G.I. Joe: Rise Of Cobra

Ha! I did not realise Marlon Wayans was in this, until just now.

Also, the GI Joe suits look like Jango Fett ripoff armourz.

CBR:

Toplessrobot.com posted a screencap of Christopher Eccleston as Destro, only to get a takedown notice from Paramount. The image is still up at IESB, though, most likely for a limited time only.

And for when/if it is taken down from IESB, here it is:

destro_mask.jpg

That is ****ing horrible.

And Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Cobra Commander? I can buy it.....kinda. But meh.

Still....popcorn film so I'm in for the ride.

His metal mask never made any sense to me, how does he see?

Just like how state troopers can see you through their glasses. It's not a metal mask, it's more like this.

astronaut%2Bhelmet.jpg

Not sure about the suits but looks really fun.

The suits piss me off. I'm not even a GI Joe fan and even I'm angry at that. I'm sure it equals plenty of nice CGI shots (as evidenced by the trailer), and yes, it even makes sense and has some justification in the world of GI Joe and Cobra, but come on. It just reeks of ripping off the Spartan suit from Halo--which in turn wasn't an original idea at all, but the styling of the two is very close.

The action scenes with Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow look cool (though Storm Shadow's costume sucks).

And the disintigrating Eiffel tower was awesome.

Cobra Commander, kinda.

I really don't know a lot about G.I. Joe, but for some reason I always thought he wore like a blue hood thing. Is this what he's supposed to look like?

The face looks cool. They should put more of the "hood" motif in his costume though. The toy looks horrible.

The suits piss me off. I'm not even a GI Joe fan and even I'm angry at that. I'm sure it equals plenty of nice CGI shots (as evidenced by the trailer), and yes, it even makes sense and has some justification in the world of GI Joe and Cobra, but come on. It just reeks of ripping off the Spartan suit from Halo--which in turn wasn't an original idea at all, but the styling of the two is very close.

I don't like the suits either. The black leather just doesn't do it for me....I realize they're trying to make it a bit more realistic by having the Joes wear similar uniforms, and to make it more "modern" like the X-Men suits, but it's much cooler when Snake Eyes is the only Joe in black. Speaking of Snake Eyes, I don't like the way they did his uniform....the promotional photos of him look like he's wearing a Halloween costume. The texture doesn't look right or something....

I like Tim Bradstreet's covers for GI Joe: Reborn. His renditions of Cobra and Snake Eyes look real enough that they could easily translate those onto the screen.

I don't like the suits either. The black leather just doesn't do it for me....I realize they're trying to make it a bit more realistic by having the Joes wear similar uniforms, and to make it more "modern" like the X-Men suits, but it's much cooler when Snake Eyes is the only Joe in black. Speaking of Snake Eyes, I don't like the way they did his uniform....the promotional photos of him look like he's wearing a Halloween costume. The texture doesn't look right or something....

I like Tim Bradstreet's covers for GI Joe: Reborn. His renditions of Cobra and Snake Eyes look real enough that they could easily translate those onto the screen.

I think he was talking about how the suits make the JOE's like Superman, not that they're black.

Latest posts

Back