Grand Theft Auto V

I'm about to hijack a submarine in preparation to steal an experimental government weapon.

My love for this game is great.

I use Franklin and Michael's special abilities once in a while and can get use out of them. But Trevor's does not help me at all.

Like the mission where you have to destroy the meth lab. Once I got in the house I used it to take on the 5-6 guys that come at you all at once but it doesn't really make it easier to kill them; just to limit the damage they do. I can't even seem to auto target when I'm using it.

I robbed my first armored truck the other day. As the guy was walking to it with the brief case I knocked him out and ran off with the money. Got around $3,000+. So far it's only the second one I've seen.

I use Franklin and Michael's special abilities once in a while and can get use out of them. But Trevor's does not help me at all.

Like the mission where you have to destroy the meth lab. Once I got in the house I used it to take on the 5-6 guys that come at you all at once but it doesn't really make it easier to kill them; just to limit the damage they do. I can't even seem to auto target when I'm using it.

Well, I don't use auto-targeting (free aim all the way, baby!) so it's not a problem for me.

Trevor's ability seems most useful in those big, overwhelming firefights. When there's half a dozen or more dudes around me, I'll pop out of cover, activate his ability, then just rip through the dudes with my shotty and grenade launcher, then either duck back behind cover or swap to someone else. It's great outside of missions when you're pinned down and surrounded by cops. Pop out of cover, activate, annihilate the cluster of cop cars with a launched grenade or two, and sprint for a getaway car. It's also good for a quick save when you're almost out of health and surrounded by mooks. Activate the ability and then retreat back to cover.

It's not good when you're in a heavy cover firefight where you're just popping up and shooting, but when you've got a legion of dudes in front of you and you have to make the distance to the next bit of cover, it can be a lifesaver. Or when you're flanked, and popping up to take care of the guy on your side means you're going to get blasted from every angle. I first found it useful in the botched drug deal with Franklin and Lamar.

I didn't use it in the meth lab run, for instance. That mission, I sniped everyone around the perimeter without raising the alarm, snuck in the house through the back door and stealth killed the guy by the stairs, blasted the two guys in the kitchen quickly. Somehow that didn't raise the alarm, just leaving two rooms with four or five guys hanging out in each. I fired a grenade into each room and that took care of that. Those hicks didn't even get a single shot off.

Honestly, I've barely used Michael's ability, but that may be largely because I haven't used Mike as much as the other two guys. Franklin's is a huge boon used in multiple short bursts for high speed chases. Trevor's is a lifesaver in tight spots, but I'll tend to bleed through his power bar in one go.

Last edited:
Well, I don't use auto-targeting (free aim all the way, baby!) so it's not a problem for me.

OH LOOK AT MISTER BIG TIME SHOOTER OVER HERE

I didn't use it in the meth lab run, for instance. That mission, I sniped everyone around the perimeter without raising the alarm, snuck in the house through the back door and stealth killed the guy by the stairs, blasted the two guys in the kitchen quickly. Somehow that didn't raise the alarm, just leaving two rooms with four or five guys hanging out in each. I fired a grenade into each room and that took care of that. Those hicks didn't even get a single shot off.

That. I should have done that. I actually did snipe everyone outside from a distance and that worked great, but I didn't even think to go and see if there was a back door to the house. I didn't think to use grenades, either. I need to get more imaginative with my killing.

I finally tried robbing a convenience store. I found one that looked like I could get away from easily and pulled it off, but I only got about $700. I tried another and got $500, then another and got just over $225. So I'm not sure it's worth the effort it takes to find an appropriate getaway vehicle and time to map out an escape route.

Or maybe stores in certain areas get you more in a robbery? It didn't seem to be the case with the ones I tried.

Haha. Did anyone watch TV with Franklin and notice The Expendables reference?

Is there anything to be gained by sitting and watching TV or movies? I flipped through the channels a couple times and I went to a movie but even though they were funny I felt like there was too much stuff to do. But if there is a benefit to doing so I would do it more.

Is there anything to be gained by sitting and watching TV or movies? I flipped through the channels a couple times and I went to a movie but even though they were funny I felt like there was too much stuff to do. But if there is a benefit to doing so I would do it more.
No, I don't think there is. I just tried it out just to try it. I did it with Franklin and he only has two channels on his TV. The cartoon and the expendables parody.

OH LOOK AT MISTER BIG TIME SHOOTER OVER HERE

*struts*

E said:
That. I should have done that. I actually did snipe everyone outside from a distance and that worked great, but I didn't even think to go and see if there was a back door to the house. I didn't think to use grenades, either. I need to get more imaginative with my killing.

Yeah. One of the big improvements in this game is that stealth and alternate routes are a feasible option for a lot of the missions, and cover really matters. And that grenade launcher is super useful, especially with Trevor, who can activate his special and blast away without worrying about getting caught in the blast radius.

E said:
I finally tried robbing a convenience store. I found one that looked like I could get away from easily and pulled it off, but I only got about $700. I tried another and got $500, then another and got just over $225. So I'm not sure it's worth the effort it takes to find an appropriate getaway vehicle and time to map out an escape route.

Or maybe stores in certain areas get you more in a robbery? It didn't seem to be the case with the ones I tried.

I've robbed a couple. I think the most I've gotten is ~700. I guess the advantage is that they're low risk ways to make a small bit of cash quick and given that the heists are few and far between (seriously, I'm deep into the game and the only heist I've been on with an actual payout was the jewel store robbery), I'm frequently strapped for money. Mike and Frank usually have some money (I sank most of their scores into buying a piece of property and souping up a car respectively) and F keeps his balance up by playing the stocks on the assassination missions, but Trevor is lucky to ever have a thousand bucks in his pocket. Hold-ups only score a few hundred bucks, but I haven't done any planning on them. Just jack the place, steal whatever car's in the lot, and peel out before the cops can arrive. It can be useful if you need to stock up on ammo.

Helpful tip: invest everything a character has in the stocks Lester tells you about, not just Franklin.

I haven't robbed any stores yet but I've done a few heists now and they are all amazing. I think I'm about to start planning the big score near the end of the game.

These guys aren't criminals, they're terrorists. I just did a bank heist that would ensure that they'd never have a moment of peace for the rest of their life.

I bought this game yesterday morning and played it with my brother for about 10 hours straight until it glitched/crashed and I went in the other room to pass out while my brother continued playing. We had about 10% of the game completed at 10 hours.

I think I can safely say that this is the best game I've ever played. There's so much you can do in this game that I wouldn't know where to begin explaining to somebody why it's so great because I can't remember all the details. You can do everything in this game, and every aspect of this game is improved from the other GTAs - the story, the dialogue, the gameplay. GTA usually has some absurd dialogue but the dialogue in this game is so damn good and it's also really awesome how the storylines intersect.

And the soundtrack, good lord. Flying Lotus, NWA, Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, Ty Segall, Thee Oh Sees, Wavves, "Radio Ga Ga" by Queen, "I Don't Care Anymore" by Phil Collins, "Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting" by Elton John, "The Breakup Song" by Greg Kihn Band, "Night Moves" by Bob Seger, "What a Fool Believes" by the Doobie Brothers, "Party All the Time" by Eddie Murphy...

Less than a week until GTA Online launches, bros.

Yesterday I heard a guy say that the pc version needs to come out so he can pirate it. T that's why it's not out guy.

Latest posts

Back