Greg Lantern the Movie

Re: Green Lantern-the Movie

I'd much prefer a Hal Jordan solo-movie, with the origin and everything. Base it off Emerald Dawn.

Oo, Emerald Dawn would be good. I could see John Stewart showing up as another Corps member and maybe a flashback to Alan Scott. The movie has to be about Jordan though. He got the shaft in the Timmverse.

If they decide to do a GL movie-should they use all four GLs?
I approve of this.

I want a Green Lantern movie to feature Kilowog, Katma Tui and the like as supporting cast members, acting as the existing 'intergalactic precinct' welcoming the human rookie whether it's Hal, Kyle, Guy or John.

However, I prefer John if only so we can finally have a black superhero from the DC universe with his own movie who ISN'T played by Shaquille O'Neal.

I want a Green Lantern movie to feature Kilowog, Katma Tui and the like as supporting cast members, acting as the existing 'intergalactic precinct' welcoming the human rookie whether it's Hal, Kyle, Guy or John.

Except, it doesn't really work with John unless you want to sacrifice his entire 'seasoned officer' character and turn him into a rookie.

However, I prefer John if only so we can finally have a black superhero from the DC universe with his own movie who ISN'T played by Shaquille O'Neal.

Yeah, there's that, but I maintain that they shouldn't just make a black superhero movie for the sake of the protagonist being black. That's just as bad as not having any black characters. It should be made for the sake of bringing John's character to life in a movie that suits him.

Jack Black's a ****ing great actor!:x

I think he gets typecast a lot as the loser or jerk character, but he really is a good actor. Did you see him in King Kong? I hated him before that because I'd only seen him in Schoolhouse Rock, where he was insufferable.

Even though Jack Black is a better actor than he gets credit for, I don't think he'd be a good fit for a Green Lantern.

Did you see him in King Kong?.

I did , He was horrible in it. I'll admit sometimes his music in real life was good but as an actor he sucks he plays every part he's in the same and he sucks at them.

but i'll stop I don't want to get off topic with how much he sucks

I think he gets typecast a lot as the loser or jerk character, but he really is a good actor. Did you see him in King Kong? I hated him before that because I'd only seen him in Schoolhouse Rock, where he was insufferable.

Even though Jack Black is a better actor than he gets credit for, I don't think he'd be a good fit for a Green Lantern.

I agree, but I saw a fan art with Jack in a gl uniform and it didnt look half bad. He could have been good, but it could have been a reciepe for diaster

Except, it doesn't really work with John unless you want to sacrifice his entire 'seasoned officer' character and turn him into a rookie.
That is exactly what I want.

On the planet Earth, the police are referred to as the 'finest' of whatever city they happen to be --- New York's Finest, Chicago's Finest, etc. The Green Lantern movie should be about a legendary intergalactic super-precinct featuring The Galaxy's Finest.

The Galaxy's Finest are respected for being the force of order, the organization that seeks to make finer worlds --- all without answering to a higher authority (other than the relatively hands off guidance of the Guardians).

Unfortunately this lack of accountability has made them grow a little arrogant, snobbish and self-important. The Galaxy's Finest have let being the 'best of the best' turn them into elitists who look down on the non-chosen.

Enter John Stewart. A human, chosen by the great Abin Sur.

A HUMAN. Can you imagine how absurd that is to the Green Lantern Corps?

A HUMAN. From Earth.

Did you know that 99.9% of Earthlings never leave their home planet?

Did you know they still have 'countries' on that planet?

To the Green Lantern Corps, Earth is the redneck armpit of the galaxy.

This is where the story of The Green Lantern movie begins.

It's where one of the greatest Green Lanterns, Abin Sur, is a history professor, and one with the vision to pass it to some 'mere' human.

It's where this 'redneck' may not know from an 'enlightened intergalactic perspective' but he certainly has an instinctive sense of right and wrong.

It's where this damn ROOKIE, who hails from the most backward planet in the galaxy reminds these elitists of the values they have lost touch with.

It's how the small-town kid becomes the greatest freaking cop in the universe.

Damn Ourchair , I'm not a big GL but damn you have me wanting them to make that. That sounds ****ing great.

Quick noob question. Is John Stewart the original white guy or the JLU black guy? Because I personally prefer the JLU one.

That is exactly what I want.

On the planet Earth, the police are referred to as the 'finest' of whatever city they happen to be --- New York's Finest, Chicago's Finest, etc. The Green Lantern movie should be about a legendary intergalactic super-precinct featuring The Galaxy's Finest.

The Galaxy's Finest are respected for being the force of order, the organization that seeks to make finer worlds --- all without answering to a higher authority (other than the relatively hands off guidance of the Guardians).

Unfortunately this lack of accountability has made them grow a little arrogant, snobbish and self-important. The Galaxy's Finest have let being the 'best of the best' turn them into elitists who look down on the non-chosen.

Enter John Stewart. A human, chosen by the great Abin Sur.

A HUMAN. Can you imagine how absurd that is to the Green Lantern Corps?

A HUMAN. From Earth.

Did you know that 99.9% of Earthlings never leave their home planet?

Did you know they still have 'countries' on that planet?

To the Green Lantern Corps, Earth is the redneck armpit of the galaxy.

This is where the story of The Green Lantern movie begins.

It's where one of the greatest Green Lanterns, Abin Sur, is a history professor, and one with the vision to pass it to some 'mere' human.

It's where this 'redneck' may not know from an 'enlightened intergalactic perspective' but he certainly has an instinctive sense of right and wrong.

It's where this damn ROOKIE, who hails from the most backward planet in the galaxy reminds these elitists of the values they have lost touch with.

It's how the small-town kid becomes the greatest freaking cop in the universe.

I approve of this pitch and opt to green-light.

So now the question is who would you cast as John Stewart? I know how picky you are with casting African Americans. So I'm totally intrigued as who you'd cast. I also think that you'd be surprised as to who I'd pick as Kyle Rayner with this pitch instead of John.

Last edited:

Oooooh. You sonuva*****. Brilliant.

He is the perfect embodiment of upstanding black man from the impoverished inner-city.

Plus, physically he also portrays the right mix of imposing and yet strong beacon of light for good.

Last edited:

Oooooh. You sonuva*****. Brilliant.

He is the perfect embodiment of upstanding black man from the impoverished inner-city.

Plus, physically he also portras the right mix of impoving and yet strong beacon of light for good.
:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Who WOULD you pick as Kyle Rayner?

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Who WOULD you pick as Kyle Rayner?

Going with the whole "redneck" idea (even though I know you mean the planet Earth and not the actual cast) I'd go for Lucas Black.

But for someone more conventional........

I'd pick Chris Klein.

No, I'm TOTALLY serious.

The scary part is that's EXACTLY who I was gonna say!!! :shock: I'm dead ****ing serious.

The scary part is that's EXACTLY who I was gonna say!!! :shock: I'm dead ****ing serious.
You know what's scarier? ...

Victor Von Doom said:
Going with the whole "redneck" idea (even though I know you mean the planet Earth and not the actual cast) I'd go for Lucas Black.
...THAT was exactly who I was going to say!

Latest posts

Back