Greg Lantern the Movie

Re: Green Lantern-the Movie

Honestly, I like it. It looks cool for a solid light construct.

I have mixed feelings about it, really. I certainly don't hate it, but I can't say that it looks as heroic as I would have liked. I think I'll have to reserve judgement until I see it in motion and in less dramatic lighting. I'm glad they kept the mask but it looks pretty bad in this photo. Hopefully we'll get a better idea in future images.

I will say that for better or worse, it is one of the most interesting superhero designs in a while and it will certainly be stuck in my head.

Copied straight from Facebook:

I was really hoping for white gloves, but I guess that was probably off the table to begin with.

Assuming there IS actually black on the suit.... I still dunno. I like that it's luminous but I think this really is a case of having to wait until we see it in motion(and lit differently) to understand. I usually can't stand when people say that to detractors of a costume(having put up with months of it before Superman Returns to end up seeing a suit that looked just as bad in the movie for all the same reasons in did in photos), but this photo is SO processed and this suit has SO much to do with light that I think it's necessary here.

The mask is the only part that looks really bad, like it was hand drawn with some random person's copy of Photoshop at the last second. I like what it does around the eyes and the fact that it covers his nose like in the comics, but come on. I could've painted that thing on with an 20% transparent green brush tool. You can see his pores and whiskers around the edges. There's no way to judge it until we see the real deal. Something like Robin's mask in Batman Forever with a nose on it would look pretty good, I think.

It looks just like the concept art that was "leaked" a couple months ago. The concept art had the same veiny, "symbiote" look to it.

it looks like the neon glow kit thats used for the undercarriage of a car

The suit looks like the human muscle tissue layer, just neon with a logo. I don't know... I don't hate it nor like it at the moment.

Last edited:

I don't like it.

It might look amazing in action though.

I really think this is one of those times where the costume may look completely different on film than it does in a photo. It sounds like they are going to have like a green aura around the suits. Also I wonder if the suit kinda spreads over his body from the ring kind of like the Venom symbiote...that could explain the "muscley" look of the suit.

I hate that domino mask though.

Yeah, the mask is the worst part. It doesn't look like it has any depth to it. It's just been pasted on.

Assuming there IS actually black on the suit.... I still dunno. I like that it's luminous but I think this really is a case of having to wait until we see it in motion(and lit differently) to understand. I usually can't stand when people say that to detractors of a costume(having put up with months of it before Superman Returns to end up seeing a suit that looked just as bad in the movie for all the same reasons in did in photos),

Completely disagree. In spite of all the problems I have with that movie; the only real problem I have with the costume is the actual logo on the chest. Other than that, I really liked it.

The mask is the only part that looks really bad, like it was hand drawn with some random person's copy of Photoshop at the last second. I like what it does around the eyes and the fact that it covers his nose like in the comics, but come on. I could've painted that thing on with an 20% transparent green brush tool. You can see his pores and whiskers around the edges. There's no way to judge it until we see the real deal. Something like Robin's mask in Batman Forever with a nose on it would look pretty good, I think.

Agree 100%

I'd be willing to bet that everything about this costume is going to look better in pictures that haven't been absolutely raped by photoshop and adobe after effects.

Promo Pics

These look great. My faith is completely restored.

Pretty much, yeah. Reynolds really IS Jordan in those photos.

Last edited:

Promo Pics

These look great. My faith is completely restored.

Ryan Reynolds just does not look Hal Jordan-y enough.

I know that sounds dumb but I'm just not seeing it. It doesn't help that the last movie I saw him in was that one he did recently with Sandra Bullock (my wife was watching it - don't judge me).

I know that sounds dumb but I'm just not seeing it. It doesn't help that the last movie I saw him in was that one he did recently with Sandra Bullock (my wife was watching it - don't judge me).

I still agree. I was really impressed by how Hal Jordan-y that first pic of him from like three months ago, but these are a step down. I don't get the hype.

tumblr_l5m6b0k9061qaw87mo1_500.jpg

I don't get it. He looks incredibly Hal Jordan like to me.

In other news, the more I see the suit and the more I think about it, the less and less I like it. Hopefully it looks better in a clearer shot of the entire suit. I still think the movies going to be the best of the big three coming out next summer.

Latest posts

Back