G.I. Joe: Rise Of Cobra

All I have to say is they better keep the original origin of Cobra Commander.

He was a used car salesman who got a letter that his brother died in the service. He then decided to take down the US Government.

I liked Cobra Commander not having an origin.

I hope this movie is good fun.

Eh, it looks okay.
All I have to say is they better keep the original origin of Cobra Commander.

He was a used car salesman who got a letter that his brother died in the service. He then decided to take down the US Government.
I heard that's how bin Laden got his start.

zimscreamoptimizedsg1.jpg

YOU LIE!

And the person who killed his brother was Snake Eyes.

So he hired Firefly to kill him.

Firefly knew he was going to be defeated, so he hired Zartan.

Zartan shot Snake Eyes with Storm Shadow's arrow, causing the two of them to have their feud.

The movie actually said Cobra was a scientist,before he became the used car salesman, if I remember correctly which I may not.

The comic book Marvel/Devils Due versions have him as the used car salesman.

Last edited:
Are you done?

In the comic, Cobra killed his own son, Billy.

Whom Snake Eyes trained.

It's all ****ed up.

He must have been the best salesman ever. I mean look at Cobra's nearly unlimited capital.

Actually, he gained his fortune through pyramid schemes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it looks like it will be fun. I really don't know alot about GI Joe, but I'm interested. I'm not going in expecting TDK, but it should be entertaining.

Exactly, like I said before, and I'll say it again. This is a popcorn movie, it's based off a cartoon focussing on things like Weather Dominators, and DeAging Machines.

I mean, as much as I love and respect Larry Hamas' work, even his serious stuff was never much more than an 80's Chuck Norris script.

I love the Baroness and Destro, but even I know of their inherent camp. This is going to be relatively close to the feel of the source material, I know people are *****ing about the black rubber uniforms. Yes, I'll be the first to admit I'm biased to the new look, but common sense would dictate, the original costumes would just look ludicrous on screen. I mean... Shipwreck alone looks like a reject from the Village People.

I think so far my only remaining complaint is using M.A.R.S. instead of flesh and blood Cobra troopers, but honestly, that's a minor quibble.

Ok.

Fine.

I finally saw the Super Bowl teaser/spot.

I can't form my lips to say the words "I'm excited." .......but maybe....MAYBE.....it's heavily implied.

Maybe.

Latest posts

Back