G.I. Joe: Rise Of Cobra

To me, the first Transformers movie looked like it was going to be terrible but it was saved by the amount of charm it had. This movie looks the same but without the charm. :(

Joseph Gordon-Levitt is so fantastic in this. It's like Adolf Hitler and Heath Ledger had a love child and then they picked Robert Englund and Nick Cage to be his godparents.

Last edited:
Joseph Gordon-Levitt is so fantastic in this. It's like Adolf Hitler and Heath Ledger had a love child and then they picked Robert Englund and Nick Cage to be his godparents.

:)

I really want to see him in this. I'll see this movie for JGL alone.

Hard to believe the kid from 10 Things I Hate About You has grown up to be the Cobra Commander.
joseph_gordon_levitt_10_things_i_ha.jpg

Last edited:

Yeah, he was one of the best parts. I would have prefered he have the hood instead of that mask thing, but oh well. I really thought all of the bad guys were pretty cool. The heroes were alright but weren't nearly as interesting. Snake eyes stole the show.

:)

I really want to see him in this. I'll see this movie for JGL alone.

Hard to believe the kid from 10 Things I Hate About You has grown up to be the Cobra Commander.
joseph_gordon_levitt_10_things_i_ha.jpg

I think, in hindsight, he could only end up in the role.

Saw this yesterday. Dear god, that was a full platter of cheese.
It was definitely like a live action cartoon. And louder than Transformers, which is impressive.

I had to watch it just so I would know what it was like.

And knowing is half the battle.

I can't believe they managed to fit that line in....

I watched this today and I loved it. I admit though I know very little G.I. Joe. In fact till I saw this I thought G.I. Joe was 1 guy's name. :oops: So I don't know if fans of G.I. Joe would hate this. But as a complete Noob to the franchise as I could never get into cartoon or toys, I thought it was fun. I also liked the twist on who the villain was.

Last edited:
I really couldn't bring myself to enjoy this.

There were a couple cool scenes, but overall the film failed on so many different levels. Even the adult Snake Eyes/Storm Shadow fights paled in comparison to the fight they had as kids in the kitchen.

It's ok. 2 outta 3 films based on cartoons I used to watch as a kid ain't bad. At least I have Transformers and Speed Racer.

This was a million times better than either Transformers movie.

I wouldn't go that far. Better than transformers 2 by miles but the first one? No in my opinion Transformers > G.I. Joe

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back