-repent-for-my-sins thing seems a little emo for my tastes.

Last edited:
I actually prefer him as Red Hood. The dynamic of him being a former parter/protoge turned scorned villian is much more exciting.

Yeah, it's good, but it's based on foundations that aren't there. Jason's career as Robin is mostly just an unseen part of the history. And therefore, when he does become the Red Hood, it's not based on any likely outcome of his personality, it's just because Jeph Loeb (and the guy who wrote 'Under the Hood') told us he did.

To me, he's the most interesting Robin.

Well Bruce is the obvious choice as greatest Batman, even though the idea of Dick being Batman excites me more because I think there's more potential nowadays with him in the mantle. Both are great in any story they're in and Dick Grayson's one of my favorite superheroes ever.

I had to vote for Dick and Tim as Robin just because you can't decide between the two in my opinion. Though Tim's scene in Identity Crisis was brilliant.

I put Babs as Batgirl because I've never read anything with Cassandra Cain and I've only read Babs in Morrison's JLA so that's the only interaction I've had with the character. Personally I don't care for a Batgirl.

The original three.

Although if there had have been an option for Dick as Nightwing and Tim as Robin I would have gone with that.

I'm not really familiar with any Batgirl besides Barbara.

I voted : Bruce Wayne, Batman , Dick Grayson, Robin and Barbara Gordon, Batgirl. Here my reasons for each :

It's what I'm use too for batgirl
Dick was because him been robin leads to him been Nightwing who I thought was a great hero and honestly IMO it's a step back for him been batman. As Nightwing he managed to establish himself on his own. As batman he's just a replacement. Hopefully he's Nightwing again soon.
Bruce is obvious as he is batman PERIOD.

I voted : Bruce Wayne, Batman , Dick Grayson, Robin and Barbara Gordon, Batgirl. Here my reasons for each :

It's what I'm use too for batgirl
Dick was because him been robin leads to him been Nightwing who I thought was a great hero and honestly IMO it's a step back for him been batman. As Nightwing he managed to establish himself on his own. As batman he's just a replacement. Hopefully he's Nightwing again soon.
Bruce is obvious as he is batman PERIOD.

I'm the opposite there, I didn't see him being Batman as a step back but a step forward. That he was always suppose to be Batman's successor. And Nightwing was a nessecary part of that road, he had to learn to be his own man to take on such a prestigious title.

I'm the opposite there, I didn't see him being Batman as a step back but a step forward. That he was always suppose to be Batman's successor. And Nightwing was a nessecary part of that road, he had to learn to be his own man to take on such a prestigious title.

Yeah I can see that. My view was he worked so hard to create his own identity when he left batman. I too saw him replacing batman if batman got too old or died but as Nightwing not as batman. Now the comics i read of him as batman he seems to be trying to impersonate Bruce. That's too much not him.

His character had evolved in my eyes to where he was batman's equal. So he should have continued that up. Batman leaves Nightwing takes over as Gotham's hero as nightwing. On his own merit.

But I do see your point too.

Latest posts

Back