Gotham TV Series news

Re: Gotham Central TV Series?

BRUCE WAYNE to Be Regular Cast Member On Fox's GOTHAM

10-year-old Bruce Wayne, that is…

TV Show Auditions is reporting Friday that pre-teen Bruce is among the roles currently being cast as series regulars on Fox's upcoming Batman 'prequel' TV series Gotham.

The show has already received a straight-to-series commitment with The Mentalist creator Bruno Heller serving as executive producer, head writer, and showrunner.

Last edited:
BRUCE WAYNE to Be Regular Cast Member On Fox’s GOTHAM 10-year-old Bruce Wayne, that is… TV Show Auditions is reporting Friday that pre-teen Bruce is among the roles currently being cast as series regulars on Fox’s upcoming Batman ‘prequel’ TV series Gotham. The show has already received a straight-to-series commitment with The Mentalist creator Bruno Heller serving as executive producer, head writer, and showrunner.

That's cool, Heller oversaw Rome, which is one if my all time favorite shows. May have to check it out...even though the idea of a Batman-less Gotham show is a bit inherently uninteresting to me.

even though the idea of a Batman-less Gotham show is a bit inherently uninteresting to me.

Agreed, but it's not a deal breaker for me. I'm very interested, I just don't understand how an orphaned rich kid fits into the show unless there is more back story that I just don't know about, other than Gordon having comforted young Bruce after his parents were killed.

Agreed, but it's not a deal breaker for me. I'm very interested, I just don't understand how an orphaned rich kid fits into the show unless there is more back story that I just don't know about, other than Gordon having comforted young Bruce after his parents were killed.

I may be wrong but I'm thinking it may only be a recurring role, not a full time cast member. Like as the series progresses Gordon continually tries to solve the Wayne murders, and sometimes re-interviews Bruce or Alfred (even though he wasn't there at the scene). It'd be interesting if the murders of Thomas and Martha aren't solved in a "done-in-one" episode, but create more of a season-long recurring arc.

I may be wrong but I'm thinking it may only be a recurring role, not a full time cast member. Like as the series progresses Gordon continually tries to solve the Wayne murders, and sometimes re-interviews Bruce or Alfred (even though he wasn't there at the scene). It'd be interesting if the murders of Thomas and Martha aren't solved in a "done-in-one" episode, but create more of a season-long recurring arc.

Maaaaaaaybe...I can't think of what a 10 year old kid would have to offer story-wise in that regard though.

Bruce as a target of kidnappers, villains, or terrorists?

Bruce at the center of a custody struggle between Alfred and the Kanes (his mother's side of the family), who Gordon suspects are in bed with the local crime families?

Bruce as a target of kidnappers, villains, or terrorists?

Bruce at the center of a custody struggle between Alfred and the Kanes (his mother's side of the family), who Gordon suspects are in bed with the local crime families?

Bruce taken in as Jim Gordon's ward after witnessing the tragic death of his parents?

Bruce learning his detective skills from Gordon as they fight crime together?

Because Ice and I were just talking about the lack of news on this yesterday...

"TOMORROW PEOPLE'S" DANNY CANNON TO DIRECT FOX'S "GOTHAM" PILOT

Jim Gordon's arrival in "Gotham" was announced in 2013, and now the Fox series' pilot has named Danny Cannon to direct and executive produce the pilot, according to Deadline. Cannon previously directed the pilot for The CW's "Nikita" and is the exec producer on the network's currently-running "The Tomorrow People," for which he also directed the pilot.

"Gotham's" pilot, written by "The Mentalist" creator Bruno Heller, was at the center of a bidding war when Fox won the rights to it. As part of the deal, the network gave "Gotham" a series commitment, attaching a penalty to the pilot should the show not get picked up.

"Gotham" Looking For A Young Bruce Wayne

"Gotham" will follow the early career of Detective James Gordon as he attempts to clean up the streets of what will eventually become Batman's city. Though the Dark Knight will not appear on the series, a casting call for a young Bruce Wayne went out in late 2013, and the show will reportedly feature a variety of villains familiar to fans of the superhero. "Gotham" has been referred to by Deadline as "one of the two hottest drama projects this season," along with CBS' "Extant."

LOL They got the director of Judge Dredd XD

Gotham TV series will focus on Bruce Wayne after all

So apparently the series won't focus on Gordon as previously reported, but will follow Bruce from when his parents are killed until he first puts on the cape. Course that's a fairly extensive span of time in-universe, 10-20 years, and wonder if they'll explore Bruce's world traveling and training in Asia.

The likening to Smallville in the article hopefully only refers to the naming convention, and hopefully not tone.

Gotham TV series will focus on Bruce Wayne after all

So apparently the series won't focus on Gordon as previously reported, but will follow Bruce from when his parents are killed until he first puts on the cape. Course that's a fairly extensive span of time in-universe, 10-20 years, and wonder if they'll explore Bruce's world traveling and training in Asia.

The likening to Smallville in the article hopefully only refers to the naming convention, and hopefully not tone.

Blargh.

wonder if they'll explore Bruce's world traveling and training in Asia.

At that point it's not really about Gotham then.

Hard to be surprised by this. Batman sells. A TV show about Gotham without Batman? Probably not as much.

If they had just gone the Gotham Central route and made it a cool Gotham crime show with periodic appearances by Batman it would be huge. Oh well. No one ever gives people what they want when it comes to stuff like this. Executives always know better.

At that point it's not really about Gotham then.

Of course it is, if those scenes are explored as flashbacks while the majority if the show is set in Gotham.

Hard to be surprised by this. Batman sells. A TV show about Gotham without Batman? Probably not as much. If they had just gone the Gotham Central route and made it a cool Gotham crime show with periodic appearances by Batman it would be huge. Oh well. No one ever gives people what they want when it comes to stuff like this. Executives always know better.

This is going to be interesting. A live action Batman TV show essentially.

I am disappointed that it sounds like they're essentially remaking Smallville with Batman.

Of course it is

It really isn't. At that point one character becomes bigger than the city itself. When it's established that Bruce Wayne is in it that's the point people will be watching for Bruce Wayne, hoping to see Batman, and anything else about Gotham City the city is secondary.

It really isn't. At that point one character becomes bigger than the city itself. When it's established that Bruce Wayne is in it that's the point people will be watching for Bruce Wayne, hoping to see Batman, and anything else about Gotham City the city is secondary.

Maybe, but seeing as how Gotham's fate is inevitably tied into Bruce's/Batman's I find it difficult (and unnecessary) to separate the two. Especially considering they're going to introduce Batman's villains in the show.

While a Batman-less Gotham cop drama may have been interesting, I find it hard to believe it would've brought in enough viewers regularly to stay on the air and attract advertisers.

Latest posts

Back