Greg Lantern the Movie

Re: Green Lantern-the Movie

Well I say Stewart just because there needs to be more Black super heroes out there
I've said before I don't care which Lantern it is, but how about he's just a black version of Rayner or Jordan?

Can you imagine how upset the fans would be? :twisted:

I wouldn't mind whichever gets chosen, but I would like more of Stewart, to see him used more, I guess.

I've said before I don't care which Lantern it is, but how about he's just a black version of Rayner or Jordan?

Can you imagine how upset the fans would be? :twisted:

They would riot in the streets, and then get the crap beat out of them by african americans

They would riot in the streets, and then get the crap beat out of them by african americans
African American comic book fans will always win in a fight with White-American comic book fans.*

FACT.

This is why Oliver Tull is the best co-host at Fanboy Radio.

Asian comic book fans can also beat up White-American comic book fans because they have martial arts.

Last edited:

CBR:

IESB has a spoilers and rumors about the Hal Jordan story, indicating that Greg Berlanti is currently attached to direct the DC Comics adaptation, but that George Miller may be getting the job.

GreenLanternConcept1.jpg

Well, he's certainly not the best-looking Hal I've ever seen. His costume's pretty good, though. A little bit more green wouldn't hurt. The logo is terrible, though and doesn't really resemble a lantern at all.

CBR:

In the realm of rumors, Moviehole starts us off with allegations that "Angel" vet David Boreanaz is up for the role of Hal Jordan while "Watchmen" star Carla Gugino is being considered for Carol Ferris. They come to this assumption based on last week's concept drawings, which were commissioned by director Greg Berlanti.

Meanwhile, back in the valleys of the verifiable, writer Marc Guggenheim gave The Pulse an update on the script development. "I've been working my *** off on Green Lantern," he said. "I'm ready for a weekend off. I really can't say too much about it. I've sworn a blood oath of secrecy. I will tell you it features Hal Jordan and is an incredibly faithful rendition of the character. It honors everything everyone loves about the hero. We approach it from a fan's perspective. Every step of the way, we ask ourselves what we want to see and what the fans will want to see. I think we have a script that will actually satisfy on those levels. Right now I'm just doing a rewrite for the studio with Greg [Berlanti] and Michael [Green]. We'll turn that in next week. We just keep moving forward. It's really good stuff."

CBR:

In the realm of rumors, Moviehole starts us off with allegations that "Angel" vet David Boreanaz is up for the role of Hal Jordan while "Watchmen" star Carla Gugino is being considered for Carol Ferris. They come to this assumption based on last week's concept drawings, which were commissioned by director Greg Berlanti.

Meanwhile, back in the valleys of the verifiable, writer Marc Guggenheim gave The Pulse an update on the script development. "I've been working my *** off on Green Lantern," he said. "I'm ready for a weekend off. I really can't say too much about it. I've sworn a blood oath of secrecy. I will tell you it features Hal Jordan and is an incredibly faithful rendition of the character. It honors everything everyone loves about the hero. We approach it from a fan's perspective. Every step of the way, we ask ourselves what we want to see and what the fans will want to see. I think we have a script that will actually satisfy on those levels. Right now I'm just doing a rewrite for the studio with Greg [Berlanti] and Michael [Green]. We'll turn that in next week. We just keep moving forward. It's really good stuff."
I hope they green light it, I really want to see a GL movie and a Flash movies

CBR:

It sickens me how much I want to see Boreanaz play Hal Jordan. Please make this movie, right now.

It sickens me how much I want to see Boreanaz play Hal Jordan. Please make this movie, right now.

Y'know, as much as I badmouth all things Buffy/Angel, I cannot think of anyone but David Boreanaz to play Hal.

I concur.

He seems like a good choice. I don't know if they'd want someone with a bigger draw considering that most people don't know who the Green Lantern is. Hugh Jackman would be good if he wasn't playing Wolverine. But then again is he hadn't we'd probably not know who he is.

David Boreanaz has as much of a draw as Robert Downey Jr. when you think about it and he was in a movie with a hero that likely very few average filmgoers had heard about before.

David Boreanaz as Hal is amazing casting. When this rumor is proven to be false and they've gotten some other punk to play Hal I shall lament the fact that I was correct.

You can laugh but everytime I think about who would play a great Hal Jordan, I always picture Greg Kinnear. Yes, Greg Kinnear. Now, I'm not a huge Kinnear fan or anything, this is just how my brain works when I think about a Green Lantern movie.

Also, Josh Brolin as Guy Gardner.

David Boreanaz has as much of a draw as Robert Downey Jr. when you think about it and he was in a movie with a hero that likely very few average filmgoers had heard about before.

after thinking about it you're probably right.

Latest posts

Back