First Ultimatum cover...

I don't remember exactly. I guess I could have said something about the ghost of his dead son writing Ultimatum? Who knows.

Anyway, IGN's top ten reasons to buy Ultimate Origins.

ultimate-origins-20080512005707119-001.jpg

*yawn* Is there anyone that cares even a little bit anymore?

What the hell is the point of even putting this list out if you're just going to bleep out the important parts? This is why I'm pulling more towards DC. They put out these subtle hints like Rip's chalkboard and you can figure it out yourself.

Dear David Finch,

I don't like your art.

At all.

Really.

Sincerely,
Doom

What... you don't like that he draws the same person, over and over?

or is it the excessive crosshatching?

or is it that he's like the generic 99¢ version of Marc Silvestri?

I do. In the concepts at least. I don't anticipate the writing to be any good. But I am interested to see how they tie these things together.

I dunno. I trust Bendis a lot more than I did a year ago. Maybe it's because I've seen what Loeb does, and it has disillusioned me.

For example, I'm looking forward to Origins, but dreading Ultimatum.

I'm not a Finch fan at all, but he is better than he was with Top Cow, and he's completely servicable. He should be a generic Mike Perkins/Manuel Garcia type, who's perfectly fine but will never get a big project.

EDIT: Although I think both those guys are better than Finch.

Last edited:
What the hell is the point of even putting this list out if you're just going to bleep out the important parts? This is why I'm pulling more towards DC. They put out these subtle hints like Rip's chalkboard and you can figure it out yourself.

While I agree that this Ultimatum crap has SUCK written all over it, mostly because they took the UU and handed it to Jeph Loeb who has no business writing anything related to the UU, I don't see why you would pull towards DC.

Honestly, after Countdown I really want to drop everything on my sub list from DC (except of course, All Star Batman and anyhthing on Vertigo). 52 and Countdown sucked. Ultimatum looks like it will suck. I wouldn't be surprised if Final Crisis sucks, too. Secret Invasion, on the other hand, is still interesting.

While I agree that this Ultimatum crap has SUCK written all over it, mostly because they took the UU and handed it to Jeph Loeb who has no business writing anything related to the UU,

Jeph Loeb has no business writing anything except noir-style Batman stories, and he's only allowed to work with Tim Sale.

Willverine said:
I don't see why you would pull towards DC.

Geoff Johns, Grant Morrison, Greg Rucka, Gail Simone, Keith Giffen, James Robinson, Steve Niles?

Willverine said:
Honestly, after Countdown I really want to drop everything on my sub list from DC

You see, I don't follow this kind of logic. Countdown was terrible, sure, but there's plenty of terrible books coming out from both companies all the time. It's just the nature of the business. There's a finite stable of genuinely good writers. I buy the books I like and don't buy the books I don't like.

Willverine said:
(except of course, All Star Batman

of course! :D

Willverine said:
52 and Countdown sucked.

really? 52?

Willverine said:
Ultimatum looks like it will suck.

I'm looking forward to "Who shot the Thing?"

Willverine said:
Secret Invasion, on the other hand, is still interesting.

on so many levels! Whether it's tie-in issues that fill in blanks we could infer already or watching the world's greatest heroes foiled by a T-Rex! RAWR!

Latest posts

Back