Greg Lantern the Movie

Re: Green Lantern-the Movie

As opposed to the official, fan made photoshopped look at Ryan Reynolds as Green Lantern.

That would have worked if I had said "the unofficial fan-made," but I said "the unofficial, fan-made." There's a difference. The latter indicates that it is an unofficial photoshopped look and that it is a fan-made photoshopped look. The way you're thinking is that it's unofficially fan-made; that the way the fan made it was unofficial. This is not the case, however.

Last edited:

Fan Art Exhibit are running this unofficial, fan made photoshopped look at Ryan Reynolds as Green Lantern.

zz0f8b57c9-550x686-400x499.jpg

That's a damn fine manip

That would have worked if I had said "the unofficial fan-made," but I said "the unofficial, fan-made." There's a difference. The latter indicates that it is an unofficial photoshopped look and that it is a fan-made photoshopped look. The way you're thinking is that it's unofficially fan-made; that the way the fan made it was unofficial. This is not the case, however.
So you were being repetitive?

Or there is some kind of "official" way to make a fan-made photoshop? Like Warner Bros. was planning to come out with their own ****ty photoshop of Ryan Reynolds as Green Lantern but some tenacious fan beat them to it?

You, sir, confuse me greatly.

So you were being repetitive?

Or there is some kind of "official" way to make a fan-made photoshop? Like Warner Bros. was planning to come out with their own ****ty photoshop of Ryan Reynolds as Green Lantern but some tenacious fan beat them to it?

You, sir, confuse me greatly.

"Unofficial" and "fan-made" aren't interchangeable. Just like when someone says something like .... "That big, fat loser!" "Big" and "fat" aren't interchangeable, so it makes sense in that sentence. But if you were to say "That big, large loser!", it wouldn't really make sense. "Unofficial" doesn't necessarily indicate that it's fan-made. "Fan-made" doesn't just mean "unofficial," but if the thing is fan-made, then it is unofficial (in addition to being made by a fan). I guess it depends on what you consider a fan, though. A fan could be anybody who isn't involved with the comics/movies.

But I didn't really write it anyway:
http://www.obsessedwithfilm.com/movie-news/now-i-can-see-it.php

No more grammar talk.

There's also these. It's unofficial, non- fan-made concept art pitched for the movie. I believe I've posted them before:
http://host.trivialbeing.org/galleries/green-lantern-20080903-concept-art/green-lantern-concept.jpg

Which costume looks the best?
zz0f8b57c9-550x686-400x499.jpg
green-lantern-concept.jpg

I wish they'd just stick to this:
Green_Lantern_Hal_Jordan_002_copy.jpg

There's no reason they have to Batman-it up with his costume.

Last edited:

Langsta...

You make my brain hurt.

There's no reason they have to Batman-it up with his costume.

I agree. Imo GL has one of the coolest costumes in comics.

They should use the Johns/Van Sciver costume that is not material but something generated by the ring and the chest symbol resonates and glows.

That would be cool.

I'd be pretty happy with the classic costume made out of the same material as the Fantastic Four movie costumes, with a luminous lantern logo. And the white gloves are essential and cool to me.

And moonmaster.... give him a break....:?

I'd be pretty happy with the classic costume made out of the same material as the Fantastic Four movie costumes, with a luminous lantern logo. And the white gloves are essential and cool to me.

And moonmaster.... give him a break....:?

Agreed. As for that manip of Reynolds...i think it's well done but I don't like the costume. The green isn't green enough, and i really hope they have white on the suit. it really makes it pop. As for his mask, I can only hope they do it in a way that doesn't make it look ridiculous. Those kind of masks almost always look kinda silly on screen.

Yeah.

Hollywood is obsessed with making everything "darker" nowadays though. They think that it has to be dark in order to be realistic.

Last edited:

It doesn't matter because it's the same uniform. I was just showing a different, more detailed picture of it.

Latest posts

Back