Ghost Rider movie discussion (spoilers!)

saw today in cinema

Oh man, just got back. It was awesome. I give it 8.5/10. The action was cool but it could have been at least two minutes longer a piece. Totally picking up the trades when I have the money.

I agree with this.

I may have not read anything ghost rider so I don't know anything about him. How ever I enjoyed this film. Some dialogue was bad and like Hibiki said action fight scenes should of been stretched out.

However that said I still enjoyed the film alot. Not the best comic book movie but it is also no where near as bad as others like batman and robin , catwoman , superman III - returns , Hulk ect......

I also give it 8.5 out of 10

I saw the movie last night. I thought it started off slow, but got better towards the end. Not a bad movie. Wished the fight scenes lasted a little longer, but still not a bad. The graphic were cool, the jokes weren't to much or to little, but I thought story was a little weak. I give it a 7.6. Definitely a good weekend popcorn flick.

I live in the uk. I saw this 24th February. Yet the adverts on tv say it's not out in cinemas till march 2nd.

How is that possible? Must I have of seen a preview showing or something?

I live in the uk. I saw this 24th February. Yet the adverts on tv say it's not out in cinemas till march 2nd.

How is that possible? Must I have of seen a preview showing or something?
Maybe you saw it on a bootleg DVD?

Hey, that's what they do in my country. :p

Maybe you saw it on a bootleg DVD?

Hey, that's what they do in my country. :p

But if I had i wouldn't of said "saw today in cinema"

I checked up and yeah it was a preview screening which was cool.

but yeah mate pirate dvds are cool if good quality

Last edited:
I saw this tonight.

I liked it!

It was quirky and strange and really worked for me.

Johnson may be a horrible writer, but he has a strong visual sense that I like. And with the right actors, like he had here, he could end up making pretty decent movies.

I saw this on Wednesday and thought it was pretty good, despite knowing nothing about the comic book version of the character (other than the fact that he exists). I have a couple of the trades on order for the graphic novel section, so I'll read them over when they come in. Nice balance of action and humor, and the fact that Johnny Blaze was forced into the whole deal with the Devil on a technicality (as oppposed to "sure, I'll sign, gimme the paper") made the pay-back at the end particularly satisfying.

The scariest part of the whole movie was the fact that the two other people in the theater had brought their four-year-old with them to watch a PG-13 rated film.... :shock:

I saw this on Wednesday and thought it was pretty good, despite knowing nothing about the comic book version of the character (other than the fact that he exists). I have a couple of the trades on order for the graphic novel section, so I'll read them over when they come in. Nice balance of action and humor, and the fact that Johnny Blaze was forced into the whole deal with the Devil on a technicality (as oppposed to "sure, I'll sign, gimme the paper") made the pay-back at the end particularly satisfying.

In the comics he actually summons the dveil for the purpose of making a deal. Goat's blood, pentagram, the whole works.

I liked the quirkiness of the characters, particularly Blaze, which I assume was all Nicolas Cage's doing. The jelly beans, the Carpenters, the chimps, all of it was cool. Johnny Blaze would've actually been a better movie than Ghost Rider, but it was still neat overall.

Although at some points he came dangerously close to becoming more of a Ghost Punner.

Latest posts

Back