Greg Lantern the Movie

Re: Green Lantern-the Movie

I'm sure I remember reading a script review which mentioned that Superman made an appearance.

I'm sure I remember reading a script review which mentioned that Superman made an appearance.
I just read it and he does
As Clark Kent, the Green Ring passes by him when choosing it's new owner.
Also the first draft of the script sounds awesome.

I have no problem with either of those two domino masks.

The idea of a domino mask functioning as a disguise is stupid though, so if they're going for realism, maybe they should leave it out.

I don't understand why Hal wears a domino mask. He's fighting aliens and stuff, they don't care about his secret identity. His secret identity means precisely dick on other planets.

Well, AICN are reporting a 'reliable' rumour that Jackey Earl Hayley is in the running to play Sinestro

I like the thought of JEH has Sinestro, he was fantastic in watchmen

I don't like that idea.

Last edited:

Quentin Tarantino on Green Lantern said:
"I was offered the 'Green Lantern,' " Tarantino told MTV News. "Not since it's been a script, but just like, 'Hey we own the 'Green Lantern.' Would you like it?'"

"So there's a little part of me that's like, 'Wow, if I was in my 20s, this would be the genre I'd want to specialize in," he said. "But they weren't making them then, or at least not the right ones. But there also is an aspect where I've kind of outgrown that a little bit."

That would be bizarre.

That would be bizarre.

A super-hero movie by Tarantino would be worse than bizarre, it'd be terrible. Sorry, QT's storytelling style, dialogue, and cinematic tone are just worlds away from the super-hero genre in too many ways for me to ever believe he could pull it off. I like his work, but no.

A super-hero movie by Tarantino would be worse than bizarre, it'd be terrible. Sorry, QT's storytelling style, dialogue, and cinematic tone are just worlds away from the super-hero genre in too many ways for me to ever believe he could pull it off. I like his work, but no.

I think if Tarantino would be able to tone his own style done it could be interesting, though that's a big ****ing risk. He'[s better off doing his own thing

He did write a screenplay for a Silver Surfer movie which is probably even weirder than Tarantino doing Green Lantern.

I think if Tarantino would be able to tone his own style done it could be interesting, though that's a big ****ing risk. He'[s better off doing his own thing

Thats how I look at it, though in a more cynical nature.

He did write a screenplay for a Silver Surfer movie which is probably even weirder than Tarantino doing Green Lantern.

I'll have to see if I can read that online.

Wholeheartedly agree.

I mean its no secret that he loves superheroes, and I can even see him writing a miniseries based on his work or maybe a select few mainstream/indie heroes. His style could work in the written format because individually each issue or chapter is awesome yet indecipherable....but when put together and collected at the end---awesome story!

But transfer that to the bigscreen? Doubt it.

Although I can see him doing a couple "comic" movies. Maybe a QT-style Hellblazer or maybe even Jason Aaron's Scalped. But a major superhero movie? No.

Tarantino would not be right for a Green Lantern flick

Heroes for Hire however, he would knock out of the park

Heroes for Hire however, he would knock out of the park

I used to think the same thing...but now, not so much. If I was doing a Daughter of the Dragon or Heroes For Hire film, I'd go with a huge stylized director like McG.

I know...I know....you hear McG and wanna cringe. But think about it for a bit.

His style has changed a lot since he first started.

I'm looking for flashy action like Charlie's Angels...gritty look like Terminator Salvation...and serious story like We Are Marshall.

I know...I know....brilliant!

But back to GL.

I don't know if Ryan Reynolds is still the right choice for GL. My choice would've been Matthew Bomer.

matt-bomer.jpg

I don't know Tarantino on a Marvel Knights movie would be fantastic. Daredevil, Cage, Iron Fist, Moon Knight, Black Widow, Punisher, Cloak and Dagger. Tell me that would not be fantastic.

I honestly can't imagine any Tarantino superhero movie. He did say that if he was to do one now he would create his own superhero, which I think would be for the best.

Anyway... I still can't get excited for Green Lantern. The movie would have to be better than the comics for me to be interested in it and the comics are awesome at the moment so I don't have much hope for the movie...

I honestly can't imagine any Tarantino superhero movie. He did say that if he was to do one now he would create his own superhero, which I think would be for the best.

Anyway... I still can't get excited for Green Lantern. The movie would have to be better than the comics for me to be interested in it and the comics are awesome at the moment so I don't have much hope for the movie...

I don't know, the personality for the characters is right. Reynolds will definetly be able to pull off the cockey flyboy attitude of Jordan and Haley will be able to play a wicked Sinestro. The scripts only gotten good reviews and i think it'll be able to be great.

Ugh.

We're casting from Gossip Girl now?

Now I've never seen the show....but the horrendous clips shown on The Soup lets me know that my life is actually richer for not seeing the show. So this news is definitely disheartening.

I'll still try to remain optimistic.

Wasn't she in Accepted with Justin Long?

Yep.

I actually don't have a problem with this casting. I'm cautiously optimistic. Fans love to ***** and complain. I don't really get some of the hate this movie is getting.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back