Fix the Ultimate Universe

I don't see the point of adding an Ultimate Blade title. He's had movies, cool. They were pretty good, but they were also a couple of years ago. He's had a TV show that was cancelled. That's not good.

This, and the fact that his comic was just rebooted in 616, and isn't selling well... I don't see the point for an Ultimate Blade ongoing.

That is true but Blade guest stared in Ultimate Spider-man as well which would boost the amount sold.

I just think if there is a new ongoing it should be Blade , Punisher , Venom or another Anti-hero as they are better characters IMO than say daredevil. There is no Anti-Heroes in the UU and they need one. They appeal to ALOT of people.

That is true but Blade guest stared in Ultimate Spider-man as well which would boost the amount sold.

blade only appeared in a four panel flash back, i refuse to count that as an appearence, the only appearence blade has ever made was in the USM:SuperSpecial

he's another throw away character

blade only appeared in a four panel flash back, i refuse to count that as an appearence, the only appearence blade has ever made was in the USM:SuperSpecial

he's another throw away character

Not if they give him an on going

another question dose the SuperSpecial fit in with the rest of comics? reason I asked i've not read it yet and am thinking of getting the big tpb of Ultimate team-up which features it

I'd fire Bendis and hire Grant Morrisson to write an Ultimate Strange.

Edit: Also, I'd fire Jeph Loeb and reunite Greg Rucka with Ed Brubaker to write Ultimates.

Last edited:
Not if they give him an on going

another question dose the SuperSpecial fit in with the rest of comics? reason I asked i've not read it yet and am thinking of getting the big tpb of Ultimate team-up which features it

Yes check DIrishBs timeline to see where it fits in.

What do you think is needed to be done to fix Ultimate Universe?
GRANT MORRISON.

grafitti.jpg

And I'm not just saying it because of my homosexual love for him.

It's public knowledge that he has about a thousand brilliant ideas for the Ultimate Universe.

I don't see any reason why Marvel shouldn't knock him out and throw him in a burlap sack the nanosecond he leaves DC.

Turn the entire line over to him. Let him engineer the whole thing and handpick the creators.

It would be un-****ing-believable.

GRANT MORRISON.

grafitti.jpg

It's public knowledge that he has about a thousand brilliant ideas for the Ultimate Universe.

I don't see any reason why Marvel shouldn't knock him out and throw him in a burlap sack the nanosecond he leaves DC.

Turn the entire line over to him. Let him engineer the whole thing and handpick the creators.

ProjectX2 says this all the time. And I so want this to happen. :(

ProjectX2 says this all the time. And I so want this to happen. :(

I haven't read Morrison's New X-Men, but I've been told both that it sucks, and that it's great, so, I'd probably love it, EmmaScott aside.

But that's not the point. Does anyone know what are these great ideas he has for the Ultimate Universe? Has he said anything concrete?

I haven't read Morrison's New X-Men, but I've been told both that it sucks, and that it's great, so, I'd probably love it, EmmaScott aside.

It is one of the most brilliant things you will ever read. Anyone who says otherwise has no soul.

But that's not the point. Does anyone know what are these great ideas he has for the Ultimate Universe? Has he said anything concrete?

No, but I seem to remember Joe "Dang" Quesadilla saying that Morrison's UFF origin idea was too brilliant to put into print.

From a 2005 Wizard profile of Morrison:

"...how long before Marvel's ready to take the kinds of chances that allow Morrison the freedom and creative outlet he enjoys at DC today?

'Oh, I have an amazing idea for the Ultimate Universe,' he boasts. 'How the entire line ties together. You see, everyone in the Ultimate Universe, everyone with powers is...'

The idea is so good I won't reprint it here, simply because, since Morrison's exclusive to DC Comics for the time being, someone would use it before he ever got the chance."

The mystery behind this supposedly brilliant idea kills me, especially at a time like this.

I really want the Ultimate Universe to die.

Horribly and painfully.

...yeah, what I mean is I think it's beyond saving at this point. Just cancel it and be done with it. Then in a few years, come out with Ultimate Universe Version 2.0. Same principle of the Ultimate Universe (resetting characters into a realistic and modern world), but without all the blunders. Make sure obly the best of the best are on-board and don't even think of letting our friendly clones and time travel stories popping up.

The challange, of course, would be how to tell stories that were told very well in the UU (the five-part origin story in USM, for example).

I really want the Ultimate Universe to die.

Horribly and painfully.

...yeah, what I mean is I think it's beyond saving at this point. Just cancel it and be done with it. Then in a few years, come out with Ultimate Universe Version 2.0. Same principle of the Ultimate Universe (resetting characters into a realistic and modern world), but without all the blunders. Make sure obly the best of the best are on-board and don't even think of letting our friendly clones and time travel stories popping up.

The challange, of course, would be how to tell stories that were told very well in the UU (the five-part origin story in USM, for example).

That's just silly, you can't just start another universe every five years, that makes about as much sense DC rebooting its continuity every five years (now that's confusing). Sometimes you have to work with what got and fans will just think a new UU as nothing more than shallow attempt to get fans to buy more comics, they won't buy it. Besides fans have already invested something in this universe, you can't just expect them to be blissfully expect the termination of UU 1. Besides what's to stop blunders from happening in UU 2? What then UU 3? UU 4? UU 6782? See then you just get convoluted mess, similar the multiverse problems that happned in Pre crisis DCU.

Last edited:
I don't understand where this idea of the UU being "realistic" comes from. The whole point was to reset the MU in a modern setting. To make it contemporary for the newer fans. Nothing about it being more realistic. Just more accesible. All this other stuff, with making things completely different and changing charaters so that they're unrecognizable came later. That wasn't really part of the plan from the start. They were supposed to be updated so kids today could relate (ooh, Peter Parker works on a webpage instead of developing film in blackrooms), not grounded in reality. It was all about the characters, not the universe they live in. They could have clones and time travel and anything they want, as long as they have a teenage Peter Parker.

Really, only Ultimates tried for a level of realism. Even Millar's UXM was pretty out there, and of course his UFF was really unrealistic, and he co-created the UU.

GRANT MORRISON.

grafitti.jpg

As long as one of his handpicked creators was Mark Millar working exclusively on Ultimates material, that's fine. Morrison is a writing god but only if Millar writes any Ultimates material.

Yeah... I know it's sad, but I just can't quit what Millar's done so far with the Ultimates. I will weep once Loeb and Mad take over.

Of course, Hitch would have to do the art... or at the very least, YU. None of this cartoony crap. Let Mad handle Battle Chasers and/or anime and video game art, but not my beloved Ultimates.

I'm not passing final judgment until I read Ultimates 3, but everything they've released so far....disappoints me on many MANY levels.

That's just silly, you can't just start another universe every five years, that makes about as much sense DC rebooting its continuity every five years (now that's confusing). Sometimes you have to work with what got and fans will just think a new UU as nothing more than shallow attempt to get fans to buy more comics, they won't buy it. Besides fans have already invested something in this universe, you can't just expect them to be blissfully expect the termination of UU 1. Besides what's to stop blunders from happening in UU 2? What then UU 3? UU 4? UU 6782? See then you just get convoluted mess, similar the multiverse problems that happned in Pre crisis DCU.
Because in my fantasy world, bad things don't happen.

But in any case, this is why you should be thankful I am not a Marvel editor.

Because in my fantasy world, bad things don't happen.

But in any case, this is why you should be thankful I am not a Marvel editor.

If you were an editor you wouldn't last very long, your plan just isn't practical.

Last edited:
I think that for the Ultimate Marvel universe to survive, it's imperative that Ultimate MJ to be torn limb from limb.

There's a trend going on; Ultimate Spider-man starts to suck, and then so does everything else. And if you want to save USM, you have to kill Mary Jane. I know that many of you don't agree with me, but frankly Mary Jane causes bad story arcs and contrived romance dialog. And her existence is the leading factor in babies dieing.

Please; Think of the babies. Kill Ultimate MJ.

Latest posts

Back