Fell (Ellis/Templesmith) - series discussion [spoilers]

What do people think of issue 7...I think it's a shame it got rid of some of the standard nun + mayko bits...but it had a cool ending, and it's nice to have a character from fell's past make an appearance I love the way there kind of is clearly some backstory and stuff, but Ellis is in No rush at all to tell us anything, cuz that's not the point of the book. Man I love this....erm good issue

4/5

I got #7, but I might need to reread the previous issues... I don't think I even read past #3.

We waited this long for #7. How long will we have to wait for #8?

How long did we wait for 7, this is the first one i read the week it came out. How long since 6 was released? ...and then just wait that long again i reckon they'll have sorted 8 out.

What do people think of issue 7...I think it's a shame it got rid of some of the standard nun + mayko bits...but it had a cool ending, and it's nice to have a character from fell's past make an appearance I love the way there kind of is clearly some backstory and stuff, but Ellis is in No rush at all to tell us anything, cuz that's not the point of the book. Man I love this....erm good issue

4/5

I wouldn't say he got rid of the nun. She certainly didn't seem to have a placein the story. It seems like Fell is the only one who sees her, and he was locked up in the interrogation room the whole time.

I'm impressed how we were able to get a whole new character and she fit right in without any introduction needed. No background, nothing.

I like to see Fell screw up. He's not perfect and shouldn't be. He tried a little *too* hard here, and the kid goes free for it. I like unsettling endings.

4.9/5. Every issue so far has been near-perfect. My only complaint with this issue? No extra material. I enjoy reading it and was disappointed there was none.

I wouldn't say he got rid of the nun. She certainly didn't seem to have a placein the story. It seems like Fell is the only one who sees her, and he was locked up in the interrogation room the whole time.

I'm impressed how we were able to get a whole new character and she fit right in without any introduction needed. No background, nothing.

I like to see Fell screw up. He's not perfect and shouldn't be. He tried a little *too* hard here, and the kid goes free for it. I like unsettling endings.

4.9/5. Every issue so far has been near-perfect. My only complaint with this issue? No extra material. I enjoy reading it and was disappointed there was none.

Yes.

I loved the picture, notebook angle of this issue. Another day in the life of Fell.

I loved the mannquien rapist.

"She asked for it!!"

What is the story with the hardcover of the first collection? Was it only available to comic stores, or will regular bookstores be getting them?

What is the story with the hardcover of the first collection? Was it only available to comic stores, or will regular bookstores be getting them?

I don't even remember seeing it solicited, it was just an option when I was doing my DCBS order.

I just read the Fell TPB.

It is one of the greatest Warren Ellis comics I've ever read. I don't know if I'm saying that because it was so well written of if the art was eerily beautiful. But all I know is that 8 issues wasn't enough for me.

I really wish I picked this up sooner.

I just read the Fell TPB.

It is one of the greatest Warren Ellis comics I've ever read. I don't know if I'm saying that because it was so well written of if the art was eerily beautiful. But all I know is that 8 issues wasn't enough for me.

I really wish I picked this up sooner.

So are you going to start getting the issues, or just get it in TPB?

So are you going to start getting the issues, or just get it in TPB?

Oh I'm getting the issues. But aren't there only like 8 anyways? I could've swore I read somewhere that Ellis stopped doing them? Or maybe I'm thinking about Desolation Jones?

Either way....my next trip to the LCS will end with me getting more Fell issues if there are any.

Oh I'm getting the issues. But aren't there only like 8 anyways? I could've swore I read somewhere that Ellis stopped doing them? Or maybe I'm thinking about Desolation Jones?

Either way....my next trip to the LCS will end with me getting more Fell issues if there are any.

There are only 8, and I haven't heard anything about him not doing any more. Desolation Jones is barely coming out as well...I think that's only 7 issues in.

Fell blew my mind

The character was so over analytical on everything, it's great. He sees faults in everyone, assumes everyone has a secret for the sole purpose that he has one (which I'm assuming is hurting his partner somehow) and is stuck in a strange section of town that no one else thinks is safe.

I love how he screwed up with the kid. Shows he has faults and vaults to early, causing the kid to get out free though he knew the kid was up to something.

The branding of a mark on people. Good stuff. The crimes are pretty sick (The guy injecting his own daughter with his feces so she stays sick), and that is great.

I love the fact that for the most part, Ellis here uses the nine panel scheme of comics instead of splashing pages and whatnot. It adds to the comic I feel. The story is excellent, and I'm usually not a fan of this type of art, but it fit the story here.

I extremely liked this issue.

Latest posts

Back