Final Crisis vs Secret Invasion: Which mini was better?

Which event mini series was better: Final Crisis or Secret Invasion?

• Total voters

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Yeah...you knew this was coming. I've been planning to make this thread since last year....then FC had to go and have more and more delays.

But which mini series was the better? Or which one do you think is the "lesser evil?" Who put out the better event mini - DC or Marvel? You tell us!

I can't quite decide, working only impression (so keep that in mind), I have of each they both equally have flaws. I mean they both have interesting and potentially awesome set ups but just fall apart at the end. And both feel pretty unoriginal in terms of "big" events. Secret Invasion feel just like Civil War and House of M while Final crisis feels just like all the other crisis. In the end Final crisis wins out for better plot idea that is a lot more thought out.

Skrull secret invasion...paranoia...heroes turning on each other...

Oh wait, no we'll just bash each other's brains in for-bloody-ever.

Haven't finished Final Crisis, but it's plot of diversity vs fascism, crazy, corny, and just bad ideas are better than one unified order. That's a plot that's interesting, even if the execution is a bit shoddy.

...in other words, I was so disappointed in Secret Invasion that I'm voting against Secret Invasion.

Final Crisis is done? I've only read through issue 3 I think.

I'm not going to vote until I finish it, but Final Crisis would have to be Reggie Hudlin bad to lose out to Secret Invasion. I don't see that happening.

Final Crisis is a difficult work, and Secret Invasion is nothing if not easy, probably even lazy.

I think FC wins, because even where it fails, it's trying to do something unique, and the story is epic enough, and fulfills at the very least in what it set out to be... A Major Event with major circumstances. It IS a final crisis.

There was nothing secret about secret invasion, and while there's a lot of hating on Dark Reign round these parts, I think that the repurcussions for SI and the leadup to it are fascinating, and really engaging.

But the event itself was rubbish.

So I go with Final Crisis.

Final Crisis is a difficult work, and Secret Invasion is nothing if not easy, probably even lazy.

I think FC wins, because even where it fails, it's trying to do something unique, and the story is epic enough, and fulfills at the very least in what it set out to be... A Major Event with major circumstances. It IS a final crisis.

There was nothing secret about secret invasion, and while there's a lot of hating on Dark Reign round these parts, I think that the repurcussions for SI and the leadup to it are fascinating, and really engaging.

Wow.....my feelings exactly.

I don't like dark reign only because we know it won't go anywhere but end in the next event that has no connection with it. Marvel does this all the time. Dissembled, House of M, Civil War, Secret Invasion: they all end without a full conclusion only to set up the "new" status quo that basically falls apart before anything really interesting happens. I just can't take it anymore

Exactly my feelings.

But Secret Invasion left the universe in a more interesting place, even if the route to get there was retarded as all get-out.

Final Crisis all the way.

The delays won't matter years from now when the entire storyline is done and collected to be read.

they all end without a full conclusion only to set up the "new" status quo that basically falls apart before anything really interesting happens. I just can't take it anymore

Usually I think you whine about stuff just for the sake of whining, but you are exactly right with that.

Usually I think you whine about stuff just for the sake of whining, but you are exactly right with that.

I see as more venting frustration than whining, but to each is own.

Also your posts suck

isn't that what whining is?

I find whining is more childish "I'm not getting my way so I'm going to complain until I do" while venting is more "This pisses me off and I just would like to express it so I can get on with my day instead of bottling it up"

Last edited:
I agree with Bass. There's no real reason to vote when both sucked.
And I'm tired of seeing people defend Final Crisis. It was terrible and incoherent. You don't look more intelligent for 'getting it' when there is nothing to get from the story. Everything you 'think' you 'get' from it is complete outside conjecture based upon the fact that the writer was once among the greatest in the business.

Secret Invasion was just flat-out disappointing, on all levels.

Last edited:
Definitely Final Crisis, despite its missteps, it was still an epic read. Everyone else has expressed the best point against Secret Invasion. It lacked those things that could have made it greats (things like paranoia, modern McCarthy-ism, trust, etc.) but like Civil War it just turned into a WWE Royal Rumble, a bunch of guys in spandex beating on each other for no real point.

Latest posts

Back