Greg Lantern the Movie

Re: Green Lantern-the Movie

There's no law against it. It's no different than an actor playing different roles in his career.

What's the difference between Reynolds playing Deadpool/Hannibal King/Hal Jordan and Stallone playing Rocky/Rambo?

I mean, we could go even further and say what's the difference between this instance and a Marvel writer going to write for DC? Or even a Marvel writer for one title write another Marvel title? It's like saying Brubaker shouldn't have been allowed to write DD and Cap.

writing and acting are two completely different things (surprised you didn't know that ). all I'm saying is as long as it doesn't conflict later it should be fine.( i.e. don't play 2 roles for the same comic book company, blade doesn't count, it will never cross into another comic movie for Marvel, 1 Exception) We'll see.

CBR:

Comic Book Movie's dedication to the New Orleans filming of the film is near awe-inspiring. They have a great connection to local fans snapping up great info and pics. Today, they offer us a glimpse at what could easily be Abin Sur's spacecraft:

1270652191.jpg

I've always thought it was a little weird that a Green Lantern would fly a spaceship, but I suppose Abin Sur was using most of his will to keep his guts inside his body. Meanwhile, Mark Strong talks Sinestro to USA Today Weekend. "Sinestro starts out as Hal Jordan's mentor, slightly suspicious and not sure of him because obviously Hal is the first human being who's made into a Green Lantern. He's certainly very strict and certainly unsure of the wisdom of Hal becoming a Green Lantern," says Strong. He also noted Sinestro and Hal Jordan were originally designed to resemble David Niven and Errol Flynn. "In the '30s and '40s, they shared an apartment together in Hollywood when they were making movies and they were great frien
ds."

Last edited:

CBR:

Superhero Hype has learned actor Jon Tenney has been cast as Martin Jordan -- Hal's father -- in the film. "It's under lockdown, that script. It's very, very secretive. They're only releasing sections of it, so they're keeping everybody in the dark," says the actor. Meanwhile, Slashfilm reports you will never see a set photo of Ryan Reynolds in the GL costume for a curious, interesting, and somewhat terrifying reason. "The suit that Ryan wears on set is a grey tracking motion/performance capture suit with led lights. I've heard that Ryan Reynolds has been joking on set that Warner Bros is going to make him into a Na'vi when the final cut is released. His joke, not mine. The Green Lantern suit you will see in the final film will be almost entirely created using computers," writes Slashfilm's Peter Sciretta.

it's still too early to say whether or not it will be a bad idea. part of me thinks it's a great idea, part of me thinks it's a bad idea. we'll have to wait til we actually see the thing to decide for sure. i have faith in martin campbell though.

it's still too early to say whether or not it will be a bad idea. part of me thinks it's a great idea, part of me thinks it's a bad idea. we'll have to wait til we actually see the thing to decide for sure. i have faith in martin campbell though.

It's just a completely necessary idea

Making the suit cgi? Pretty bad idea

I totally disagree... The suit is a construct of the ring, I bet they make the green parts of the suit glow a little, which seems fitting... I'd rather it be something ethereal and alien than it clearly just being skintight pleather.

The suit is a construct of the ring, I bet they make the green parts of the suit glow a little, which seems fitting... I'd rather it be something ethereal and alien than it clearly just being skintight pleather.

I agree and hope you're right. I'd like to see the GL symbol kind of glowing off his chest (like the way Ethan Van Sciver draws it)

I agree. I think it'll help establish Lantern as different than every other leather wearing terrestrial. While it makes sense that the ring would make a substance like spandex that conforms to Hal's mind as to what a superhero would wear it doesn't make sense as to the Corps as a whole. The ring is pure energy incarnate and the Guardians would want that to be shown on the uniform itself. Its like how Johns described it at the beginning of his GL run. The green glows green hot more or less radiating the energy of a power source that could power a sun. Therefore the green on his suit would almost be like the Emerald Flame that Alan Scott gets from the Starheart. On the other side of that the black in his uniform is cold and shadowy like space itself. It would represent the uncertainty of space which many of the criminals the GLC would face fear. It shows how the Green Lanterns control space. I think another visual aspect that would make it even more thrilling would be a star field on the black similar to Donna Troy or Starman's uniforms.

Also about the emblem flashing a bit it's supposed to because the GL's are essentially cops and the emblem is their siren showing the enemies who exactly is coming at them. I think something as simple as the structure of the uniform could show what the goals and methods of the Guardians are to viewers. Or it could just look cool on screen.

Already an improvement over the midget with a giant head.

CBR:

Latino Review caught up with actor Temura Morrison over the weekend at an "Empire Strikes Back" celebration at Disney World. The actor confirmed he has completed work on "Green Lantern," and revealed he may be back for the sequel. "They want me to come back in the sequel. They want to show you my backend story for the next movie. They want to show you how I become part of Green Lantern Corps," says Morrison. Is it possible the film series will use the prophecy of Blackest Night or Atrocitus?

Green Lantern Movie Synopsis

Apparently the main bad is
Parallax.Hopefully they don't do the whole Parallax possesses Hal thing or whatever it is. I'm kinda shakey on my knowledge of the comics. I wonder how Hector Hammond fits into this as Peter Sarsgaard was photographed in make up.

I have faith in Martin Campbell that this movie will kick ass.

Latest posts

Back