Greg Lantern the Movie

Re: Green Lantern-the Movie

tumblr_l5m6b0k9061qaw87mo1_500.jpg

That is awesome.

I don't get it. He looks incredibly Hal Jordan like to me.

He looks dressed like Hal Jordan. He might as well be Van Wilder or Hannibal King.

He looks dressed like Hal Jordan. He might as well be Van Wilder or Hannibal King.

That sounds stupid. I don't get your point. You have no idea what he's going to act like because you haven't seen any footage.

I swear, if I was an actor or director in Hollywood I would give up on adapting comic book properties into films just because fanboys ***** about everything.

That sounds stupid. I don't get your point. You have no idea what he's going to act like because you haven't seen any footage.

I swear, if I was an actor or director in Hollywood I would give up on adapting comic book properties into films just because fanboys ***** about everything.

Let me re-phrase. He looks like Van Wilder dressed in an outfit that Hal Jordan (or the Fonz) would wear. Of course I haven't seen any footage, I'm just reacting to what I have seen.

Let me re-phrase. He looks like Van Wilder dressed in an outfit that Hal Jordan (or the Fonz) would wear. Of course I haven't seen any footage, I'm just reacting to what I have seen.

That's probably because Hal Jordan will be played by the same actor that played Van Wilder...you see, Hal Jordan (like most comic book characters) is not a real person. This means that in comic book movies actors have to be utilized. These are people that pretend to be other people time and time again in various movies. While I know that this idea can be a confusing one, I am sure that in time you will learn to understand this sad fact of life.

Promo Pics

These look great. My faith is completely restored.

You're allowed to have your entire faith in the film restored because you think the pics look great, but Langsta isn't allowed to remain unimpressed because he hasn't seen any footage?

Neither have you!

You've both made judgments based on the exact same amount of evidence. His isn't less valid than yours.

That's exactly it. I wouldn't have recognized it had I not seen this picture, but it does look like green meat.

You're allowed to have your entire faith in the film restored because you think the pics look great, but Langsta isn't allowed to remain unimpressed because he hasn't seen any footage?

Neither have you!

You've both made judgments based on the exact same amount of evidence. His isn't less valid than yours.

Well put. And exactly right.

Neither have you!

I just don't get what he's complaining about. It seems less to do with how he looks and more to do with the fact that Ryan Reynolds is playing him. If it's the latter than all I'm saying is that he should wait to see how he actually plays the character, and that he shouldn't just act all bitter that Ryan Reynolds got the part. To say the GL suit looks stupid is one thing, he the shots of him as Hal look like pretty much every other interpretation of him I've seen in comic books.

To say the GL suit looks stupid is one thing, he the shots of him as Hal look like pretty much every other interpretation of him I've seen in comic books.

No they don't.

?!

I DK makes a fair point in that Langsta's comment is more about mocking Reynolds' previous roles than it does about whether or not Reynolds superficially looks anything like the character. Planet-Man's right in saying that Langsta has every reason to dislike them, but when he specifically cites previous roles the actor's played (that aren't that visually distinguishing), he's clearly just expressing a dislike for the actor's style as opposed to his physicality.

I do think Reynolds looks like Jordan, since when does that make any difference in the actual movie? Everyone hated Daniel Craig and Heath Ledger and they were both excellent (Craig was even directed by Campbell) in parts where they looked nothing like the characters (at least the general public perceptions of those characters).

The reason I like those photos is because of the intensity and charisma I think Reynolds is exuding in them (especially the one with the ring levitating above his hand). I want to know more about the character he's playing here. They're stuck in my head. And when snapshots of a movie can do that, I am excited for that movie.

Also, if you want to talk about Reynolds' career, Hal Jordan (pre-ring, at least) pretty much is a less exaggerated, grown-up version of Van Wilder in a lot of ways. Plus, he was very good in Definitely, Maybe as a confident, aspiring politician; completely unlike any of his action or gross-out comedy roles. If I hadn't seen that movie, I probably wouldn't give him a chance, either.

Last edited:

The costume is absolutely phenomenal. He is a spitting image of Hal. The texture looks alien which makes perfect sense since the ring is of alien origin. The CGI costume is spot on as well since the ring creates the costume. I can't wait to see this movie.

Never been able to sit through a Hellraiser movie. I've tried, but the pins in the face... I can't even get past that let alone the real gory stuff that comes later on! LOL

[video=youtube;7WwfRU3hU_k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WwfRU3hU_k[/video]

Latest posts

Back