Ghost Rider movie discussion (spoilers!)

I enjoyed it. Not something that comes easily anymore. Ever since working at the movies, I really enjoy less and less of what comes out.

The scariest part of the whole movie was the fact that the two other people in the theater had brought their four-year-old with them to watch a PG-13 rated film.... :shock:

Oh that's nothing. I've seen parents bring their young children into rated R films.

Had one lady complain to me about Clerks 2 being inappropriate for her child when I even warned her beforehand that it was rated R and definitely not suitable for a young kid.

I hate people sometimes... :evil:

I was waiting the whole time for Bentley to turn full Blackheart. All they did was show his teeth and some spiky hair. But it was good. Oh and Blackhearts going to be back for a sequel.

I actually enjoyed GR. Sure, it was incredibly cheesy, and I was getting pissed off with the overacted pointing that Nic Cage insisted on doing.. but I enjoyed it! Dunno if it was the fact that the trailers put me in a good mood to start (TMNT, Wild Hogs, FF2, Spiderman 3, Transformers - possibly the greatest trailer run ever...) or the fact that I didn't pay to get in, but I liked it. I loved the bit with the helicopter, and the bit when he takes the crooks' jacket in the prison cell.

I actually enjoyed GR. Sure, it was incredibly cheesy, and I was getting pissed off with the overacted pointing that Nic Cage insisted on doing.. but I enjoyed it! Dunno if it was the fact that the trailers put me in a good mood to start (TMNT, Wild Hogs, FF2, Spiderman 3, Transformers - possibly the greatest trailer run ever...) or the fact that I didn't pay to get in, but I liked it. I loved the bit with the helicopter, and the bit when he takes the crooks' jacket in the prison cell.

I was reading this at work and someone came in and was looking at it and he just said "Hells. . . butt. . . monkey?"

I said "I don't know this guy, I'm just reading movie reviews."

Wes Bentley's presence in this movie is a clear sign that he has a bad agent.

Remember that plastic bag from American Beauty? When it flew away, in it were the contents of his career.

The whole Legion thing is a reference to the biblical Legion; a demon made up of 1,000 demons

Uncle just told me

The whole Legion thing is a reference to the biblical Legion; a demon made up of 1,000 demons
A lot of people know about that because the whole "I am legion" thing has been used in pop culture --- video games, comics, cartoons, movies, TV --- very often, and when it's used they make no effort to hide its biblical roots because it makes the writers look 'smart'.

Hence why it's a bad line. It's painfully overdone.

A lot of people know about that because the whole "I am legion" thing has been used in pop culture --- video games, comics, cartoons, movies, TV --- very often, and when it's used they make no effort to hide its biblical roots because it makes the writers look 'smart'.

But but

I didnt know:oops:

That, and the "because we are many" part was ridiculous.

He may as well have said "I am Legion because I am legion." Jerk.

Check out the covers for the Ghost Rider dvd.

ghost_rider_ex_dvd201.jpg

ghost_rider_ws_dvd202.jpg

Source: Comicbookmovie.com

I have one complaint, and that is the fact that we didn't see Mephisto or Blackheart's comic forms. I was told in the end Blackheart turned into his comic form, but it was just a black-skinned Wes Bentley with red eyes.

Also, I think making the Phantom Rider of the comics the previous Ghost Rider was genius. Kudos for that one, MSJ, but negative kudos for not including the comic forms of Mephisto and Blackheart.

I have one complaint, and that is the fact that we didn't see Mephisto or Blackheart's comic forms. I was told in the end Blackheart turned into his comic form, but it was just a black-skinned Wes Bentley with red eyes.

Also, I think making the Phantom Rider of the comics the previous Ghost Rider was genius. Kudos for that one, MSJ, but negative kudos for not including the comic forms of Mephisto and Blackheart.

That's the only thing that bothered me about this movie to. Well, and Ghost Rider eating jelly beans out of a martini glass.

Latest posts

Back