Ghost Rider movie discussion (spoilers!)

It was better than I expected it to be.

But I do agree that the fighting scenes was poor and should've had much more put into it. It was too quick and not so good.

Ghost Rider kicked ***. They definetly did justice with how he came out to be.

Story wasn't so bad, but nothing too good either. They'll make a sequel alright. Hopefully they'll have it better next time.

Overall, 3/5.

I'll probably see this eventually because it looks like good stupid-but-fun entertainment.

However, I read one of the most hilarious reviews ever on Rotten Tomatoes yesterday:

GhostRiderreview.gif

It was better than I expected it to be.

But I do agree that the fighting scenes was poor and should've had much more put into it. It was too quick and not so good.

Ghost Rider kicked ***. They definetly did justice with how he came out to be.

Story wasn't so bad, but nothing too good either. They'll make a sequel alright. Hopefully they'll have it better next time.

Overall, 3/5.

I agree. Except I'd give it a 2.5/5. It was decent. Not amazing, not horrible.

Oh man, just got back. It was awesome. I give it 8.5/10. The action was cool but it could have been at least two minutes longer a piece. Totally picking up the trades when I have the money.

Anyway I'm still not relying on Ghost Rider to be an amazing award winning film. As long as I can sit down and enjoy it for the helluva it, I'll be happy with it.

That's it exactly went in thinking and like it.

It wasn't special in anyway and had a few flaws. Longer action scenes and it's a little cheesy at times. Other then that I really enjoyed it.

Could it of been better? Hell yeah.

But Ghost Rider was cool and Nicolas Cage was pretty damn good.

And young Roxxy was teh HOTT. :drooling:

:heybaby:

Nothing really important, but I liked that she looks like a young Eva Mendez. Fit very well for the movie, too.

Last edited:
Ugh. This movie was bad. I mean "bad" bad. It was so bad that I actually wanted to run home and watch a 12-hour Elektra movie marathon. Just nonstop, back to back showings of Elektra.

That's how bad it was. Nevermind how incredibly cheesy it was.....it was just a poor film all together. I wasn't expecting this to be great. I really wasn't. I just wanted to be entertained. I wasn't. I couldn't wait for it to end. And the sad part....I knew from the moment the opening credits began to role that I was in for a long boring spell. And this coming from a man who saw Syriana.......in the theaters.......at midnight..........after being up since 4am.

I give them credit....the kid versions of Cage and Mendez were spot on in likeness. And Ghost Rider himself looked pretty cool.....especially the first time he transformed and turned back. But aside from that.....there wasn't anything else to enjoy.

The fights were too quick and boring. All the actors looked bored. And I sat there wondering why any of them would sign on to do something this bad. At least with Elektra being bad....I still had that feeling of wanting to watch it every now and then. But I don't ever wanna see Ghost Rider again. Ever.

The only good thing about this film was Sam Elliott. He played his character perfectly. I enjoyed seeing he and Cage ride side-by-side (actually racing each other-----not a lot of people picked up on that). And I did chuckle slightly when GR flipped the cops the middle finger as he drove off down the river (not a lot of people picked up on that either).

1/5 (and the 1 comes from the transformation scene)

I liked it. No it's not a great movie, it was even really bad at some points. Certain things that come off really cool in the comics simply don't translate very well to the big screen so it had plenty of cheese. I think because my expectations were so low it made me like GR. If I was anything more than hopeful it might have been a different story.

Ugh. This movie was bad. I mean "bad" bad. It was so bad that I actually wanted to run home and watch a 12-hour Elektra movie marathon. Just nonstop, back to back showings of Elektra.

Really? Did you actually want to run home? Why not drive or even take the bus? Or was it so bad you just had to run it off.

12 hours of Electra and I would commit suicide.

OK, I'd like to say I thought this one up, but I didn't. Moriarty at Ain't It Cool did:

I paraphrase:

"This movie was like getting excited to run up a steep hill - to look at a bucket of sh!t."

Didn't it seem like Fonda & Elliot thought htey were in a great movie? A totally different movie than the one we all saw? They were awesome. Fonda was the best devil since Vigo Mortinson in The Prophecy. Sam Elliot - who ya gonna call when you want someone to play a cowboy? You could edit out all of Nic Cage & Eve Mendes's scenes, CG in a real actor & actress - and it would be a great movie. The SFX were awesome.

C+ from me. Woulda been a D if it weren't for Elliot & Fonda.

That's how bad it was. Nevermind how incredibly cheesy it was.....it was just a poor film all together. I wasn't expecting this to be great. I really wasn't. I just wanted to be entertained. I wasn't. I couldn't wait for it to end. And the sad part....I knew from the moment the opening credits began to role that I was in for a long boring spell. And this coming from a man who saw Syriana.......in the theaters.......at midnight..........after being up since 4am.

I give them credit....the kid versions of Cage and Mendez were spot on in likeness. And Ghost Rider himself looked pretty cool.....especially the first time he transformed and turned back. But aside from that.....there wasn't anything else to enjoy.

The fights were too quick and boring. All the actors looked bored. And I sat there wondering why any of them would sign on to do something this bad. At least with Elektra being bad....I still had that feeling of wanting to watch it every now and then. But I don't ever wanna see Ghost Rider again. Ever.

The only good thing about this film was Sam Elliott. He played his character perfectly. I enjoyed seeing he and Cage ride side-by-side (actually racing each other-----not a lot of people picked up on that). And I did chuckle slightly when GR flipped the cops the middle finger as he drove off down the river (not a lot of people picked up on that either).

1/5 (and the 1 comes from the transformation scene)

Come now it wasnt that bad.

It brought in an estimated $44.5 million over the weekend domestically.

You know I like that comic book movies are getting more popular, but I wish they'd make better comic book movies.

I expected as much.

The big initial push will come opening weekend from all the comic fans and their friends. Then comes the second wave of fans who like mindless actions films. After that.....then you get the bad reviews and bad word of mouth. But by then all the people the movie was targeted at will have seen it and spent their money.

Now in the coming weeks....watch this film die away a horrible death like Keira Knightley's "Domino" (which I actually liked). Next week you'll see GR in like the #4 or 5 position. Hannibal and Norbit will come back ontop.

I expected as much.

The big initial push will come opening weekend from all the comic fans and their friends. Then comes the second wave of fans who like mindless actions films. After that.....then you get the bad reviews and bad word of mouth. But by then all the people the movie was targeted at will have seen it and spent their money.

Now in the coming weeks....watch this film die away a horrible death like Keira Knightley's "Domino" (which I actually liked). Next week you'll see GR in like the #4 or 5 position. Hannibal and Norbit will come back ontop.

like it matter at this point

They made alot of money and they're probably gonna make a sequel

and it really wasnt that bad i saw it twice myself

anywho im gonna see 23 this week

And young Roxxy was teh HOTT. :drooling:

:heybaby:

Nothing really important, but I liked that she looks like a young Eva Mendez. Fit very well for the movie, too.
I don't mean to sound like a pedophile for saying this (but you will all think I am anyway), but I think Raquel Alessi was actually HOTTER than Eva Mendes.

Latest posts

Back