Fringe (Spoilers)

I saw the finale and was bored. I liked Bell's scene, but what was on the newspaper? I forget.

I saw the finale and was bored. I liked Bell's scene, but what was on the newspaper? I forget.

It was something like "Obamas Move Into New White House" implying that the White House was destroyed, maybe in the 9/11 attack that was prevented? There was also something about Kennedy talking and some other random stuff.

Jesus tap-dancing Christ, that was an awesome premiere. I love Olivia so much, well, I take that back, I love all of them so much.

My only real complaint, the end of the episode seemed kinda like a cop out. I mean, I know it was supposed to be a twist
that the soldier took Olivia's ex-partner's place
, but I, and I'm sure everyone else, saw it coming. Tho, the new girl's cataloguing the past cases
and comparing them to the book of Revelation
has me intrigued.

Oh, one last thing, am I the only one that noticed the wink-nod to the X-Files during the senate committee hearing?

I remember reading the casting call for the new agent and thinking "this must be Olivia's alternate self." I am surprised and glad that she wasn't. I hope she joins the team.

I'm guessing Charlie Francis is not long for this world. With Peter/Walter being as smart as they are, I expect them to realise that the soldier could have taken his place shortly.

Fringe isn't a perfect piece of work but it's very entertaining and it keeps me interested. I like all of the characters and the ideas are just fun in general. I'm glad it's back and I hope it continues to be cool.

It was indeed a great start. It was a just unbelievable moment and definitely WTF?! when she just came bursting through the windshield at the beginning, 'finishing' the crash.

And so it seems that it'll take us a while to see what went on with Bell after the season ended.

Pretty cool to see Goss as the Soldier. We'll probably see him sometime later after his secret's figured out.

Having not watched the entire first season, I may not have understood what was going on entirely, but it was pretty enjoyable. It beats Lost in terms of accessibility, so Abrams achieved his goal there.

I also thought it was interesting that Abrams is still co-writing episodes... obviously he wants to stick around on this one for now.

Oh, one last thing, am I the only one that noticed the wink-nod to the X-Files during the senate committee hearing?

Nope. :)

I'm guessing Charlie Francis is not long for this world.

Well, he *did* die at the end of the premiere... right?

Of course, now there are still two "Charlies" left: the Soldier posing as Charlie and the parallel-universe Charlie (Olivia saw him briefly last season; he had the scarred face, remember?).

And so it seems that it'll take us a while to see what went on with Bell after the season ended.

We will see the rest of that scene in
Episode 4.

I also thought it was interesting that Abrams is still co-writing episodes... obviously he wants to stick around on this one for now.

Sadly, Abrams is only onboard for the first few episodes -- and maybe just the premiere itself. All three creators (J.J., Kurtzman, and Orci) are leaving the show in the hands of executive-producer Jeff Pinkner to join Damon Lindelof in writing the Star Trek sequel script. But still, kudos to Abrams. He only was a major part of LOST for about half of the first season, a fact most people seem to forget. (He cut out early to direct Mission: Impossible III.)

That thing looked like something out of Pan's Labyrinth. And hey, it's that guy as Sam!

Was the soldier showing some remorse when he was in that room? It looked like it. Could maybe Charlie's feelings or whatever be in his mind or something?

Overall, a very good episode. Love Peter taking more charge.

Was the soldier showing some remorse when he was in that room? It looked like it. Could maybe Charlie's feelings or whatever be in his mind or something?

Nah, it's just actor Kirk Acevedo's "concerned eyebrows". They're like that no matter what feelings he's trying to emote.

The third episode was kind of boring. I thought the Iraq sequence would be more exciting. The ending was intriguing though. I want to know more about The Observer.

Next episode should be good. William Bell!

Just like the fourth episode of the first season kickstarted the storyline, the fourth episode of the second season did the same thing. William Bell! Hybrid soldiers that are half-machine and drink mercury! Charlie Francis vs. Olivia Dunham!

And they connected the head to the body!

Latest posts

Back