First USM Immonen pages!

Yeah it does look kind of good. But the Spot?!.. I guess Bendis is running out of good bad guys to use in his stories.

Aside from that large shot of him swinging, it looks fantastic.

I'm sooooo glad to be rid of Bagley.

Thanks for posting.

I hate that "side scroll" thing Bendis does sometimes. Hate it.

But Immonen looks awesome. I think this will really rejuvenate this title and give it some excitement.

Yeah it does look kind of good. But the Spot?!.. I guess Bendis is running out of good bad guys to use in his stories.

or the man is a genius and is not using ALL the good bad guys at once or the returns and taking lesser known villains and making them cool.

first time seeing new artist it looks pretty damn cool and thank god he used same hair cut ect... for peter it makes it look like previous ones just different style me likey

*has a super geekgasm in pants*

you know i was actually not looking forward to it but i am now. I hope that he stays for a while and we dont revolve the door on artists like some books.

Wow.
I really like what I see here.
I didn't know if Immonen could fit properly after Mark Bagley...
But, wow.
I can't wait to see #111 in it's entirety. Should be awesome to see this title change... Now that Bendis has broken the record and isn't writing just to go down in history, we might get some decent stories yet.
Nice. Can't wait for the change.

Spot is a great idea! He has a dimensional portal on his body. He's like Evil Cloak. Spot was just poorly executed and if done well he could be great.

Yeah, he probably won't be done well.

he was done ok in cartoon.

I like Immonen's art.He has a great style, and I will probably love his artwork on USM.

But looking at the first pages there are a few things missing about spidey himself.
Firstly, USM was thin, he was extremely thin and that was a part of the things that made USM look cooler than 616 spider-man.Immonen's spidey looks like a normal kid, who ain't that thin.
Secondly, and probably most importantly, I truly loved the huge eye-pieces of USM which nearly covered more than %60 of the whole mask.UNfortunately I can't see that detail in Immonen's first pages.

These details might even cause me to want Bagley back on USM.

I like Immonen's art.He has a great style, and I will probably love his artwork on USM.

But looking at the first pages there are a few things missing about spidey himself.
Firstly, USM was thin, he was extremely thin and that was a part of the things that made USM look cooler than 616 spider-man.Immonen's spidey looks like a normal kid, who ain't that thin.
Secondly, and probably most importantly, I truly loved the huge eye-pieces of USM which nearly covered more than %60 of the whole mask.UNfortunately I can't see that detail in Immonen's first pages.

These details might even cause me to want Bagley back on USM.

His scrawniness was a good detail. It seemed like Immonen was continuing the tradition in the sketch pages, but he's filled out more now. However, I'm not complaining because the ridiculous Bagley tendons are gone! He actually looks like he's wearing a costume made out of a fabric found on the planet Earth! Hooray! And I prefer the smaller eyes. Sorry.

I also really like how civilian Peter looks. Bagley's been drawing him really inconsistently and he looks so much better now.

The only things I didn't like were Angry Monkey Jonah and Old Man Urich. He looks like Theoden from the Lord of the Rings (after Gandalf frees him of Saruman's evil influence. But still.)

Latest posts

Back