Fringe (Spoilers)

1x17 was okay. I liked the hints to the parallel universe stuff again. The finale is going to be crazy.

I wanted to see Olivia have sex with the dancer. :(

And we hear William Bell for the first time!

17. I watch the Spock scene twice. And I listened to the theme tune, because it's cool. The rest I ignored.

17. I watch the Spock scene twice. And I listened to the theme tune, because it's cool. The rest I ignored.

JJ Abrams does make some cool themes.

*dances*

JJ Abrams didn't make the theme tune. It's Michael Giacchino. He also did the music for THE INCREDIBLES, RATATOUILLE, CLOVERFIELD...

And the FRINGE pilot used the soundtrack from MICHAEL CLAYTON which is James Newton Howard's work.

JJ Abrams didn't make the theme tune. It's Michael Giacchino. He also did the music for THE INCREDIBLES, RATATOUILLE, CLOVERFIELD...

And the FRINGE pilot used the soundtrack from MICHAEL CLAYTON which is James Newton Howard's work.

JJ Abrams composed/co-wrote the themes for Alias, Lost, Fringe and Felicity. Michael Giacchino did the score.

Okay. It's a kickin' theme tune.

Michael Giacchino is one of my favourite composers anyway. I know you don't watch it, but some of the stuff he does in Lost... amazing.

I need to get the rest of his stuff on CD.

1x18 gives us confirmation that William Bell is indeed naughty. And some weird kind of vampire.

I like that the promo for next week's episode which will presumably introduce William Bell in the cliffhanger or something has a Spock reference. :)

Michael Giacchino is one of my favourite composers anyway. I know you don't watch it, but some of the stuff he does in Lost... amazing.

I need to get the rest of his stuff on CD.

I'm one of Giacchino's biggest fans. It's all about his music for me (on FB, where it says, favorite Music, I wrote just, "Giacchino"). It used to be John Williams when I was younger, but now he's my favorite composer (scores are my favorite kind of music). Incredibles, Cloverfield, Ratatouille, Speed Racer, LOST Seasons 1-3... I have 'em all on CD. (I wish they'd done a Sky High score, that was a great one; I haven't bought MI:3 yet, I'm waiting to find it at a good used price.) I'm more than excited for this summer, as he has a record four scores coming out. Three in May alone, LOST Season 4, Star Trek and Up. And then in June (July?), Land of the Lost.
This might seem kind of pathetic - it's totally not - but I think that every day for the last couple years now, at some point during the day, I've hummed/whistled/played on the piano at least one of his LOST/Pixar themes at least once a day.
Crazy crazy crazy. But I love it. Love. It.

I thought the latest episode was pretty dull (I didn't care about the flaming chick storyline at all) and just wanted to see more of the alternate universe stuff (Walter explaining deja vu, Olivia getting glimpses of the other world etc.).

Next episode should be good though with The Observer and Walter up to something, the outcome of Sharp being shot and Olivia finally meeting William Bell (has he been hiding in the alternate universe?).

I thought killing the FBI guy was a copout. I mean, it would have been interesting to deal with him afterwards, but it's like they didn't know what to do and just killed him.

I like the idea of William Bell hiding in another universe. Olivia seeing the other glimpses was pretty freaky, but done well and great.

Overall, it was a alright, but what's coming up should be awesome.

I thought killing the FBI guy was a copout. I mean, it would have been interesting to deal with him afterwards, but it's like they didn't know what to do and just killed him.

Yeah, that whole plot was poor. I can't believe he was a mole as well. Too many moles already! At least spread them out to one per season, like 24!

I hope Mr. Jones does scary **** next episode. And Olivia better not kill him. I want him to be the recurring villain.

That was an interesting finale. Some good, some bad, but generally interesting.

I found it hard to believe that the energy cell in Nina's arm could generate energy to open a portal to the alternate reality.

Mr. Jones's transformation was pretty scary - it would have been interesting if he had made it through to the alternate universe just so we could get more of him next season. He was a good villain and it sucks he's dead already. Maybe there's an alternate Mr. Jones?

Would liked to have seen more of The Observer.

The Walter/Peter stuff was good. I really enjoy their dynamic. I was thinking that the tombstone would actually be for Walter Bishop - and the Walter we knew had come from the alternate universe... but the Peter thing makes sense. I like the theory that Walter traveling to the alternate universe and taking Peter is what caused this impending invasion - and remember that episode with Walter back in the asylum and seeing glimpses of himself? Maybe that was the Walter from the alternate reality?

The cliffhanger was great - and it even explained the blue flashes (also seen in Star Trek!). It seems these blue flashes have to do with traveling to and from alternate universes (remember when the Cylinder appeared - there were blue flashes on the screen when the Observer was watching it). The short appearance of William Bell was very creepy and I really hope Olivia gets to explore this place next season (Twin Towers! Obamas!).

Do you guys think there is just the one William Bell?

Fringe Season 2 Promo:

[YOUTUBE]xPxMhHQ45Nk[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
Multiverses! Bandaged lunatic super-villains! Strained father/son relationships! It's like this show's a significantly less hip, televised version of Casanova. They should hire Fraction the same way Lost hired

I wish this show would slip out of the X-Files, episodic format. I love the high concept, but the cases themselves are usually boring, forcing the characters into tired formula tropes and pushing the more interesting relationships (the corrupt Director, Olivia's connection to Walter, Olivia's sister and niece, Peter's history) to the side. And the idea that dedicated research terms weren't able to figure out "The Pattern" is ridiculous. I'm hoping the change in season will show an upheaval in format. They can't keep using the pattern as an excuse for cases anymore. A little more Planetary could bring a lot of fun to the table. Warren Ellis could bring a lot to the table, period.

Peter being a dimensional changeling is neat though. I totally called it from the first scene of Walter at the grave.

Latest posts

Back