Fix the Ultimate Universe

I'm not passing final judgment until I read Ultimates 3, but everything they've released so far....disappoints me on many MANY levels.

Exactly. Mad's sketches of Thor are cool if you like the cartoony style, but for real, he makes Thor look like he's been on a steady diet of Asgardian 'roids. Not that Thor was scrawny, but Hitch drew him perfectly. Great shape, muscular, but not overboard, Hulk-style muscular. Also, I don't like the fact that they're supposedly giving Cap his mask back instead of the helmet (which always made more sense than a mask).

I'll read it when it comes out, but if it doesn't deliver, I'll have no problem dropping it until a better team comes along.

I totally wouldn't have a problem with them scrapping the whole thing and saying "we can do this better." It would never happen, but if they did not only would I not have a problem with it, they'd earn a lot of respect for it.

I totally wouldn't have a problem with them scrapping the whole thing and saying "we can do this better." It would never happen, but if they did not only would I not have a problem with it, they'd earn a lot of respect for it.

How do you sleep at night?

:lol: nah seriously they just need to fix this one. If they (and i knw its just a if) did restart this one then the next might seem cool then they'll **** up that too and they get rid of that one :arrgh:

If they worked on it and fixed mistakes this universe would be great. I already prefer 99% of ultimate versions to 616 versions.

Telling people they can go back and pretend stuff they don't like never happens leads to young anakin's ghost at end of ROTJ (in an outfit he never wore btw) work on what you have do not just restart

Liam Nielson: You would try and fix a place so corrupted, it has devastated every line of its universe.

Random: The Ultimate Universe is not beyond saving.

Name the reference and get a muffin

Liam Nielson: You would try and fix a place so corrupted, it has devastated every line of its universe.

Why would I want to get a muffin when I can just get Cad?

Ra's from Batman begins.

Seeing as how everyone here has probably seen Batman Begins like 50 times, it's not that impressive.

But he's right; The Ultimate Universe is not beyond saving. *cough*more dead MJ*cough*

Doesn't matter, I still get my muffin. :wink:

Seeing as how everyone here has probably seen Batman Begins like 50 times, it's not that impressive.

But he's right; The Ultimate Universe is not beyond saving. *cough*more dead MJ*cough*
I know, I just add that after all my references
Doesn't matter, I still get my muffin. :wink:

Yes you do, you just have to pay $15.99 for shipping and handling

I was thinking that Ultimate universe needs a big event to match Cival war like I mentioned earlier Ultimate Secret war or something.

also think there should be more Ultimate games and movies like Ultimates the movie or Ultimate spider-man game ect....

I was thinking that Ultimate universe needs a big event to match Cival war like I mentioned earlier Ultimate Secret war or something.

also think there should be more Ultimate games and movies like Ultimates the movie or Ultimate spider-man game ect....

The original Secret War wasn't that good, so what makes you think that an Ultimate one would be better?

And we have a big 'event' in the Ultimate Universe. It's called Ultimate Power. And there's a reason that it isn't saving the UU.

:lol: nah seriously they just need to fix this one.

Seriously, anything they did to "fix" the UU would involve doing the kind of things that made the creation of the UU necessary in the first place.

That's just silly, you can't just start another universe every five years, that makes about as much sense DC rebooting its continuity every five years (now that's confusing). Sometimes you have to work with what got and fans will just think a new UU as nothing more than shallow attempt to get fans to buy more comics, they won't buy it. Besides fans have already invested something in this universe, you can't just expect them to be blissfully expect the termination of UU 1. Besides what's to stop blunders from happening in UU 2? What then UU 3? UU 4? UU 6782? See then you just get convoluted mess, similar the multiverse problems that happned in Pre crisis DCU.

Maybe not, but it's not a bad idea.

DC does their Elseworld series where they commit a certain number of issues to an alternate timeline.

I personally think it could be damn interesting to do that on a more epic scale. You take the Marvel universe, split it up amongst a particular creative team, and then tell them "Here. You have five years to give us your rendition of the ideal Marvel universe. The only rule is, you have a five year span to do it, and the ultimate goal is to take the core theme of these titles and provide them to a contemporary audience", and then you let them have at it. And when they're done, you reboot again, completely, and pass it over to another team.

Last edited:
Seriously, anything they did to "fix" the UU would involve doing the kind of things that made the creation of the UU necessary in the first place.

But simply creating a new UU is not the answer, that will just make things worse in the long term. Will this new UU have any connection to the old one? What about all the fans who now have emotional investment in this UU, won't this tick them off? What happens when there are blunders made in this new UU, are we going to make another one in a few years? Will we go up to UU 378? Seriously creating a new UU will just lead to everything becoming a convoluted mess, look at how bad things got with the Pre crisis multiverse.

Last edited:
But simply creating a new UU is not the answer, that will just make things worse in the long term. Will this new UU have any connection to the old one? What about all the fans who now have emotional investment in this UU, won't this ptick them off? What happens when there are blunders made in this new UU, are we going to make another one in a few years? Will we go up to UU 378? Seriously creating a new UU will just lead to everything becoming a convoluted mess, look at how bad things got with the Pre crisis multiverse.

There's a simple solution to that: Don't cross the universes over. Simply make an editorial decision that the original Ultimate universe will never cross over with other universes. You can have writers revisit it in miniseries' and such, but don't try to mix it.

Maybe not, but it's not a bad idea.

DC does their Elseworld series where they commit a certain number of issues to an alternate timeline.

I personally think it could be damn interesting to do that on a more epic scale. You take the Marvel universe, split it up amongst a particular creative team, and then tell them "Here. You have five years to give us your rendition of the ideal Marvel universe. The only rule is, you have a five year span to do it, and the ultimate goal is to take the core theme of these titles and provide them to a contemporary audience", and then you let them have at it. And when they're done, you reboot again, completely, and pass it over to another team.

This would have to be planned really carefully for this work and I don't faith that Marvel would do that. Look at Pre Crisis DCU and what mess their multiverse created. Besides fans are going to ticked off if you just erase a universe that become attached to.

Last edited:
This would have to be planned really carefully for this work and I don't faith that Marvel would do that? Look at Pre Crisis DCU and what mess their multiverse created? Besides fans are going to ticked off if you just erase a universe that become attached to.

I've said it a hundred times; I miss 2099.

And I'm serious, I bought every 2099 comic the day it came out. A few years ago I sold 90% of my comics, but I kept each and every one of these. I'm rereading them now for the first time in years and I want to weep knowing how it's going to end.

Latest posts

Back